Topic: 1.57

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • This release introduces a new plugin preset system which allows plugin banks to be automatically stored on the tracks. The Podium project file format is updated, so please make backups of your old projects. Your old projects should still work as previously. The new preset system will be available when you import plugins in new projects.
    • Added a new library preset object type which will link to a plugin preset bank stored with the track. This allows automatic storage of plugin banks without having to create a library preset for each track. This new “Local Bank” preset is automatically created when importing plugins.
    • Importing plugins will no longer create a “Programs” folder. Instead the plugin program presets are added under the “Local Bank” preset. The program presets are named “Program 1” etc. since the names depend on the bank that is loaded on the track. When the plugin is loaded, the track inspector preset list will show the actual program names.
    • Importing a bank library preset will also create program presets under the new library preset. These program presets are initially named “Program 1” etc. since the program names cannot automatically be extracted from the bank file. The program presets are properly renamed once the library preset has been assigned to a track and loaded by the plugin.
    • Changed the plugin preset recall mechanism so that a program preset assigned on a track will also recall the parent bank library preset. Previously library presets and program presets could not be used together.
    • The preset panel “Sync” button and corresponding “sync library preset with plugin” menu has been removed. Assigned library presets are now always synced with the plugin settings when saving projects and unloading plugins etc. Library presets can be manually synced with the new “store current settings to library preset” menu. The “New” button has also been removed. New library presets can still be created with the context menu.
    • Two “Name…” and “Load…” buttons appear in the preset panel when a local bank or a library preset is assigned. The name button opens a dialog where the current plugin program name can be edited. The load button opens a file dialog where an fxb or fxp file can be loaded into the plugin. To import fxb or fxp files as library presets the old “import library preset from file” menu is still available.
    • Assigning an insert plugin mapping to a new track will automatically assign the “Local Bank” preset to the track.
    • Added detailed undo/redo popup descriptions for track edits. Previously “Modify track” was shown for most track edits.
    • Fix: Fixed an issue with VST plugin loading which caused problems with Krakli Software Cygnus VSTi.
    • Fix: The track inspector event listbox was not always positioned correctly.
    • Fix: The note velocity editor no longer uses quantize snap when clicking on the velocity bars.
    darcyb62
    Participant

If we had previously done a full import of plugins in a project do we have to redo this for that project to use this new structure?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@darcyb62 wrote:

If we had previously done a full import of plugins in a project do we have to redo this for that project to use this new structure?

Using ‘scan and import’ will not upgrade your existing projects. I recommend you try out the new preset system in new projects only. Otherwise you would need to do a lot of copy/pasting to move your old program and library presets to the new folder structure.

acousmod
    Participant

Frits, you can’t know how this change in the Presets is a relief for me !

I begun to be rather desperated with the number of workarounds I had to do with the previous system, and now it is just as easy than in other softwares 😛

I have now to convert my previous projects, but it is worth it !

Thank you VERY VERY much !

xis23
    Participant

Ahhh this is brilliant! I just reinstalled windows to clean my system, so I was waiting for the presets update before I reinstalled podium anway. Didn’t expect it to come this quickly though! Good work man 🙂 .

Technophobia
    Participant

Thanks Frits. A welcome addition for VSTi’s

I still have a preset problem however but, I hasten to add it’s not a problem created by Podium.

I have a certain CakeWalk VSTi called Rapture which has decided to break away from the common old fxp:fxb format (they have used “prog” instead). Trust CakeWalk to bugger it up!! 😡
    Anyway, I have, at the moment labeled the track sequence as the preset name but it does kind of wreck the usual labels of intro/break/outro etc. Is there any way I can put a label beside the preset panel header to describe the preset location etc (without it linking to the preset) as a reminder for me or indeed if a stickie can be attached to the preset panel itself.

Keep up the good work (must be difficult to devote the time to Podium in Denmark because the Beer is sooooo good, especially when combined with music, like at the Roskilde Festival 8) )

Technophobia

Conquistador
    Participant

Nice work Frits! 8)

xis23
    Participant

@Technophobia wrote:

Thanks Frits. A welcome addition for VSTi’s

I still have a preset problem however but, I hasten to add it’s not a problem created by Podium.

I have a certain CakeWalk VSTi called Rapture which has decided to break away from the common old fxp:fxb format (they have used “prog” instead). Trust CakeWalk to bugger it up!! 😡
    Anyway, I have, at the moment labeled the track sequence as the preset name but it does kind of wreck the usual labels of intro/break/outro etc. Is there any way I can put a label beside the preset panel header to describe the preset location etc (without it linking to the preset) as a reminder for me or indeed if a stickie can be attached to the preset panel itself.

Keep up the good work (must be difficult to devote the time to Podium in Denmark because the Beer is sooooo good, especially when combined with music, like at the Roskilde Festival 8) )

Technophobia

right click on the area for rapture… ie the sequencer area it is assigned to.. the one with “S, M, R”, from the menu do plugin preset and then select new bank library preset and this seems to fix it… then you can just name “new bank” to whatever you like… it is kind of doing things the old way but it works.

Technophobia
    Participant

Hi xis23

I am not having any success with your suggestion. All that seems to happen, is a partial link to the CakeWalk Folder where the presets are stored is made i.e. C:Program FilesCakewa and thats it.
    I’ve tried to move the presets folder to various places but Rapture seems to lose the plot and not be able to locate them at all then.

It isn’t a huge problem to be honest. Thanks for the suggestion and if I’m still being dumb about you’re solution then feel free to call me a Horses Ass and point me in the right direction.:roll:

Thanks

Technophobia 8)

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I downloaded and tried the Rapture demo. It does indeed seem to handle VST program naming in a strange way. Fair enough that it only exposes one VST program in the bank, but to me it seems like a bug that whenever you choose a ‘prog’ preset in Rapture, the VST program is overwritten with “C:Program FilesCakewa”. Once I had selected a ‘prog’ in the Rapture browser, I did manage to use the Podium ‘name…’ button to give the VST program a sensible name. This would stick until you selected another ‘prog’ in Rapture. Using ‘name…’ however caused the Rapture UI to show ’empty’ in the preset name field. Weird behaviour.

suges
    Participant

Great update.

Technophobia
    Participant

Thanks for looking Frits, xis23

There is an bug fix update for Rapture due in the next month or 2 but I’m not really sure what supposed to fixed.

Ah well, at least it means that I’m am not going daft and it’s the VST that is strange, not me 😆

Technophobia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘1.57’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave