Podium Free has been updated to version 3.2.1. The download is available on the Podium Free product page. If you need the older version, you can download that from the My Downloads page if you have registered a free account.
The previous version 2.42 has been downloaded more than 50000 times, and was released more than two years ago, so this update is long overdue. More frequent updates to Podium Free will follow in the future. Follow Zynewave on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ to get notifications when new releases are available.
Here’s a summary of changes since version 2.42:
- Podium Free is available as both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) builds.
- Support for Unicode file names and text input.
- New “Control Surfaces” page in the Audio/MIDI setup dialog. Up to eight Mackie Control compatible devices can be configured.
- Support for jBridge x86/x64 VST plugin wrapper.
- The installer allows specifying separate installation paths for Podium Free and the bundled Zynewave plugins.
- The installer includes an updated Podium Guide html document. Selecting context help in Podium will open this document instead of opening the online guide on the Zynewave website.
- Included a new Podium Release History html document that can be opened from the Podium Help menu.
- Reorganized the edit menu. Inactive menu commands that were previously hidden are now shown as grayed out, to make the appearance of the edit menu more consistent.
- Added several new edit menu commands to the note, curve and arrangement editors. Some of the commands open dialogs for adjusting velocities, transposition, curve points and sound events.
- Added several new mouse edit shortcuts to the velocity region. The shortcuts are listed in the popup help for the note velocity mode buttons.
- Support for mice with 4-way scroll wheel.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
You can find detailed changelogs by browsing the Podium Releases on the blog.