Topic: 1.85

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added default track options to the “new arrangement properties” dialog. You can specify the number of “audio tracks”, “bus sends per audio track”, “effects per audio track” and “effects in master chain”.
    • Fix: The mixer changes introduced in 1.84 caused a crash when deleting all tracks in an arrangement.
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

About the new default track options:

They are intended as a quick way to set up a conventional mixer layout, where you have a set of bus sends and effect slots for each audio track. On the audio tracks you then assign VST instruments or place sound events.

The bus send tracks are by default minimized, so you’ll have to show the bus send track strip in the mixer (press H) to show the send dial. The next thing I’m going to work on is extending the headers of the mixer strip so that they show bus send dials and selection of the assigned plugin mapping.

Thinking further ahead, I plan to extend the zPEQ editor so that it will show a miniature EQ graph on the mixer header. A feature also seen in other hosts that have a built-in EQ on each track.

sam c
    Participant

Do you mean 1.85?

Thanks

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@sam c wrote:

Do you mean 1.85?

Fixed typo. Thanks.

sam c
    Participant

nice update, thanks!

duncanparsons
    Participant

very nice frits 😉

DSP

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

About the new default track options:

They are intended as a quick way to set up a conventional mixer layout, where you have a set of bus sends and effect slots for each audio track. On the audio tracks you then assign VST instruments or place sound events.

After spending some time with 1.85 I must say it is even easier to set up things in Podium now, although it was not even close to being complicated before especially with the current, easy to use project start page.

I like the way the creation of a new arrangement is now always met with these new options I really like them. Great idea! 🙂

The bus send tracks are by default minimized, so you’ll have to show the bus send track strip in the mixer (press H) to show the send dial.

Probably a good idea to keep the look of the mixer, minimal.

The next thing I’m going to work on is extending the headers of the mixer strip so that they show bus send dials and selection of the assigned plugin mapping.

Nice. I think you also mentioned some sort of peak indicator…have you now put aside that idea?

Thinking further ahead, I plan to extend the zPEQ editor so that it will show a miniature EQ graph on the mixer header. A feature also seen in other hosts that have a built-in EQ on each track

Good idea as it will provide a bit more focus on the capability of the ZPEQ while of course also providing a pre mapped per track EQ for us to use as well.

Maybe thinking even further ahead, the ZMaster (I think it is some sort of channel strip???)…it would be great as a an option to pre map into the master chain. I would probably have it off by default but it would be nice to have the option to start a project with it there already. Maybe on one of the master chain tracks. Perhaps something to ponder for the future.

Cheers. 😉

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I think you also mentioned some sort of peak indicator…have you now put aside that idea?

It will come later. Right now I’m working on streamlining the layout of the mixer.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I think you also mentioned some sort of peak indicator…have you now put aside that idea?

It will come later. Right now I’m working on streamlining the layout of the mixer.

I think the clever options we already have with the realtime changing colour of the meters serves as very nice way to easily see when a track level has overloaded or clipped.

When the mixer is half or all the way up I can see when levels are low, mid or high just be glancing at the colour changes in the track meters . I don’t think any other host has a similar offering.

So yes I think more work on the layout of the mixer is very welcome indeed. 🙂

I think the changes in 1.85 have really helped to keep the power and flexibility Podium offers with the track hierachy, but also now it is far more accessible without losing that power and flexibility. If anything it is even more flexible now. 8)

francois
    Participant

😀 Its again a nice release Frits , i would like to be able to change the name of a project by right clicking in the project list , actually the only options are open and remove… 😮

Zynewave
    Keymaster

i would like to be able to change the name of a project by right clicking in the project list , actually the only options are open and remove

The project name is stored in the project file, so renaming the file is not enough. You’ll need to open the project, edit the name in the project properties dialog, and then resave.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘1.85’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave