Topic: 1.19

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Included a new Surround.pod example project in the installer.
    • Number of channels supported for Wave files is extended from 11 to 32.
    • Changed sound properties dialog to allow setting a channel count independently of speaker positions. Allows configuring a sound to use up to 32 mono channels.
    • Extended available channel/speaker configurations in device mapping properties dialog with 2 to 32 mono channels.
    • Mixer meter strips for surround channel configurations are grouped according to speaker positions rather than according to order in wave file.
    • Miniature speaker position icons are drawn below mixer meter strips for any channel configurations other than mono and stereo.
    • The stereo panner dial is hidden on tracks that does not process stereo audio.
    • When routing audio sources (wave files or audio output mappings) into parent tracks with a different channel configuration, the individual channels will be routed into the matching channels in the parent mapping. E.g. Quad 4 channel surround will be routed into the corresponding channels in a 7.1 mapping etc.
    • Changed description and default setting for the ‘Use time stamps from driver’ option in the interfaces dialog.
    • Fix: Bypassing an audio mapping would set up an incorrect ‘dry’ channel routing if the channel configuration of the mapping differed from the channel configuration of the mapping on the parent track.
    • Fix: The interpretation of dynamic values in parameter sysex messages was incorrect when using bit-width operands.
    acousmod
    Participant

Frits, it is extraordinary!
    Podium is the first (and only…) multitrack software that make it possible to use buses and files up to 32 channels!
    It is sure, the majority of people will not be concerned for the meantime, but it is a beautiful demonstration of the potentialities of your software.

I’ve no time to test it seriously this week, but I’m impatient to work with my 16 channels plugins and to show Podium to colleagues : they will not believe it…

Mixer meter strips for surround channel configurations are grouped according to speaker positions rather than according to order in wave file.
    Miniature speaker position icons are drawn below mixer meter strips for any channel configurations other than mono and stereo.

excellent and innovating ideas !

THANK YOU !!!

Joachim
    Participant

Screenshot:
    http://b251c.studby.ntnu.no/hillestad/Podium/Podium_buggy_graphics.png

As you can see in the screenshot, the graphics in the Time Signature and tempo plus the Loop range windows has become garbled somehow.
    I did not notice how this happened, and it’s the first time i’ve seen this behavior in Podium. If it happens again, and if I’m able to reproduce this condition, I’ll let you know.

/Joachim

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Hi Joachim,

I’ve closely studied the screenshot and I’ve closely studied my code for the painting of these fields, and I’m simply puzzled over how this could happen. Please let me know if you can find a way to reproduce this. Anyone else ever observed this?

Edit: I’ve given it some more thought, and have come to the conclusion that it must be the bitmaps for the numbers that have been corrupted. If this is the case, then the corrupted graphics should remain until you exited Podium. Can you confirm this? Also, did the corrupted graphics occur right from the start upon opening Podium, or did it appear after you had done some action within Podium? Were you using any plugins in the project?

Joachim
    Participant

I’m borrowing a Nord Rack 3 (whohoo, lucky me! :D) and I’m finally getting to know Podium well these days.
    Unfortunately, Podium crashes often and without warning most of the time.
    I’ve made two screen shots from the most recent incident.

This is the first dialog box that appears:

Then, this one:

I’ve discovered that Podium streams the sound through it’s mixer from my sound card inputs, even if audio mixing for the track in question isn’t enabled. It seems to me when I enable audio mixing for such a track, the risk for a crash is at it’s greatest.

It is worth mentioning that this *can* be caused by some bad memory in my very old Dual 600MHz puter, so I’m not blaming it all on Podium alone.

Is there a parameter or setting I can invoke to tell Podium to create a crash log?

About the graphics corruption:
    Yes, it remained corrupted until I exited Podium, and yes I discovered it after doing a few operations. I do remember using plugins when this happened. I know that VAZ Modular and Bionic Delay was there, other than that I can’t tell for sure.
    This graphics corruption has not occurred since last time. It may have been a random incident with the drivers for my display adapter.

/Joachim

Zynewave
    Keymaster

That doesn’t sound good Joachim. To start with; if you suspect you have a bad memory block, then I can recommend the free Memory Diagnostics utility from Microsoft:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

A few months ago it helped me identify a bad memory block in my old internet PC that was causing Windows to sporadically blue screen.

Is there a parameter or setting I can invoke to tell Podium to create a crash log?

You can go to the interfaces dialog and create a report. Email it to me afterwards.

I’ve discovered that Podium streams the sound through it’s mixer from my sound card inputs, even if audio mixing for the track in question isn’t enabled. It seems to me when I enable audio mixing for such a track, the risk for a crash is at it’s greatest.

If the mapping assigned to the track is configured to route audio, then the track will be set up with audio streaming no matter what the ‘Enable audio..’ option in the track properties dialog is set to. If you could email me a project file that has the problems you describe, I can have a look at it. Maybe I can use it to recreate your crash scenario on my system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘1.19’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave