Topic: 0.93

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

This version will expire on May 1, 2004.

• Added popup help to toolbar elements in editors. The help button in the upper right corner of the browser window will switch popup help on/off.
    • Undo/Redo buttons in editors now indicates whether undo/redo is possible. Pointing the mouse over the buttons will popup a description of the undo and redo actions.
    • Fix: A level automation track placed below a plugin track that was not audio enabled, would skip over the plugin track and automate the parent track instead.
    • Fix: Project files containing huge library presets resulted in load error when trying to reload.
    • Fix: Error message boxes shown at startup were sometimes hidden behind splash screen.
    • Fix: Using the normalize, reverse and invert sound edit commands could result in crash.

Click here to download Podium Beta 0.93

This is only the first stage in the popup help. Further popup help will be available in later releases. I would be interested in knowing what people think about this popup help system; How detailed should the popups be in their description, and what graphical elements in the editors should present a help popup?

martin armsby
    Participant

Hi there,
    I get a message:

Authorization Required
    This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when trying to download the Beta !
    Is it my browser ?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

You should enter the actual words betatester/beta. Maybe you tried using your forum name and password? Anyway, I have just removed the password protection. The only reason I originally added the authorization was to make sure people understood that it was a beta-version they were downloading.

Frits

duncanparsons
    Participant

Well, 0.93 reactions…

I like the tooltips, don’t linger any longer than they are needed (like M$ products), and are of a good readable size.

Undo/Redo hints are good.. could they be made to list, say, the last 4 or 5 actions? Sometimes, I make a mistake, and do a couple more things before I realise where I went wrong, and so being able to see the audit trail a bit better can help!

I’ve having a problem with a plug crashing Podium with an AV. It’s a beta plug (called Nubi from pj geerlings [betarequest@nubuvsti.org]). It is fully stable on every other host I have tried, and this has been other people’s experience too. I’ll try and get a better handle on when it fails.. It has been on assigning a preset, and when closing Podium (I guess on the plug unload).

Any timescale on default GUI’s? (I’ve checked future.htm) I like using the mda plugins, and the SimulAnalog ones, none of which respond to MIDI CC, so I can’t easily set the parameters using that. I have been creating fxp/fxb files, and loading them into library presets, but that hasn’t worked properly for the SimulAnalog JCM900 plug. A default GUI would alleviate this problem, since it would all be handled with Podium and it’s files…

Other than that, all seems stable still!

DSP

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Undo/Redo hints are good.. could they be made to list, say, the last 4 or 5 actions?

Added to the plan.

I’ve having a problem with a plug crashing Podium with an AV. It’s a beta plug (called Nubi…

I’ve just sent a mail to inquire about the Nubi beta.

Any timescale on default GUI’s? (I’ve checked future.htm)

I have now moved it up on the scheduled plan. I cannot promise when it will be done, but hopefully in a month or so.

Donald S. Griffin
    Participant

Tracktion has a button to lengthen the time it takes for tooltips to pop up so that you can make them less annoying once you get the hang of things. I found it worked pretty well for me. I have seen other programs that let you set how many milliseconds until they pop up.

Spaceman
    Participant

I really really like what this program is going to become but for now I do have a few (major) issues..

one of them being very (to ridiculously) high CPU consumption (with some VSTis like CUBE)

second, recording is way off (or doesn’t record half the notes at all) with whatever midi interface I use

third, hanging notes

smaller issues:

removing a track switches of other tracks or disconnects mapping of other synths

tracks don’t show completely

have to choose midi interface twice sometimes to make it work

DMX 6Fire
    USB keyb
    hardware synths
    win xp pro

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Donald S. Griffin wrote:

Tracktion has a button to lengthen the time it takes for tooltips to pop up so that you can make them less annoying once you get the hang of things. I found it worked pretty well for me. I have seen other programs that let you set how many milliseconds until they pop up.

Hmm, actually I’m often annoyed by delayed popups. When I work with a new program I want tooltips to appear instantly (because I’m scanning along the buttons to learn the program), or I don’t want them to appear at all. I prefer to have a button easily available that can turn popups on/off.

The reasoning behind delayed popups; “because a user has kept the mouse over this button for a number of milliseconds, it must be because he wants to be reminded of what this button can do” does not appeal to me. This can be a very stressing experience for a user, knowing that his/her actions in the UI are being timed.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Spaceman wrote:

I really really like what this program is going to become but for now I do have a few (major) issues..

Ouch, that is a lot of issues :cry:. Most of your problems are not known to me, so I need more details to be able to fix them. Could you go to the Interfaces dialog, create a report and mail it to me?

one of them being very (to ridiculously) high CPU consumption (with some VSTis like CUBE)

How big a difference in percentage compared to other hosts? Does this high CPU usage decrease noticeably if you set a bigger buffer size?

second, recording is way off (or doesn’t record half the notes at all) with whatever midi interface I use

What MIDI interfaces are you using? Some MIDI interface drivers does not add a correct time stamp to incoming MIDI events. Try to check the ‘Ignore time stamps from driver’ for each MIDI input in the interfaces dialog. If this is the case with your MIDI interfaces, then this can explain your hanging notes issues as well.

third, hanging notes

How?

removing a track switches of other tracks or disconnects mapping of other synths

Switches off, as in tracks get visually muted? or is it just in the audio you notice this?

tracks don’t show completely

Do you mean the information shown in the track headers?

have to choose midi interface twice sometimes to make it work

In the interfaces dialog? What do you mean choose twice; do you have to exit the interfaces dialog and reenter it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘0.93’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave