Topic: 1.97

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The “create new project” start page has been extended with two check-box options for scanning mono/stereo and surround sound capable VST plugins. Enabling the surround option also creates audio input and output mappings for surround sound speaker configurations.
    • Added popup help for the buttons on the “create new project” start page.
    • Added support for the VST setSpeakerArrangement function. Insert mappings will be created for each supported speaker configuration. Plugin scanning now detects surround configurations and automatically creates surround insert mappings instead of multiple stereo pair mappings.
    • Implemented full support for the Waves WaveShell plugins. Importing the WaveShell dll no longer pops up the menu for selecting a single Waves plugin. Instead it automatically creates mappings for all installed Waves plugins.
    • The import of a global plugin with multiple I/O mappings now also creates a default insert mapping for the first I/O pair. The insert mapping is easier to use if you only intend to use a single MIDI channel and single I/O of a multiple channel capable plugin.
    • Creating a new bus instance will create surround mappings if there are any surround audio output mappings in the project.
    • Updated the zPEQ and zPitch VST plugins to support up to 32-channels surround setups.
    • Updated the zReverb plugin to support true mono-in and stereo-out. The zReverb editor will show only one source when mono/stereo mapping is selected.
    • Fix: When the bottom track in a track chain was set to have a hidden lane a crash could occur when dragging tracks.
    • Fix: Deleting a track with the track inspector hidden could cause a crash.
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

If you havent’ already voted in the poll in the general chat forum, please vote in the “What OS do you use to run Podium? (2008)” topic:

http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1535

jpleong
    Participant

Yay! Thanks Frits!

JP

acousmod
    Participant

Added support for the VST setSpeakerArrangement function. Insert mappings will be created for each supported speaker configuration. Plugin scanning now detects surround configurations and automatically creates surround insert mappings instead of multiple stereo pair mappings.

πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Updated the zPEQ and zPitch VST plugins to support up to 32-channels surround setups.

Wonderful !!!
    Thanks !

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I’ve found a small bug in zPitch. When you change between mono/stereo/surround mappings of zPitch, it mutes its output and you have to toggle monitoring off/on to get sound out of it. I’ll fix that for the next release.

swindus
    Participant

Nice release, thanks!
    Just curious, what are the next new features/improvements on your list Frits?

Conquistador
    Participant

Cheers thanks! πŸ™‚

acousmod
    Participant

Time-stretching perhaps ? πŸ˜‰ (at least I hope so…)

Conquistador
    Participant

@acousmod wrote:

Time-stretching perhaps ? πŸ˜‰ (at least I hope so…)

Yes we are getting pretty close to v.2 timestretching and Rewire would by nice by the time we get there.

Podianer
    Participant

It would be very cool If we could get track templates in compact view πŸ˜›
    This feature is a huge timesaver!

And perhaps a button inside the arrangement window to switch between compact and expanded mode. It could be optional by only adding it to the profiles. One could add it to the ui if there is a need.

Edit: And MP3 export (with lame e.g.) would help a lot.. (simply standard in daw-software nowadays). And of course auto save.. πŸ™‚ Having all these things would be real great.. 8)

sam c
    Participant

Thanks Frits. The waves support is an outstanding addition!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Since I’ve been revisiting the whole VST support for this release, I was thinking that I ought to experiment with MIDI streaming between VST plugins, to make the VST support complete. If it turns out to require more work than I anticipate, I may decide to leave it for another time.

Adding the track template to compact mode is also on my todo list.

acousmod
    Participant

Excellent thoughts !

Do you have yet any idea how to implement it ?
    Making the plugins which have a MIDI output port available as MIDI devices ?
    Or using the zGrid ?

swindus
    Participant

Great! Looking forward to it! πŸ˜€

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Do you have yet any idea how to implement it ?

I haven’t started yet. Still recuperating from the work on this release. But it won’t change anything in the UI. It will just enable streaming MIDI output from a plugin to the MIDI input of the next plugin in the chain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘1.97’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave