Topic: 1.36

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Fix: The optimizations introduced in 1.35 could cause a crash when resizing the width of the tracks timeline area.
    acousmod
    Participant

Wahouh, fastest update !

acousmod
    Participant

And I’ve just spend a few hours with this new 1.36 : the optimization of the drawing is wonderful, it is night and day with the old versions !
    I’ve also found that some of my “CPU problems” go now a little better : there are always CPU spikes after editing something, but less audio gaps and cracks.
    Thanks !

CPB
    Participant

Missed the 1.35 thread due to the lightening fast update, but I’ve a few comments about some new features :

* UI drawing – So much better, the whole product feels a whole lot more responsive now.

* Randomisation of midi sequences – This is great, it fits in so seamlessly and is an easy way to liven up programmed sequences. And having it in the track info panel makes it easily to tweaked in realtime. However, I find it drops notes quite often: I have a simple 1 bar sequence, tempo 120, playing straight 16 notes. With a timing rnd of 14ms, and velocity rnd of 23%, it drops a few notes each bar.

* Ghosts in keyboard editor – Again, this works really well. However, because the vertical grid lines are drawn ‘over’ the ghost notes, it’s impossible to tell if a ghost note is one 8th note, or 4 32nd notes. Not a big problem by any means, but I think it’d be a bit nicer if the ghost notes weren’t intersected by the grid.

* Installed guide – some links appear to be wrong in the installed version of the Podium guide. They point to files in “Z:/Sites/Zynewave/guide/”

Thanks, this is another great Podium update!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

However, I find it drops notes quite often

This is because the randomized note end of the previous note overlaps the randomized start of the next note, and so the note off will cut the next note event short. There need to be a certain amount of space between repeating notes. There is a small note about this in the guide.

some links appear to be wrong in the installed version of the Podium guide

Thanks, I’ll get those sorted. I’m doing some writing on the guide currently.

stu
    Participant

Ive Just come to thank you for adding one of My suggestions so Quickly, its somthing Im quite lost without. Its the ghost notes, these help me to see how rythms work and also how they don’t work πŸ˜† . This is an Idea that needs to be further developed, Its good how you can see all of the rythms at the same time but its also kind of confusing because they overlap in alot of cases. Its My fault for not explaining what I ment Properly. What I had in mind was to be able to select two or more parts with the marke thing which could then be opend up in the same note editor, so you can edit bothe parts together and also see the rythmic relationship. In Cubase you can select which part you want to edit by clicking on one of the notes that is in the part you want to edit, then all the notes in that part are outlined in black and all the notes in the other parts are’nt. All this is done within the same note editor. I hope this better explains it. I realise that theres loads more things you need to be getting on with so Its just somthing to think about when youve got time. What youve done already is still a great help anyway so thanks again πŸ˜€ .

Stu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘1.36’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave