Topic: 3.2.0

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Note editor: Added “Adjust Velocities…” to the edit menu. The edit dialog contains controls for: Value, strength, offset, randomization and preview. Enabling the “Clipboard” option will fetch the velocity value from the first available note event on the clipboard.
    • Note editor: Added “Adjust Transposition…” to the edit menu. The edit dialog contains controls for octaves and semitones as well as a preview option.
    • Note editor: Added “Invert Notes”, “Reverse Notes”, “Invert Velocities”, “Reverse Velocities” to the edit menu.
    • Velocity region: Alt+Click+Drag over note bars to offset velocities. Offset amount is controlled by dragging up/down. A horizontal offset alignment line is drawn while dragging.
    • Velocity region: Ctrl+Click+Drag to adjust velocities of selected events. Up/down offsets velocities. Left/right compresses/expands dynamic range centered around clicked velocity value.
    • Velocity region: Shift+Click to start dragging a marquee selection of note events whose velocities fall within the marquee.
    • Curve editor: Added “Adjust Points…” to the edit menu. The edit dialog contains controls for: Value, strength, offset, randomization and preview. Selecting the “Clipboard” option will fetch the point value from the first available point event on the clipboard. If the edited curve sequence controls gain or send levels, the values are entered as dB. MIDI parameters use 0-127 value range, and all other paremeters use percentage values.
    • Arrangement editor: Added “Adjust Sound Events…” to the edit menu. The edit dialog contains controls for: Gain value, gain strength, gain offset, panning, fade-in/out times and curve shape, and clipboard option.
    • Reorganized the edit menu. Inactive menu commands that were previously hidden are now shown as grayed out, to make the appearance of the edit menu more consistent.
    • The bus return section (optionally shown docked in the mixer) no longer includes parent group tracks.
    • Updated the bundled zPlugins to support Unicode preset and parameter names.
    4mica
    Participant

Alrighty, thanks again Frits-

Conquistador
    Participant

Hi Frits, šŸ™‚

I am having problems scanning these plugs in Podium 3.2.0…

MonoChannel

StereoChannel

I’m running Podium x64 on W7 x64. Podium will crash during the scan. Any suggestions?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

Hi Frits, šŸ™‚

I am having problems scanning these plugs in Podium 3.2.0…

MonoChannel

StereoChannel

I’m running Podium x64 on W7 x64. Podium will crash during the scan. Any suggestions?

Have you successfully used the plugins in previous Podium versions, or is this the first time you try the plugins?

Please describe how it crashes. Does it show the “a plugin has performed an illegal action…” dialog?

Is the plugin put on Podiums quarantine list, and skipped during next scan?

kingtubby
    Participant

Many thanks as always Frits – great stuff, and just a friendly reminder to update the home page šŸ™‚

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Have you successfully used the plugins in previous Podium versions, or is this the first time you try the plugins?

I tried scanning them in the previous version and still had a crash.

Please describe how it crashes. Does it show the “a plugin has performed an illegal action…” dialog?

No. It shows the scanning box and just stops at either of the two dll files for the plugins. Windows then pops up the “stopped working” prompt with options to check for a solution online or close the program.

Is the plugin put on Podiums quarantine list, and skipped during next scan?

This part surprised me. Usually if there is a problem with a plugin(very rare) Podium will put the plug on the quarantine list…and yes it should be skipped on the next scan but…not this time or with these plugs. They seem to scan and work well with Studio One and Sonar that is why I am bringing it up here. Possibly the dev did not test with Podium but maybe there is also a problem with scanning somehow.

I don’t seem to have a problem scanning other plugs Commercial or freebies in Podium so I am not sure what to make of this problem. :-k

MikaFrench31
    Participant

Hi Frits, many thanks šŸ˜€

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

A bit late, but I only got to install and play around with 3.2. just now!
    The adjust sound events dialog is fantastic! šŸ˜€

I’m having trouble with the reverse notes function though, as it seems to go crazy on drum grooves. Here’s a distilled example:

1. shows my original notes
    2. is what I expected to get (judging from the function’s help text that it would simply flip notes horizontally)
    3. is what it actually did

What am I misunderstanding? šŸ˜•

Secondly, I expected the notes to retain their velocity levels – instead, the lowest note (most quiet in the original) is now the loudest after using the reverse function.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Is “gain strength” only relevant when using the absolute gain dial (the topmost one)?

Would you mind explaining its purpose to me, Frits? šŸ˜³

Because the only way I can think of using it is to set it to either 100 or 0 in order to choose between applying an absolute or relative gain setting,
    which seems like a strange way to handle it, in my opinion.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

I’m having trouble with the reverse notes function though, as it seems to go crazy on drum grooves. Here’s a distilled example:

1. shows my original notes
    2. is what I expected to get (judging from the function’s help text that it would simply flip notes horizontally)
    3. is what it actually did

What am I misunderstanding? šŸ˜•

The “reverse notes” will only reverse the note values of the selected events, and not the actual events. The same with the seperate velocities commands. So note timing is not affected.

I thought it useful to e.g. create up/down runs of a note sequence without affecting dynamics and timing.

Secondly, I expected the notes to retain their velocity levels – instead, the lowest note (most quiet in the original) is now the loudest after using the reverse function.

Only the note values are reversed. Do an additional reverse velocities, and they should follow along.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Is “gain strength” only relevant when using the absolute gain dial (the topmost one)?

Would you mind explaining its purpose to me, Frits? šŸ˜³

Because the only way I can think of using it is to set it to either 100 or 0 in order to choose between applying an absolute or relative gain setting,
    which seems like a strange way to handle it, in my opinion.

Gain strength only applies to the gain value.

Say you have a bunch of sound events with varying gain offsets, that you feel are too random. You can then e.g. set the gain to -6 dB, and then use the strength dial to gradually pull the gain offsets towards -6 dB.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Hmm, so you can’t reverse note “clusters” either (as in, simply swap two chords’ places on the timeline) unless they have the same number of notes (of which the note values can be swapped)…

Is there a workaround or trick to this, or is it just not what the function is intended for?

Gain strength: yes, that makes sense. Thanks for the example.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Hmm, so you can’t reverse note “clusters” either (as in, simply swap two chords’ places on the timeline) unless they have the same number of notes (of which the note values can be swapped)…

Is there a workaround or trick to this, or is it just not what the function is intended for?

I considered implementing a reverse method like you describe, but there are scenarios where this would be tricky. It would make sense in the no. 2 example in your screenshot, but what if the last note was shorter and there was a pause at the end, how would you expect it to be reversed then? Reversing any non-quantized sequence of notes would mess up the timing.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Well, reading the description, I indeed expected it to work just like a horizontal flip function in image editing. That includes maybe having to adjust note starts on non-quantized material and such.
    Because as I far as I’ve explored, it can really only be used on perfectly symmetrical (note length wise) sequences…

Don’t worry about it, though, if you and everyone else are happy with how it works! It’s just my usual nagging. šŸ˜‰

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘3.2.0’ is closed to new replies.
Ā© 2021 Zynewave