Topic: 1.96

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The track inspector UI has been redesigned. The inspector is now positioned at the left edge of the window instead of inside the tracks region. This maximizes the available height for the group panel and embedded plugin editors. It also makes it possible to show the inspector in mixer editors.
    • The position of the input and track panels in the inspector have been swapped. This means that the track panel is now at the top and F1 is used to open it instead of F5. Visually this makes more sense, since the panels are now placed in the same order as the controls in the group panel and the mixer.
    • Added a color picker to the track inspector. Tracks that are color enabled will show the color picker at the top of the track panel. The color picker can be toggled with the color button at the top of the inspector.
    • New tracks are by default color enabled if the “default track color” is defined in the colors dialog.
    • Added “Enable Track Color” to the track menu.
    • Added “Save Program File” and “Save Bank File” to the plugin preset menu.
    • Added four new options to the tracks region properties: “Show track color bar at right edge of header”, “Show pan and gain sliders instead of dials”, “Show effect chain on header” and “Set minimum track height to fit contents”.
    • The undo/redo buttons can be shift+clicked or right-clicked to open a menu with the edit history.
    • Fix: The “Move to Group” menu did not move the effect chain along with the moved track.
    rinxai
    Participant

sIMPLY fABULOUS

Thank you! 😀

musicmakeruk
    Participant

Thanks.

But I don’t like the way the top and bottom bars get shifted off the right side of the screen when the inspector is open.

Conquistador
    Participant

Cheers Frits 🙂

I think you may have missed some thing…

“The position of the input and track panels in the inspector have been swapped. This means that the track panel is now at the top and F1 is used to open it instead of F5. Visually this makes more sense, since the panels are now placed in the same order as the controls in the group panel and the mixer”

A slight ammendment of one of your own quotes. 🙂

This change is not a small addition IMO as it provides a much more logical and consistent interface and as a result a quicker and easier workflow. Definitely worth a mention.

I guess the more recent transparent Beta process is making it bit tricky to keep track of all the changes. I am pretty sure you have a change log of sorts to reference as you go along so maybe this just slipped through the net, unless you think this change is not really worth a mention.?!?

H-man
    Participant

Again, nice additions Frits.

“Set minimum track height to fit contents”. Works nice …thanks 😀

I am finding that thanks to compact mode, in the early composition / creation stage I only really rely on the track inspector for rapidly auditioning presests.

IMHO having the inspector global is useful as well.

Thanks again 🙂

Zsolt
    Participant

Thanks, nice update. Can live with how the inspector works as I don’t use it really often (almost everything you need is included in compact mode 🙂

Looking forward to the next update 😉

sam c
    Participant

Frits, after spending a few days with 1.96 I think you did a great job with the track inspector and tying everything in.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the comments.

@Conquistador wrote:

I guess the more recent transparent Beta process is making it bit tricky to keep track of all the changes. I am pretty sure you have a change log of sorts to reference as you go along so maybe this just slipped through the net, unless you think this change is not really worth a mention.?!?

I’ve added your swap panel text to the original feature post. I didn’t forget about it, as I figured it could go under the “redesigned inspector” part. Still it is worth mentioning as it affects workflow and not only appearance.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Thanks for all the comments.

I’ve added your swap panel text to the original feature post. I didn’t forget about it, as I figured it could go under the “redesigned inspector” part. Still it is worth mentioning as it affects workflow and not only appearance.

Cheers.

I thought it would be highly unlikely you forgot. 🙂 It is a very helpful additional change to Podium.

Klemperer
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

• Added “Save Program File” and “Save Bank File” to the plugin preset menu.

I am really thankful for THIS addition, besides the other nice ones! I know it was not too difficult before, but for newbies like me a few weeks ago it will be much easier now, and many people make their own fxp and fxb, is it?. Thanks for the update!

Reject
    Participant

Is this a known bug?

When you highlight a track segment, and then highlight an insert-fx (in compact mode, clicking on the wee box/up-arrow to the left), both are highlighted at the same time. When you then press delete on the keyboard, the track segment gets deleted, rather than the insert-fx which you highlighted last.

[/img]

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Reject wrote:

Is this a known bug?

When you highlight a track segment, and then highlight an insert-fx (in compact mode, clicking on the wee box/up-arrow to the left), both are highlighted at the same time. When you then press delete on the keyboard, the track segment gets deleted, rather than the insert-fx which you highlighted last.

Not a bug as such. So far it has been possible to select a different focus track for editing in the inspector, without this causing the current segment/event selection to be reset.

But your post made me change my mind about this behaviour. I’ve now changed it so that any track selection will always reset any segment or event selection.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘1.96’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave