Topic: 1.46

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • New ‘render bounce track’ track context menu. Key shortcut is Ctrl+B. Ctrl+clicking the B track button will also start rendering. The current track and any other record armed bounce tracks will be rendered. The punch in/out range defines the rendered time range. A render dialog with an abort button is shown during the rendering. After the render, the bounced tracks will be activated. This activation can be reverted with the undo command.
    • Pressing the B or Ctrl+B key shortcuts with focus on a subtrack will apply to the closest parent bounce track.
    • Fix: Tracks that are record armed with the ‘R’ button will not record if the track is muted.

The bounce track rendering introduced in this release has been tested extensively, but obviously not all available plugins could be tested. So backup your projects and use moderate amplification in your studio until you are confident that your plugins behave as expected without noise bursts or crashes. Please report if you find any problems.

super_crunchy
    Participant

brilliant! just downloading it now to try it out. thanks Frits. this is certainly going to be one of the most applauded features you’ve added recently i think

super_crunchy
    Participant

have tried it, and its a nice, simple and efficient implementation… thanks Frits!

Something you may want to consider changing eventually, and this goes for realtime bounce as well… once a bounce track has finished recording (ie stop is pressed after recording) make the bounce track automatically turn off “Enable audio bouncing” and make the tracks beneath in the group “Unload plugins” by default. Seems to be a few extra steps every time you bounce when realistically after you bounce, you’d only want to play the bounced audio. Well, this is the case for me, to save CPU cycles

Conquistador
    Participant

@super_crunchy wrote:

once a bounce track has finished recording (ie stop is pressed after recording) make the bounce track automatically turn off “Enable audio bouncing” and make the tracks beneath in the group “Unload plugins” by default. Seems to be a few extra steps every time you bounce when realistically after you bounce, you’d only want to play the bounced audio. Well, this is the case for me, to save CPU cycles

Agreed. That is a very good idea that will make a very useful new feature even easier to use.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@super_crunchy wrote:

Something you may want to consider changing eventually, and this goes for realtime bounce as well… once a bounce track has finished recording (ie stop is pressed after recording) make the bounce track automatically turn off “Enable audio bouncing”

I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean that once you have bounce-recorded a track, either realtime or rendered, that you want the track to be converted to a regular audio track without the bounce button in the track header?

Seems to be a few extra steps every time you bounce when realistically after you bounce, you’d only want to play the bounced audio. Well, this is the case for me, to save CPU cycles

When I have bounced an instrument track, I often switch off the bounce mode when composing, to make changes to the MIDI data or to rearrange sequences on the timeline, and then redo the recording. The track bounce feature was designed for quick switching between playing bounced audio and the live plugins.

Podianer
    Participant

Thanks for that really important feature Frits!! But I have a problem here. When bouncing a track with Halion Player, everything works fine, but when “unload plugin” is activated, Podium crashes without a warning. But I can tell you that this is certainly related to Halion Player! This buggy plugin crashed several times in Cubase SX 3. I will check all my VSTi to verify that!

By the way, you wrote that the punch in/out markers tell Podium what to render.. I still have to draw an event in the bounce track. Is this on purpose? I think for people, who are new to Podium, a warning like “you haven’t created an event yet” would be helpful! Otherwise they don’t know why Podium doesn’ render anything.

Thanks,
    Max

Zynewave
    Keymaster

By the way, you wrote that the punch in/out markers tell Podium what to render.. I still have to draw an event in the bounce track. Is this on purpose?

Yes. It allows you to restrict the track time range that you want to bounce. Note that the punch in/out markers are only used if the punch in/out buttons are selected. Good idea about the missing event warning. I’ll add that for the next release.

Podianer
    Participant

Thanks Frits!

Max

jens
    Participant

Looking very good! – Thanks! πŸ˜€ 8)

super_crunchy
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@super_crunchy wrote:

Something you may want to consider changing eventually, and this goes for realtime bounce as well… once a bounce track has finished recording (ie stop is pressed after recording) make the bounce track automatically turn off “Enable audio bouncing”

I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean that once you have bounce-recorded a track, either realtime or rendered, that you want the track to be converted to a regular audio track without the bounce button in the track header?

yes Frits, that would be good – because at the moment the bounced audio does not play back until “Enable audio bouncing” is turned off

super_crunchy
    Participant

maybe there should be an tick box in the setup section somewhere, or maybe on a track by track basis – “Allow track to play back after bouncing”

? or something like that

thanks

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@super_crunchy wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

@super_crunchy wrote:

yes Frits, that would be good – because at the moment the bounced audio does not play back until “Enable audio bouncing” is turned off

Say what!? That’s the whole point of the bounce track. Once the B button is activated (and R button is deselected), the bounced audio track should play. This is indicated by muted subtracks and the audio event on the bounce track is drawn in unmuted color.

Another nice thing about the new bounce rendering, is that you don’t have to record arm the bounce tracks if you just want to render one bounce track at the time. The B button then behaves more like the freeze feature of other hosts.

Frits

duncanparsons
    Participant

Haven’t tried it yet, just d/ling now…

I’m inclined from what I’ve read to agree with Frits original intention wrt to the ‘B’ button; I’m not sure what s_cr is promoting is entirely right..

Also, unloading plugins is something I don’t do until I know a part is completely finished, otherwise I’m loading/unloading all the time. Being able to switch between rendered audio and the MIDI is very useful for A/Bing whether I prefer latest changes or the original workings… Just my thoughts πŸ™‚

This is an excellent feature, and one I shall be employing alot!

DSP

super_crunchy
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Say what!? That’s the whole point of the bounce track. Once the B button is activated (and R button is deselected), the bounced audio track should play. This is indicated by muted subtracks and the audio event on the bounce track is drawn in unmuted color.

Another nice thing about the new bounce rendering, is that you don’t have to record arm the bounce tracks if you just want to render one bounce track at the time. The B button then behaves more like the freeze feature of other hosts.

Frits

guess what? i’ve been using this feature incorrectly the whole time. a long time ago when i first used the bounce feature, i used to disarm both R and B buttons and still do that to do this day. simply didn’t realise you had to leave B enabled after bouncing, for playback. i deserve one of these > πŸ™„ πŸ˜‰

disregard everything i’ve said above… it’s irrelevant now i know how to use Podium properly πŸ˜†

Conquistador
    Participant

Frits

That does make it clearer for me as well! I see the website home page has had a nip and tuck. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘1.46’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave