Topic: 1.35

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • UI graphics speed-optimizations.
    • Improved responsiveness of plugin editors at high CPU load.
    • The keyboard editor background is painted with ghosts of all notes in the arrangement. The intensity can be set with the ‘ghost notes intensity’ option in the keyboards region dialog. Setting this to zero turns the ghosting off.
    • New ‘randomize note timing’ and ‘randomize note velocity’ options in the track properties. These are documented on the arrangement/tracks page in the guide included with the installer.
    • New ‘unload plugins when bounce is activated’ option in the track properties. This can be used to free memory occupied by large sample-based plugins.
    • Extended track info panel with controls for track settings.
    • Zoom settings for each arrangement is saved in the project file.
    • Navigation with page up/down key in arrangement editor is restricted to tracks on same group level.
    • Fix: Activating an arrangement that had multiple instances of a plugin, would for some sample-based plugins only load the preset for the first instance.
    • Fix: Hanging notes could occur on external MIDI devices when stopping playback.

Before using this release it is recommended that you store backups of your existing projects. The release has been thoroughly tested, but the extensive speed-optimizations may have introduced unforseen side effects. I will appreciate any feedback on your experiences with this release.

Podianer
    Participant

Ok, I am obviously the first one who downloads this… The Zoom-Level Save-Option is really appreciated!! Thanx for that release… Now checking on the new functions… (again locking my door!) 😈

Greetz,
    Podianer

Conquistador
    Participant

Very nice πŸ™‚

acousmod
    Participant

Zoom settings for each arrangement is saved in the project file.

Ouf !! Thanks πŸ˜‰
    Next step : zoom setting saved for the editors too ?

UI graphics speed-optimizations.

Very well now !!!

The release has been thoroughly tested, but the extensive speed-optimizations may have introduced unforseen side effects.

Three reproductible crashes for me, with the project I have sent you last time :
    – when switching from the second screen view (full arrange) to the first one (arrange on top and edition window below)
    – when dragging the track separator to the right to make it wide
    – when show / hide the Inspector. The crash occurs only in the big arrangement (“Peintures Noires”).

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Three reproductible crashes for me, with the project I have sent you last time :
    – when switching from the second screen view (full arrange) to the first one (arrange on top and edition window below)
    – when dragging the track separator to the right to make it wide
    – when show / hide the Inspector. The crash occurs only in the big arrangement (“Peintures Noires”).

DOH! 😳

All three crash-situations you describe are caused by the same bug. Part of the optimization involved using a cache of the painted waveform, instead of extracting the waveform from the sound on every paint. Unfortunately this cache is not reset when you change the horizontal width of the tracks area, causing invalid memory access. Bug-fix version will go up later today.

acousmod
    Participant

Bug-fix version will go up later today

Thanks !

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Bug-fix version 1.36 is released. I’m locking this topic to keep the release topics in chronologic order. Please post your comments about 1.35 in the 1.36 topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘1.35’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave