Topic: 1.03

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Fix: Using pencil tool to double click on sequence events, could cause a crash under certain circumstances.
    • Fix: Pointing with pencil tool below last track, would always show the track resize cursor and not allow clicking to create new track.
    kagemusha
    Participant

Hi,

A minor thing I encountered.
    By adding the feaure that the contextual menu reflects the tools in the toolbar I get the X(only) and Y(only) zoom function in the contextual menu (they are in my toolbar) >> but they are not selectable in the contextual menu.

ciao
    Eli

Zynewave
    Keymaster

By adding the feaure that the contextual menu reflects the tools in the toolbar I get the X(only) and Y(only) zoom function in the contextual menu (they are in my toolbar) >> but they are not selectable in the contextual menu.

Thanks. Fix will be available in 1.04.

aea
    Participant

Are all updates free with the full purchase?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Are all updates free with the full purchase?

Yes, all updates are free. I think I better go add that info to the purchase page.

In the future I plan to offer major new features as add-on licenses, but this probably won’t happen until a release 1.5 or 2.0. Read the license discussion in this topic.

Frits

dustyny1
    Participant

Maybe it is a little off topic, would it possible to update the demo to keep up with the current releases. As soon as I feel Podium has the basic features I need to work I will purchase it, but I have no way of knowing until new demos are released. Perhaps some of the other ghosts on this board are waiting for the same reasons.

Thanks for you consideration..
    -=Dustin

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Hi Dustin,

I fully understand your request. I had intended to keep the demo updated on each version. However, a crack of the 1.00 demo appeared the day after I released 1.00, and yesterday 9 out of every 10 visitors to the site came as referrals from warez sites. I suspect a lot of the ‘ghosts’ you mention are just waiting for a new crack of the latest version.

I will update the demo soon, but I’d like my paying customers to be a step ahead of the warez users. I’m thinking about how to cripple new demo versions so that a demo-crack will not be as complete as the full version. What kind of crippling would be acceptable to you?

Sardaukar
    Participant

A good way of crippling ive seen, is to allow the full save of projects, but prevent projects being loaded. However, this would stop people playing the demo songs that come with Podium.

Perhaps just removing save may be the best thing, and I mean literally ripping out the code the performs the save. Cant crack it, if the code doesnt exist in the first place.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I don’t think disabling load or save of projects is a good idea. It would mean that the demo users would need to go through the studio setup process every time they start Podium.

suges
    Participant

Blast of white noise every 60 seconds. Bounce function not available. All other functions enabled. It’s been done elsewhere and is pretty much everything the user needs to see if they like the program, while being just annoying enough to prompt them to buy.

dustyny1
    Participant

I have had this very same discussion with a developer friend of mine.

Limiting a demo’s functionality might help a little bit, but ussually the crackers just purchase or download a full version and just crack that.

Programs with out demos are still cracked and passed around the net, cubase, logic, sonar etc. Sadly there is no easy way around the piracy problem. I remember speaking with a VSTi developer and his forum had something like 25,000 users who discussed USING the product yet he sold less then 200 copies total. Personally I think you are already going with the best approach, be helpful, friendly, and open minded and people who will purchase the product will. The people who always use wares will rarely purchase anything anyway.

BTW a registered user forum might be a good way to go, stop giving support to people who didn’t pay for the program in the first place. Of course a open demo forum will help bring people in to the fold. Honestly Propellerheads takes a very good approach to this.

duncanparsons
    Participant

something like No bounce, or no boumce on tracks mapped to master out (and don’t allow anything to play if there is no master out mapping) might be a good work around.

couple that with the burst of white noice into the audio stream every 30-60 secs (make it variable)…

DSP

suges
    Participant

heheh

echo…echo…echo…echo…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘1.03’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave