Topic: 1.58

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Fix: The new plugin preset system introduced in release 1.57 had a bug that caused clicks in the plugin output.
    darcyb62
    Participant

Gave it a quick test and the pops are now gone.

hitman8081
    Participant

thanx šŸ™‚

hitman8081
    Participant

frits the question has come up several times about developers not realy using there own software and being lazy about ergonomics and such. do you yourself use podium as your main daw?

Technophobia
    Participant

I would say that as he is programming Podium he is using it.
    As for using it for making music, I wonder if he has the time to because of all the feature requests he’s getting… šŸ™„

I can understand your frustration Hitman at not being able to find a Host that fits your bill (I’ve been reading up on your posts over at KVR) but, the question arises, are we ever going to get a host that fits your requirements/ my requirements or anybody’s requirements. You have to go with what works for you and accept limitations concerning features because any program has to appeal to a broad audience.

I think Podium is a breath of fresh air in the Host/sequencer world. I’ve moved over from Sonar 4 Producer because I couldn’t do the simplest of things without getting out the bloody manual šŸ˜” A lot more makes sense to me with Podium than ever did with Sonar or Cubase.

Technophobia 8)

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@hitman8081 wrote:

frits the question has come up several times about developers not realy using there own software and being lazy about ergonomics and such. do you yourself use podium as your main daw?

Is that a trick question? šŸ˜†

Yes, I do use Podium as my main and only DAW. If I were happy using any of the other sequencer packages on the market, I would have given up developing Podium a long time ago, and spent the time making music instead.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Technophobia wrote:

I think Podium is a breath of fresh air in the Host/sequencer world.

Agreed. With bug fixes as fast as this, it’s difficult to disagree. I probably have too many hosts at the moment but only because of stability and bugs mainly. Podium is quite unique as any bugs found, vanish in the next update pretty much without fail. Remarkable.

I use other hosts like Tracktion and ACID for collaboration with musicians that have these hosts (it’s just much easier) but I still use Podium for other projects. Podium I would say is the most stable of the lot.

francois
    Participant

“I think Podium is a breath of fresh air in the Host/sequencer world. I’ve moved over from Sonar 4 Producer because I couldn’t do the simplest of things without getting out the bloody manual A lot more makes sense to me with Podium than ever did with Sonar or Cubase. “
    TOTALLY AGREED , i made some test comparing Sonar4 and Podium , i was 4 or 5 time faster with podium…I have been using Sonar for 2 years so i was not a beginner in it šŸ˜‰

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘1.58’ is closed to new replies.
Ā© 2021 Zynewave