Topic: 1.52

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added support for the recently announced VST 2.4 protocol.
    • VST 2.4 plugins that support 64-bit processing will be used in this mode when running the Podium engine in 64-bit.
    • Multitimbral plugins that support the VST 2.4 MIDI channel extensions will be imported with correct MIDI channel mappings during a normal scan & import. The ‘import multitimbral plugin’ command in the project wizard will thus only be needed for plugins made with older VST protocol versions. Most major plugins are still not updated to support VST 2.4.
    • The track inspector info panel shows an embedded generic plugin editor if the assigned plugin mapping is configured to use the generic editor. Click and drag the space below the embedded editor to resize it.
    • The scrollbar in the generic plugin editor is hidden when all parameters are visible.
    • Pressing the X key will toggle bypass mode of either an assigned track input mapping or else the track device mapping.
    • Changed design of page headers in the track inspector. Bypass, editor, bounce, solo, mute and record buttons are shown in the page headers. The buttons for opening page menus are removed. The menus are now opened by right-clicking in the page headers.
    • Added popup help for the page headers in the track inspector.
    • Updated the ‘track inspector’ page in the Podium guide.
    • Dragging a track can now only be done when clicking on the track header title or on the left group bar side. This avoids accidental dragging when clicking on the center of the track header to select it.
    Max
    Participant

Wow – what a great update. Embedded generic plugin editor is wonderful – great for live playing. And changes in track dragging is also a big help, thanks. Everything is working nice exept one thing – ‘gain’ control in track inspector is not updated when tweaking.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Everything is working nice exept one thing – ‘gain’ control in track inspector is not updated when tweaking.

Ooh, you’re right. I’m amazed I haven’t spotted this during my testing. It is just the graphics update that is lacking. I’ll release a bug-fix version in a few days time.

Max
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I’m amazed I haven’t spotted this during my testing.

It’s a difficult problem for one man to build so powerful application alone. Just keep in mind that other one-man companies usually have much more problems with their software. πŸ˜‰
    @Zynewave wrote:

I’ll release a bug-fix version in a few days time.

Cool! πŸ˜€

Max
    Participant

And what if track inspector info panel will show generic plugin editor even if plugin is not configured to use the generic editor? So we can use both generic GUI in a track inspector (for quick editing plugin parameters) and plugin’s default GUI for loading samples (if plugin is a sampler) or doing other things that can’t be done using generic editor.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

And what if track inspector info panel will show generic plugin editor even if plugin is not configured to use the generic editor?

I thought about it, and I may implement this in a future update. For now I’d like to know how users feel about the embedded generic editor.

duncanparsons
    Participant

Wow! I guess you must the first commercial Host to ship with VST2.4 compatibility πŸ™‚

I’ll dl in the morning πŸ™‚

Now we just need some 2.4 plugs!

DSP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘1.52’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave