Topic: 1.42

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The Podium main window title bar is hidden when the window is maximized. Minimize, restore and close buttons are placed next to the list page tab.
    • The sound edit and file progress indicator previously appearing in the status bar is now shown in a separate progress window.
    • The progress window is shown for some sound editing commands that previously had no progress indication.
    • The status bar is removed. Menu descriptions previously shown in the status bar is now shown next to the page tabs at the top of the browser window.
    • Added region height setting to the toolbar region properties dialog. Modified some toolbar elements to allow for height scaling. The default setup file is modified to use a slightly smaller toolbar height.
    • Fix: Muting tracks with mappings for a global plugin would show a misleading missing preset warning.
    duncanparsons
    Participant

I’ll give it a spin šŸ™‚

DSP

kingtubby
    Participant

Some nice UI changes Frits – Good stuff šŸ™‚

Mart.

Max
    Participant

Yeah, the fullscreen mode is a real killer! šŸ˜ˆ Thanks, Frits.

But don’t you think that tools icons looks a little blurred now? šŸ™„

BTW, the problem I’ve described here: http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=628 is still there.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

But don’t you think that tools icons looks a little blurred now?

The tool icons are now smaller and anti-aliased. To me this looks better. I’ve always been unhappy with the sharp pixelized look of the old icons, which was a direct copy of the tool mouse cursor images.

I have just replied to the post you referred to. I moved the topic from the VIP lounge to the support forum, so others can read the topic.

super_crunchy
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

The tool icons are now smaller and anti-aliased. To me this looks better. I’ve always been unhappy with the sharp pixelized look of the old icons, which was a direct copy of the tool mouse cursor images.

I hate to rock the boat, but I preferred the old icons too. Sure, they were aliased and stood out, but that’s a good thing šŸ˜‰ I think they look a bit too blurry now. In my opinion, you should try using a darker stroke around the icon elements so they look a bit crisper… Look at the examples below, in the second one I used a 1 pixel black stroke at 43% opacity

Before:

After:

Just my opinion (as a part time Graphic Designer). The example images I did are pretty rough (did them in 5 minutes) but it helps to keep the icons looking crisp IMO

Zynewave
    Keymaster

you should try using a darker stroke around the icon elements so they look a bit crisper

If I email you the .png files for the tool images, could you apply the stroke effect to them?

Any opinions from other users about the darker stroke look?

kingtubby
    Participant

I like the new look for the tools icons, but I agree with super_crunchy that a darker outline would be an improvement.

Mart.

Max
    Participant

super_crunchy’s darker stroke effect looks much better, but maybe not SO dark and not so bold šŸ˜‰

Doug B
    Participant

@super_crunchy wrote:

Just my opinion (as a part time Graphic Designer). The example images I did are pretty rough (did them in 5 minutes) but it helps to keep the icons looking crisp IMO

I wonder if you and Zynwave are using different aa edge smothing? Standard or ClearType?

Would that matter with icons, or only apply to fonts?

Don’t know if the above would make a difference, just curious here! šŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I wonder if you and Zynwave are using different aa edge smothing? Standard or ClearType?

The Standard/ClearType option you find in the display control panel only applies to fonts. I create the images shown on the tool buttons with a simple graphics program called Image Composer. I just took the old bitmaps, scaled them up in size, applied a smoothing effect to get rid of the sharp pixelization, and then scaled them down in size resulting in anti-aliased bitmaps.

Doug B
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

The Standard/ClearType option you find in the display control panel only applies to fonts.

Thanks, I thought that it might only apply to fonts.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

The next release will have darker edges around the tool images. Thanks to super_crunchy for doing the modification.

haiku
    Participant

cool, I like the bolder outline that super_crunchy did.

I liked the originals to be honest as well though too!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘1.42’ is closed to new replies.
Ā© 2021 Zynewave