Topic: 2.02

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • ReWire mixer support, including MIDI and parameter control of ReWire instruments.
    • Added “Enable ReWire devices” option to the Preferences dialog.
    • The device mapping properties dialog has a new “ReWire device” type option.
    • New projects will have a “ReWire” folder with audio output device mappings for any detected ReWire devices. The MIDI mappings and parameters will be created once you have opened a ReWire device on a track. The mappings will automatically update with any changes made in the ReWire device application.
    • Added “Import ReWire Devices” command to the devices menu on the start page. Use this to add newly installed ReWire devices to your existing projects.
    • Record-enabling a ReWire MIDI mapping track will record parameter tracks of control changes made in the ReWire device window, provided that the ReWire device supports MIDI output.
    • The open/close state of plugin editors is now remembered for each arrangement, so the editors are automatically opened the next time you power on.
    • Fix: Resizing sound events to the start of the arrangement could in certain cases reset the offset within the sound.

The .pod file format has been updated for this release, so it is recommended that you make backups of your projects.

Conquistador
    Participant

Thanks Frits. πŸ™‚

H-man
    Participant

Yes,

Thanks here too Frits. πŸ˜€ Had to break out my old CM copy of Re-Birth to test this 😯 but it looks pretty good so far. I’m sure this ticks a rather important box for many people evaluating Podium.

“The open/close state of plugin editors is now remembered for each arrangement, so the editors are automatically opened the next time you power on.”

Very nice, thanks again,

Ben

acousmod
    Participant

The open/close state of plugin editors is now remembered for each arrangement, so the editors are automatically opened the next time you power on.

Thanks a lot !
    Little things like that can really make a difference in everyday use.

Fix: Resizing sound events to the start of the arrangement could in certain cases reset the offset within the sound.

Well done πŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

The first ReWire related bug has been reported. I’ll release a 2.03 bug-fix version in a few days time with this fix:

Fix: Podium would show a ReWire error message if the ReWire option was enabled in the preferences and no ReWire.dll was installed on the PC. Podium would also crash on exit if the ReWire.dll was not found.

Until then, if you don’t have any ReWire applications installed on your machine, installing 2.02 is not recommended.

Vonbrucken
    Participant

FL Studio can’t find Podium as a Rewire client …

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Vonbrucken wrote:

FL Studio can’t find Podium as a Rewire client …

Podium only supports ReWire master/mixer mode. Implementing ReWire client support is a whole lot more work, so don’t expect to see that soon.

Vonbrucken
    Participant

Ok thanks !!! πŸ˜€

Malcolm Jacobson
    Participant

Hi Fritz,

Congratulations on adding ReWire support! I saw the announcement over at KVR and downloaded the demo to try it out.

Having spent a few hours with the demo, I have the following bug reports for you:

β€’ The MIDI data for “Sustain” does not appear to be getting through to the ReWire device. My controller passes sustain information correctly to VSTi’s within Podium, but the same data does not get through to Reason 4.

β€’ When I create a new Instrument in Reason, I get an error message in Podium that says “Reason ReWire error: Invalid parameter (GetControllerInfo)”.

Apart from these bugs everything else seems to work fine, and I like how easy it is to launch a ReWire session.

Most of my ReWire instruments are stereo. When I look at the list of returns the only stereo pair appears to be for channels 1 + 2 (Mix L+R). Is it possible to link a pair of returns from a ReWire device to a stereo track?

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Malcolm Jacobson wrote:

Hi Fritz,

Hi Malcolm, thanks for the bug-report.

β€’ The MIDI data for “Sustain” does not appear to be getting through to the ReWire device. My controller passes sustain information correctly to VSTi’s within Podium, but the same data does not get through to Reason 4.

On closer inspection, I have found that when playing a MIDI keyboard in Podium routed through to a Reason instrument, Reason apparently does not respond as expected to note-on messages with zero-velocity. This is a standard method of sending note-offs and is used by most MIDI keyboards. So what to you seem as a non-responding sustain pedal, it’s actually because Reason never interprets any note-off messages. I’ll fix this by converting to true note-off messages when routing MIDI through to ReWire devices. Note that this is not an issue with sequenced notes in Podium, as these are sent out using true note-off messages.

β€’ When I create a new Instrument in Reason, I get an error message in Podium that says “Reason ReWire error: Invalid parameter (GetControllerInfo)”.

Confirmed. I’ll fix that.

Most of my ReWire instruments are stereo. When I look at the list of returns the only stereo pair appears to be for channels 1 + 2 (Mix L+R). Is it possible to link a pair of returns from a ReWire device to a stereo track?

An example: Open the properties dialog for the Reason “Channel 3” mapping. Change “Mono” to “Stereo” in the plugin output combobox. Name the mapping “Channel 3+4” or something similar. If you always use stereo pairings, you can then delete the redundant “Channel 4” mono mapping object.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘2.02’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave