Topic: 1.12

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The mixer has a new ‘send’ row which will contain send dials on tracks that have a send mapping assigned. The send dial will control the ‘wet’ signal going into the send mapping and the gain dial will control the ‘dry’ signal going past the send mapping.
    • Tracks with audio mappings assigned will automatically have the mixer gain and pan dials. Setting the ‘enable audio mixing’ option in the track properties dialog is now only needed for enabling audio bounce mode and for enabling submixing on group tracks with no mappings.
    • Setting the gain or send dial to minimum positions will set the level to ‘off’ rather than the previously -48 dB.
    • Added ‘audio send’ to the parameter type list in the parameter properties dialog. This is used for automation of the new send dial control.
    • Added new ‘Mixer bus’ option to the device mapping properties dialog. When this option is selected, the ‘global instance’ field indicates the mixer bus instance.
    • The audio mixer mappings panel in the project wizard includes a button for creating bus mappings.
    • The installer includes a new example project demonstrating various uses of bus mappings.
    • Fix: Changed internal mixing behaviour of tracks that output mono/stereo into a parent track with a different channel configuration. Meters on these tracks now show meters for the channel configuration of the parent track. This is a more sensible solution and solves a problem with latency compensation on panning automation.
    duncanparsons
    Participant

Frits

This looks very interesting. I’ll dl in the morning and have a play. I’ll do my next tune with it as a test. It’s a simple song for my wife!

DSP

duncanparsons
    Participant

Going OK – the demo project is helpful.

Could something be put in for automatically creating send and return devices? Maybe an option in the New.. menu? Just ask for a name and the number of through channels.

I like what I see btw! I was sort of expecting a send for every bus created, but what you have done is far more sleek, and will obviously cut down CPU resource – rather than sending out parts of every track to the busses and overloading the system, the simple ‘I want that to go there’ approach is nice. It can make for rather involved tree structures, but you know aht goes where. As and when the allowance for multiple device mappings per track comes in the stuctures can be simplified (I recall we talked vaguely about it sometime ago), but until that point, I’d say you’ve done a good job there mate!

πŸ˜€

DSP

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Glad you like it Duncan.

Could something be put in for automatically creating send and return devices? Maybe an option in the New.. menu? Just ask for a name and the number of through channels.

I was hoping that the new ‘Create new mixer bus mappings’ command in the project wizard would be enough. If you want the bus mappings to be named differently than Bus 1, Bus 2 etc. you can just rename the mappings afterwards.

I was sort of expecting a send for every bus created

The solution with encapsulating the busses in device mapping objects, was a perfect fit with the existing audio engine. I considered the solution with presenting a send dial for each bus on every audio track, but found there were some disadvantages. As you said it would require more CPU usage. Furthermore all audio tracks would need to be delayed with the maximum latency introduced in any of the busses. By using the device mapping method, you can have a bus with a large latency (e.g. SIR reverb), but still audition realtime on tracks with VSTi synths that are not routed into this bus.

duncanparsons
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Glad you like it Duncan.

I was hoping that the new ‘Create new mixer bus mappings’ command in the project wizard would be enough. If you want the bus mappings to be named differently than Bus 1, Bus 2 etc. you can just rename the mappings afterwards.

Completely missed it, I’ll look next time I load up!

DSP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘1.12’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave