Topic: 2.11

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
    DFusion
    Participant

I just tried the exe test version now and i get the same error.

druid
    Participant

Though by a small number so far, it is seeming people with Vista are fine … and people not, are not.

Is there any reason you don’t keep an XP machine around, Frits? I daresay most people still use XP, and Vista and XP are not entirely cross-compatible (if that’s the term). In order to be sure, I think it a good idea to keep both Vista and XP available for, at the very least, quick testing.

With that said, I totally understand it’s not solved yet, more people would need to chime in with their OS and results. ’twas merely a preliminary comment.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Are any of you that have the crash problem running Vista?
    Are there any who have successfully installed and run 2.11?

Hi Frits,

That is very strange. 😐 I am just heading down to the VIP area to get 2.11, will report back. I’ll install on Vista x64 (main audio OS for me) and if you want me too I can try Vista x86 (my general use OS).

Conquistador
    Participant

Green light with Vista x64. No problem so far based on a very brief run.

As stated already it does indeed appear to be a Vista – XP specific problem at least based on initial feedback.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

OOohh, bug now fixed 8)

I tried 2.11 on my netbook which has XP, and sure enough I got the crash.

After some experiments it turned out to be a timing related issue, and not related to XP/Vista. It was the popup of the splash screen which caused some code to run on unintialized data. This crash bug may well be the cause for the intermittent crashes reported by aMUSEd. For some reason the code changes in 2.12 caused this bug finally to appear on one of my machines.

I’ll release 2.12 later tonight.

aMUSEd
    Participant

I was going to say it had the same error message as my crash so that might be it

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I’ve uploaded an .exe beta 2.12. Could some of you that had the crash problem with 2.11 please try this beta and report if it works.

Fragilex
    Participant

Just tested it (on XP) and it seems to work fine. Thanks.

DFusion
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I’ve uploaded an .exe beta 2.12. Could some of you that had the crash problem with 2.11 please try this beta and report if it works.

The new beta 2.12 work great here with XP SP3 😀

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Hi! I didn’t try 2.11, but 2.12beta1 works fine in winxp home sp3. Thanks!

druid
    Participant

The new beta .exe works fine for me as well.

On that note, I kind of like having access to the .exe file and not having to reinstall, causing a new folder in my program files to be made even if I select a different directory, a desktop icon being created, the zynewave projects folder in my documents which I remove, and so forth. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘2.11’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave