Topic: 1.99

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added “show edit mode buttons” option to the timeline ruler region properties.
    • Added “Stream muted sounds for fast response to unmuting” option in Preferences dialog.
    • Files can be dropped onto the entire project start page area. Previously it was not possible to drop files on the sequences and devices lists.
    • Expanding a folder in a listbox will automatically scroll the list to show the entire contents of the folder.
    • Soloing a track will also solo any parameter tracks of parent effect tracks.
    • Fix: The sound editor did not redraw segment selections for mono sounds.
    • Fix: Opening a corrupted wave file could crash when resaving the file.
    • Fix: Rearranging plugins in an effect chain could sometimes cause a lockup, if the plugin multiprocessing option was enabled.
    acousmod
    Participant

Added “Stream muted sounds for fast response to unmuting” option in Preferences dialog.
    Soloing a track will also solo any parameter tracks of parent effect tracks.

Thanks !

Files can be dropped onto the entire project start page area. Previously it was not possible to drop files on the sequences and devices lists.

Very usefull.
    You say “devices lists”. Does it mean that it must work also for plugins files ?
    I have tried and Podium seems to accept the dll files to be drag on the Devices and show some activity during a few seconds but nothing appears in the list.
    Anyway, it would be nice feature.

acousmod
    Participant

You say “devices lists”. Does it mean that it must work also for plugins files ?
    I have tried and Podium seems to accept the dll files to be drag on the Devices and show some activity during a few seconds but nothing appears in the list.

Strange : I have tried on another computer and the plugins load well with drag and drop.
    In both cases I have updated from 1.98.
    The only difference I see is that Podium is installed in a different path on each computer. It is C:audioPodium for the one in which plugins don’t appear, and in the default Program Files path for the other.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Files can be dropped onto the entire project start page area. Previously it was not possible to drop files on the sequences and devices lists.

Very usefull.

There is no change in the file import functionality. In previous releases you could not drag and drop a file over the two list boxes at all. The cursor would show a “forbidden” icon, and nothing happened when you dropped. Now you can drag for example a sound file over the “arrangements & sounds” listbox, and it will be imported properly.

acousmod
    Participant

Yes, I have understood and it works well on my second computer.
    On the first one, I have uninstalled Podium and reinstall it, audio files are well imported when I drag & drop but not the plugins.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Yes, I have understood and it works well on my second computer.
    On the first one, I have uninstalled Podium and reinstall it, audio files are well imported when I drag & drop but not the plugins.

When dragging plugins onto the browser window, Podium will import the plugins in the folder of the currently displayed browser object. If you open an object list you’ll probably find the plugins you dropped in the main project folder, which is not ideal. You should use the import menus instead of drag and drop.

acousmod
    Participant

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean 😳

I do the same on the two computers, I drag a dll file on the Devices list and the plugins don’t appear on one of the computers.
    Of course, I can import the file, but I just test this new feature and I try to understand…

What is “an object list” ? Is this a “folder” in the Devices list ? If yes, there is none of the plugins that I have dragged on the Browser in them.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean 😳

I do the same on the two computers, I drag a dll file on the Devices list and the plugins don’t appear on one of the computers.

I’m guessing you are starting with an empty project on one of the computers?

Of course, I can import the file, but I just test this new feature and I try to understand…

What is “an object list” ? Is this a “folder” in the Devices list ? If yes, there is none of the plugins that I have dragged on the Browser in them.

Object list is the left panel in the list window (Ctrl+L). It will show you more details than the devices list on the start page.

The possibility to drag plugin dll files onto the Podium browser was made long before the project start page was introduced. Dragging plugin files onto the window is no longer a recommended way to import plugins.

In previous releases you have been able to drag files onto the project start page, except on the two list boxes (due to a technical limitation). In this release I just made a small adjustment to the list boxes so that you can actually drop e.g. a sound file on the listbox. This is not really a new feature. Maybe I should have called it a bug-fix instead to avoid this confusion.

acousmod
    Participant

OK, thanks for your explainations and your patience.

This is not really a new feature. Maybe I should have called it a bug-fix instead to avoid this confusion.

Yes, for me, “Devices list” on the Start page area was the Devices “list” area…

I thought that dragging on the Start page areas was a new way of importing audio files and plugins.
    I never use the Object list because, for me, it makes a double of the Browser window and the Inspector.
    If I have understood, the plugins didn’t show because the arrangement was empty ?
    Perhaps could you change it so that they are imported in all cases, like audio files, to avoid confusion ?

Anyway, I like this way, I didn’t just realized that it was already doable !…
    Until the Files List will have a preview function, I prefer to drag audio files from Windows folders (which keeps the French alphabetical order), and importing plugins like this is also very nice.
    Why do you say that “Dragging plugin files onto the window is no longer a recommended way to import plugins” ?

Conquistador
    Participant

On the home page 1.99 is described as having “Minor improvements and bug fixes”.

While yes it’s a not a major release but it is still a very important one IMO.
    Off to get my 1.99 download…cheers! 🙂

I’ll let you know if the “Move effect” issue returns.

jpleong
    Participant

Yay!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

If I have understood, the plugins didn’t show because the arrangement was empty ?
    Perhaps could you change it so that they are imported in all cases, like audio files, to avoid confusion ?

I think the plugin is imported in both your cases. It’s just that the plugin is placed in the project root folder, i.e. outside the normal “Devices” folder, so unless it is imported into an empty project you won’t notice the plugin in the Devices list panel. That’s why I don’t recommend import of plugins by drag/drop. Later on I may change this drag/drop behaviour so that plugins are always imported into the Devices folder.

Until the Files List will have a preview function, I prefer to drag audio files from Windows folders (which keeps the French alphabetical order)

The files list already have a preview function. Maybe you refer to the request where you’d like to set a preview volume in the list panel?

acousmod
    Participant

The files list already have a preview function. Maybe you refer to the request where you’d like to set a preview volume in the list panel?

Yes, of course, volume, play buttons, position slider and choice of outputs.

That’s why I don’t recommend import of plugins by drag/drop. Later on I may change this drag/drop behaviour so that plugins are always imported into the Devices folder.

OK 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘1.99’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave