Topic: 1.50

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Fix: Release 1.49 had a crash bug that occurred when moving the mouse above the tracks region while dragging the dials on the tracks or in the inspector.
    • Fix: Dragging the group level of the last track was not working.
    • Fix: Improved mouse cursor update. Dragging dials and other drag actions will no longer change the cursor if moved over resizable bars etc.
    duncanparsons
    Participant

cool!

I was having play last night. I was wondering.. when tracks are collapsed, is there a chance that there could be horizontal lines for identifying how many subtracks are there? In the mixer, there are vertical line deliniating the subtracks when collapsed – could something similar be there for the arrange window?

If it ends up looking too messy, then it’s not a problem..

DSP

Zynewave
    Keymaster

when tracks are collapsed, is there a chance that there could be horizontal lines for identifying how many subtracks are there?

The previous track layout actually had a shadow line between the collapsed tracks. It did not match the new track layout, and I kind of like that a collapsed group appears as a full block.

Max
    Participant

Thanks for quick bugfixing, Frits.

The previous track layout actually had a shadow line between the collapsed tracks. It did not match the new track layout, and I kind of like that a collapsed group appears as a full block.

I prefer to see how many subtracks are there too. And personally I see collapsed group as full block even with the shadow lines between subtracks.

acousmod
    Participant

Hi,

Nice update.

Some suggestions :
    – Ctrl + Click on the left vertical bar of a track to hide / show the lane (like Ctrl + H)

– a “Hide upper tracks lane” option, because I often have an audio track and some plugins with their automation tracks above, so it will be nice to be able to hide / show all of them but keeping the lower track visible (the higher level audio track)

– the wiew of the E and X buttons of a track together with the S M R buttons, when we click on the vertical bar of a hidden track. Actually, to show a plugin window or to mute the track I have not found another way than unhide the track lane (and eventually hide it after).

– an automation track that is not “Enable audio mixing” can not be hiden ?

Max
    Participant

@acousmod wrote:

– the wiew of the E and X buttons of a track together with the S M R buttons, when we click on the vertical bar of a hidden track. Actually, to show a plugin window or to mute the track I have not found another way than unhide the track lane (and eventually hide it after).

Agreed. Would be nice.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

a “Hide upper tracks lane” option, because I often have an audio track and some plugins with their automation tracks above, so it will be nice to be able to hide / show all of them but keeping the lower track visible (the higher level audio track)

So you want this menu to turn on ‘hide track lane’ for all parent tracks, instead of having to hide the lanes manually for each parent track?

the wiew of the E and X buttons of a track together with the S M R buttons, when we click on the vertical bar of a hidden track. Actually, to show a plugin window or to mute the track I have not found another way than unhide the track lane (and eventually hide it after).

I have planned an update to the track inspector where the BSMR (which currently are shown in the info panel) and the E and two X buttons are shown as buttons on the page headers. They are thus always accessible for the current track.

an automation track that is not “Enable audio mixing” can not be hiden ?

I’m not sure I understand. Track lanes can only be hidden if they have child tracks.

acousmod
    Participant

So you want this menu to turn on ‘hide track lane’ for all parent tracks, instead of having to hide the lanes manually for each parent track?

Yes πŸ™‚ since I generally prefer to view my audio tracks and hide the effect one.

I have planned an update to the track inspector where the BSMR (which currently are shown in the info panel) and the E and two X buttons are shown as buttons on the page headers. They are thus always accessible for the current track.

It will be perfect for me.

Track lanes can only be hidden if they have child tracks.

You are right, it is no linked to the status of the track.
    I will try to explain.
    If I have a level 2 track (a plugin) which has a level 3 child track (audio track), and the plugin track has a volume automation child track (level 3), when I hide the effect track lane its automation track remains visible.
    To be able to hide it I must put the audio track in level 4, which is not in my mind logical since it looks as if the audio track is a child track of the automation track.

I is certainly a not so interesting question and I don’t see how it could be done otherwise.
    I’ve asked it because it is the first thing that I have tried to do, but may be a reflex due to old habits ???

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Yes πŸ™‚ since I generally prefer to view my audio tracks and hide the effect one.

There will be some problems with this, like how far up should the hiding occur. I would generally not want to hide the master track or even group tracks that combines instruments into sections etc. I would think it is faster to control-click the track header minimize button on a few tracks than to select another menu for hiding all parent tracks. Furthermore the new method for dragging effect plugins onto the group bars will automatically set the lane as hidden.

If I have a level 2 track (a plugin) which has a level 3 child track (audio track), and the plugin track has a volume automation child track (level 3), when I hide the effect track lane its automation track remains visible.
    To be able to hide it I must put the audio track in level 4, which is not in my mind logical since it looks as if the audio track is a child track of the automation track.

The hidden lane option was primarily meant for hiding tracks without events on them. If you hide an automation track, then you would not see the curve sequences on the track, which could cause confusion when you rearrange events in the timeline. If you want the audio track to be visible, then the automation tracks for the parent effect plugin track have to be visible too. You can minimize the automation track to make it as small as possible.

Max
    Participant

Current Podium behavoir is clicking and dragging everywhere in track inspector changes hierarchy level of the track. No problem to interrupt operation or undo, but unwanted change of hierarchy level occurs casually too often for me. Maybe should be better to use only strip at the left side of track inspector for dragging? That’s VERY annoying πŸ™

acousmod
    Participant

If you want the audio track to be visible, then the automation tracks for the parent effect plugin track have to be visible too. You can minimize the automation track to make it as small as possible.

Oh, no problem… it was just some questions that I was asking during trying the new hidding concept.
    Personnaly I suppose that I will not use it, since I always prefer to see the hierarchy and the tracks…
    The minimize function has been perfect for me since today πŸ™‚

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Max wrote:

Current Podium behavoir is clicking and dragging everywhere in track inspector changes hierarchy level of the track. No problem to interrupt operation or undo, but unwanted change of hierarchy level occurs casually too often for me. Maybe should be better to use only strip at the left side of track inspector for dragging? That’s VERY annoying πŸ™

This also happens to me too often. I’ll see if I can improve this for the next release.

Max
    Participant

Great, thanks! πŸ˜€

Joachim
    Participant

I do a “File->Save Project” in the browser window,
    yet still Podium asks me to save changes when I shut it down. ❓

/Joachim

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Joachim wrote:

I do a “File->Save Project” in the browser window,
    yet still Podium asks me to save changes when I shut it down. ❓

/Joachim

After saving and before quitting, did you enter the arrangement editor? The 1.49 release introduced saving of the track focus, so if you move the track focus in the arrangement editor, the project is marked as edited.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘1.50’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave