Topic: 1.06

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added new file explorer panel to the list window.
      Any wave and graphics files referenced by the currently loaded project will be marked with pinhead images. Pressing return key or double clicking on wave files will audition the wave file while showing a small progress bar.
    • Window sizes can be dragged larger than the Windows desktop. This allows stretching windows across multiple virtual screens using some third party virtual desktop utilities.
    • Track heights can be dragged no matter what tool is selected.
    • Fix: When looping was active during playback, sequence events starting inside the loop range would not play if an empty sequence event stretched beyond the loop end point.

The demo of Podium has been updated to this version and can be accessed on the download page.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Seems like ages to me since the last release, so I decided to release this version even though some work is still required on the file explorer panel. Most importantly the capability to drag files directly onto tracks, without having to import the files first. This is what I will be working on next.

duncanparsons
    Participant

explorer panel is nice! Took me a while to find it! (resize the object list for those trying to get it!)

I like the way the even midi files have the import option available – nice touch.

Could double clicking on the folder path bring up the folder dialog as well? Just an idea.

Very pleased, frits!

DSP

Zynewave
    Keymaster

(resize the object list for those trying to get it!)

Yes, forgot to mention that. When creating new list windows the default width is set to show the file panel by default. Those of you who have opened the list window in previous Podium versions will still have a narrow list window as the window size is stored in the setup file.

Could double clicking on the folder path bring up the folder dialog as well? Just an idea.

Good idea.

kagemusha
    Participant

Hi Frits,

Downloaded the latest version. great stuff this explorer like browser.

I noticed that 32float is supported now (by accident). Since when because I didn’t noticed it before.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I noticed that 32float is supported now (by accident). Since when because I didn’t noticed it before.

๐Ÿ˜ฏ I don’t remember having implemented 32float wave file support. The file explorer may show the wavefiles, but you will not be able to play or import them, yet.

kagemusha
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    Yes they load an play. I mostly use 32float and I checked this partculary file in audtion >>> 32 bit float 44 khz

Edit:
    Could it be I saved in audition as a 24-bit packed int(type 1,20-bit)
    but it gives 32bit float in its properties.
    Some other files I can not open

In the properties of the file in podium it says resolution 20bits
    โ“

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Hmm, I just checked my code. Floating point wave files are definitely not supported, and should produce an error when you try to load them. Are you sure the files you tested are in floating point format? What does the properties dialog in Windows file explorer claim?

Edit: Just saw your edit to your previous post. Could you mail me a short example wave file that loads as floating point in Audition and fixed point in Podium?

kagemusha
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜•
    about some files the windows properties dialog says there is no info available (free translation to english). about the files I assumed they were 32float it says it’s 20bit

I checked in tracktion and it gives 24bit
    audition gives 32float

I’m confused now
    these are files i recorded/manipulated in audition.
    I opened a new file as 32bit. But apperently they are saved as some 20bit format. I now checked that older files are definitly 32bit but these recent files are 20 bit. Audtion still gives 32bit thats why i was convinced they were.

It seems that logic is winning here>> if you don’t implement 32float it won’t play them

Sorry for give you illusions ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘1.06’ is closed to new replies.
ยฉ 2021 Zynewave