Topic: 1.45

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The previous ‘select’ and ‘rearrange’ tools are joined into one ‘select’ tool.
    • Holding the shift key while clicking in the editor area will always start a marquee drag selection. Previously this would not happen if clicking on an event. Marquee selection is now also supported for tempo and marker events.
    • The marquee selection can be done with the eraser tool, in which case the selected events will be deleted when releasing the marquee drag.
    • Holding the control key while clicking on events will toggle the selection. This was previously done with the shift key.
    • Holding the alt key while clicking on a resizable event will start a resize drag action. This was previously done with the control key. The alt key was previously used as a shortcut for the segment tool.
    • After clicking on either sequence or audio events and dragging, the control key can be held to create a unique copy which will be cropped to the event time range. Previously the control key would create a phantom copy. Holding the alt key is now used to create phantom copies.
    • After clicking on events and dragging, the shift key can be held to lock either the time or vertical position of the events depending on the direction of the mouse drag. This can be combined with the control or alt key when dragging copies of events. The shift-lock also works when dragging track headers.
    • Double-clicking with the select tool in the tracks and format regions will create new events. Double-clicking below the last track header will create a new track.
    • Splitting an event with the scalpel will leave only the second part selected.
    • New tool shortcut behaviour is explained in tool popup help.
    • Dragging objects from lists onto tracks will reset previous event selections.
    • Modified the spacing of bar grid-lines in the editors when zoomed out.
    • Fix: Saving a copy of an existing project file to a different folder with the ‘save project as’ menu would not update relative sound file references.
    duncanparsons
    Participant

Good call Frits!

Will dl and check shortly πŸ™‚

DSP

acousmod
    Participant

After clicking on either sequence or audio events and dragging, the control key can be held to create a unique copy which will be cropped to the event time range.

Phew !

After clicking on events and dragging, the shift key can be held to lock either the time or vertical position of the events depending on the direction of the mouse drag. This can be combined with the control or alt key when dragging copies of events. The shift-lock also works when dragging track headers.

Phew Phew !
    Thank you VERY much !
    My next work with Podium is going to be far easier to do than the previous one…

Holding the alt key while clicking on a resizable event will start a resize drag action.

Direct resizing WITHOUT any key when the mouse is on the edge in the next build ? πŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Direct resizing WITHOUT any key when the mouse is on the edge in the next build ?

Why don’t you use the pencil tool for this?

Max
    Participant

First of all I want to say thanks to Frits for this great release.
    1.45 is a real breakout to me. Ability to create tracks and events with doubleclick is great. This thing only makes my work ~20% faster. In this case I want to say that we all time after time request some big features in Podium, like offline bounce or rewire support. Of course, this things is important (now, when propellerheads rebirth is free, rewire becomes interesting even for me πŸ˜‰ ), but even a little improvements is important. So, thanks again, Frits, you make Podium better and better.

I have two questions regarding 1.45 release. When I press shift to enable a marquee selection, cursor is not changing. Why? I think, it would better if the current cursor icon becomes select tool-like when shift is pressed.

The second is the marquee selection behavoir. As I can see, I can only select events when shift is pressed. But sometimes I make a mistake and select more events then I need. Is there a way to fast disselect some of them, without switching to ‘select’ tool?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

When I press shift to enable a marquee selection, cursor is not changing. Why? I think, it would better if the current cursor icon becomes select tool-like when shift is pressed.

I could introduce a new cursor type that indicates a marquee selection is started. I would only show it once the mouse is clicked though. Otherwise the cursor would change everytime you press shift for any of the other key shortcuts.

Is there a way to fast disselect some of them, without switching to ‘select’ tool?

Ctrl+click should toggle select, both with the select and pencil tools.

Max
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I could introduce a new cursor type that indicates a marquee selection is started. I would only show it once the mouse is clicked though. Otherwise the cursor would change everytime you press shift for any of the other key shortcuts.

That would be nice.

@Zynewave wrote:

Ctrl+click should toggle select, both with the select and pencil tools.

As I can see, I need to disselect events by clicking them one by one with ctrl key pressed? If so, sad. It’s not very useful when editing a sequence with a lot of the notes. πŸ™„

acousmod
    Participant

Why don’t you use the pencil tool for this?

Because I don’t like to have to change tools πŸ˜‰

Audio montage involves to split / resize / select multiple clips and move them all the time. Actually I have to select the cutter to split, the arrow to select and move, the Alt key or the pencil to resize (I could use the pencil tool and ctrl-click to select several events, but it create an empty event when I click to de-select the previous ones…).
    Having to select one special tool or adding a modifier key is not only time consuming but above all disturbs the work process by unnecessary actions.

So, I will be very pleased if, some day, I can find in Podium the same simple way to do simple tasks, like in all the softwares I know and have used before.

Is there any programmation problem that prevents the detection of the mouse cursor on the edge of a clip to make it automaticaly act like the resize tool ?

Of course, it is a matter of taste. Personnaly I prefer additionnal keys to separate tools, and no key at all to additionnal keys ! But I understand well that there could be other choices…

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I could use the pencil tool and ctrl-click to select several events, but it create an empty event when I click to de-select the previous ones..

You could use the pencil tool to click once on the first event you want to move, which will deselect previous events. Then you can use shift with the pencil tool to select multiple events.

Is there any programmation problem that prevents the detection of the mouse cursor on the edge of a clip to make it automaticaly act like the resize tool ?

The only reason why I don’t do the automatic resize cursor with the select tool, is because this would make it impossible to select and move events that are smaller than the width of the resize border. To solve this I could restrict the resize area to the bottom part of the sequence event box, highligthed by a frame. However this would not be possible with note events.

acousmod
    Participant

The only reason why I don’t do the automatic resize cursor with the select tool, is because this would make it impossible to select and move events that are smaller than the width of the resize border.

For example Cubase, Tracktion, Live or EnergyXT (and others) do this, and it is not a problem.
    They seem to use a fixed pixels size, and since when editing or moving very short events (notes too), we generaly have to zoom to make it good, the events are not more small…
    With the horizontal zoom with the mouse wheel like in Tracktion or vertical drag in Cubase / Live, it is extremely easy and fast to do so.

But I don’t contest your reasons, just say that the other way is used in other softwares, and is very efficient to my taste πŸ˜‰
    Must know what Podium’s users would prefer ?

To solve this I could restrict the resize area to the bottom part of the sequence event box, highligthed by a frame.

Yes, it will be ready for the future fade in/out feature, in the upper corners !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘1.45’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave