Topic: 1.56

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added ‘Export MIDI File…’ to file menu in sequence editors. Exporting in the arrangement editor will create a type 1 MIDI file with all tracks containing MIDI data. Exporting in the piano-roll, drum map or curve editors will create a type 0 MIDI file with only the MIDI events in the sequence.
    • Added file menu button to arrangement and sequence editor toolbars in the default setup. Either use the ‘Load Default Setup’ command or add the file menu button to the toolbars in your existing setup.
    • Fix: Removed the LFX-1310 fix introduced in Podium 1.55. It caused problems with other plugins. Luxonix plans to release an update that fixes the problem.

The Podium demo has been updated to this version and can be accessed on the download page. You may have to refresh the page in your browser to see the latest download link.

darcyb62
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

• Added ‘Export MIDI File…’ to file menu in sequence editors. Exporting in the arrangement editor will create a type 1 MIDI file with all tracks containing MIDI data. Exporting in the piano-roll, drum map or curve editors will create a type 0 MIDI file with only the MIDI events in the sequence.

Awesome!

duncanparsons
    Participant

MIDI Export!

Cool!

thx Frits..

DSP

Conquistador
    Participant

Midi out? Woo hoo! šŸ™‚

francois
    Participant

Hi Frits , Great your midi export and very useful for me šŸ˜€ .Do you have already a planning for midi remote control , because i am planning to build a magic box to pilot podium in the recording functions…

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Do you have already a planning for midi remote control , because i am planning to build a magic box to pilot podium in the recording functions…

It’s on the plan, but I have no time estimate. There are at least 2-3 major features that are higher on the list.

francois
    Participant

[

Quote:
    There are at least 2-3 major features that are higher on the list

Quote:
    can i know them , or its a surprise šŸ˜³
    darcyb62
    Participant

@francois wrote:

[

It would be nice if we had a bit better understanding as to what the priorities/timeframes are. For example, I am looking to buy a controller, but if I can’t really control Podium yet, I can wait until its ready to go.

francois
    Participant

I am just asking to satisfy my curiosity… šŸ™‚

Conquistador
    Participant

@darcyb62 wrote:

It would be nice if we had a bit better understanding as to what the priorities/timeframes are. For example, I am looking to buy a controller, but if I can’t really control Podium yet, I can wait until its ready to go.

I have to say it would be great to know exactly what the time frames are for certain features as it would be very useful to know…but I think from Frits point of view, giving a timeframe and not sticking to that timeframe may rightly lead to needless problems.

I think it is far more reasonable to allow him to develop Podium without providing any information on when something will be implemented.

I doubt he could give such an accurate estimate anyway as I can imagine last minute problems can appear. I just think it’s unrealistic to expect timeframes from Frits. Really. šŸ˜‰

He has at times said such and such will be addressed in the next update but I would not press for such information as he realistically cannot provide it all the time IMHO. 8)

I have my own list of wants, needs and desires for Podium but appreciate that he can’t address them all within a fixed timeframe. I think if a feature anyone wants is on the future list then at some point he will get there.

I would really love to know when my remaining requests will be implemented but I know I cannot expect a fixed timescale from Frits.
    šŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@francois wrote:

Coming up in next release is automatic plugin preset storage. The other major features are those that have been talked about for a long time on the forum. This is things like fade-in/out of audio events, optimized disk streaming, completion of the Podium guide and creating new example projects with a couple more z plugins.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I have to say it would be great to know exactly what the time frames are for certain features as it would be very useful to know…but I think from Frits point of view, giving a timeframe and not sticking to that timeframe may rightly lead to needless problems.

I know that a precise road-map would be ideal, but this is difficult to achieve. Requests for a certain feature may suddenly surge, and problems may arise that needs to be fixed. There have been many examples in the past where discussions on this forum has led to several weeks of work on usability features that was not previously on the road-map.

I also read a lot of posts on e.g. kvraudio.com where people complain that promised features for various products did not arrive within the time originally announced. I don’t want to put myself in that position. I try to remove as many stress-factors as possible from my daily work, and that includes not having to wrap up features for a certain date. The promise of quality and stability in the development requires that I can put on the extra time if I discover that a certain feature is more complex than anticipated.

darcyb62
    Participant

I don’t have a problem with that. For me, it’s nice to know as opposed to need to know.

xis23
    Participant

“Coming up in next release is automatic plugin preset storage” – hooray, although I was just getting used to naming them manually, and just made my template projects doh (i.e projects full of chains i always use)…. “This is things like fade-in/out of audio event” double yay. With these two sorted I got everything I need šŸ˜€ ! The only other thing I could ever wish for is: user definable scale for automation tracks. ie. rather than it going from 0 to 100 all the time, or -100 to 100 you could set it up to go from -12 to 12 for instance when you are automating pitch, or whatever other range you have set in the vst instrument, or say 0-22khz for cutoff frequencies etc (although thats a whole new kettle of fish because often it’s not a fixed interval scale) I don’t think any host does this.

francois
    Participant

As i said its just to satisfy my curiosity , and by the way i like these features you are working on.I dont want to disturb you nice work in any ways
    Cheers
    francois

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘1.56’ is closed to new replies.
Ā© 2021 Zynewave