Topic: 1.43

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Speed-optimizations of audio streaming and processing in the engine.
    CPB
    Participant

And don’t forget the new, bold-outline icons as well. Another great release, thanks!

Jaegerteam
    Participant

Hi Frits,
    I did not run a test where a big number of tracks will bring Podium to its maximum capacity.
    But: I am using a VERY old computer and besides this it has the graphic chip on board.
    The indicator always was nearly red when playing 8 tracks simultaneous (without plugins). Since the new release this seems to be better and also the cursor does not stutter any more.

Max
    Participant

No real difference to me, but it’s OK, because I use PIV 2 Ghz and work most often with VSTis, not audiotracks.

So thanks to Frits and super_crunchy for bold-outline icons.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Jaegerteam wrote:

Hi Frits,
    I did not run a test where a big number of tracks will bring Podium to its maximum capacity.
    But: I am using a VERY old computer and besides this it has the graphic chip on board.
    The indicator always was nearly red when playing 8 tracks simultaneous (without plugins). Since the new release this seems to be better and also the cursor does not stutter any more.

Thanks for your feedback. If you have a slow computer, then the CPU spends relatively more time doing the audio processing, so it makes sense that you will notice an improvement even for only 8 tracks.

No real difference to me, but it’s OK, because I use PIV 2 Ghz and work most often with VSTis, not audiotracks.

The optimizations also covers routing audio in and out from plugins, but you will have to use a large number of low-cpu plugins to notice an improvement.

acousmod
    Participant

Speed-optimizations of audio streaming and processing in the engine.

Concerning the CPU, the difference is asthonishing : about twice less than before, and no more CPU spikes. I can now play my project !

It doesn’t change anything with the bounce problems for me, but now I can export the 16 channels mix with the VST version of Bidule.

Thanks a lot !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘1.43’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave