Topic: 1.49

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • New design of the track headers. The previous standard tree view used lines to connect the hierarchy layers. These are now replaced with vertical bars. Clicking these bars will select the related track. The width of the bars can be configured with the ‘vertical group bar width’ setting in the tracks region properties dialog.
    • New ‘hide track lane’ option in the track context menu. You can also use the shortcut key Ctrl+H or Ctrl+click the track header minimize button. Like in previous releases pressing H will toggle minimizing of a track lane. The option is only available if the track contains at least one sub track. This can be used to hide the lanes of tracks only used to hold effect plugins. A hidden track appears in the header area as a vertical bar with no horizontal track header. Click the bar or use the left and right arrow keys to select and edit a hidden track with the track inspector. Deselect ‘hide track lane’ in the track context menu or press Ctrl+H to show the track lane again.
    • New ‘hide tracks in group’ option in the track context menu. You can also use the shortcut key Ctrl+G or Ctrl+click the track header collapse button. Clicking the collapse button or using the G, + and – key shortcuts behaves like in previous releases where a collapsed group of tracks are shown as miniature track lanes.
    • New ‘unfold all groups’ command in the track context menu. This menu is only available if there are nested collapsed groups under the selected track.
    • A mapping can be inserted on a new track by dragging it onto a vertical bar or onto the first part of a track header. The new track lane will by default be hidden.
    • Small graphic change to panel headers in the track inspector.
    • The ‘compact chained audio tracks’ mixer view menu is now default off.
    • The current track selection is saved in the project file.

This release implements an updated version of the .pod file format, so please make a backup of your projects.

Podianer
    Participant

Works great here! The hierarchy looks much more obvious now! Thanks for that great update! πŸ˜€

Max

duncanparsons
    Participant

…how exciting..

dling now
    πŸ™‚

DSP

Max
    Participant

Thanks Frits.

Now the screenshots on index page need to be updated… again. πŸ™„

Max
    Participant

Well, maybe I’m doing something wrong, but it looks like a bug – I can’t change the hierarchy level of the last channel in tracks inspector area (I mean visual representation, from up to down) by dragging it with mouse. ctrl – + works OK. Tested it in different projects.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Max wrote:

Well, maybe I’m doing something wrong, but it looks like a bug – I can’t change the hierarchy level of the last channel in tracks inspector area (I mean visual representation, from up to down) by dragging it with mouse. ctrl – + works OK. Tested it in different projects.

Confirmed. I’ll fix this for the next release.

CPB
    Participant

I concur, another great update, really clarifys the heirachy. However, you seem to have introduced a minor bug with panning though: If you pan any track with audio mixing fully left so the readout displays ‘L1.00’, then try and pan back to centre, Podium crashes. This occurs on both existing and newly created projects, and is easily repeated.

Fairly sure this was introduced with the new version cos I’m darned sure I’d have noticed it if this bug was present earlier! If it’ll help, I can investigate if earlier versions displayed the same issue.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

However, you seem to have introduced a minor bug with panning though: If you pan any track with audio mixing fully left so the readout displays ‘L1.00’, then try and pan back to centre, Podium crashes. This occurs on both existing and newly created projects, and is easily repeated.

Confirmed. It took a few tries before I could reproduce the crash. The bug is not related to panning, but is related to the new code for the track headers. It happens because you move the mouse above the top of the tracks region when you drag the dial. If you use the panner in the mixer there should be no problems. I’ll put up a bug-fix version tomorrow.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘1.49’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave