Topic: 2.05

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Meters on track lane headers can be configured for either horizontal or vertical layout with the new “audio meters” setting in the tracks region properties. Vertical meters are now the default setting.
    • Track header meters show RMS as well as peak meters. Also added indicator lines at -6dB, -12dB and -24dB.
    • Added “slider knob style” settings to the colors setup dialog. There are options for glass effect, round knobs and a knob luminance offset value.
    • Updated the design of the pan, gain and send sliders on track lane headers. Added “control type” combobox setting to the tracks region properties. Choices are Dial, Slider and Readout slider.
    • Added “show device bypass buttons” and “show device automation record buttons” options to the tracks region properties.
    • Removed the E buttons from the track headers and the inspector group panel. Clicking a plugin name will open/close the editor window. Shift+click toggles bypass. Ctrl+click toggles record mode. Alt+click removes the device. Colored frames are drawn around the device name to indicate bypass, record and editor open/close states. These changes matches the update to the mixer in the previous release.
    • Added “show bypass buttons”, “show record buttons” and “Control Type” options to the inspector view menu.
    • Hovering the mouse over buttons and sliders on track headers will highlight the control.
    • The pan field in the track properties dialog shows the pan position with L/R text formatting instead of a positive/negative decimal value. The pan value can also be entered with L/R/C text formatting.
    • The “expanded” track layout mode uses the chain panel from compact mode.
    • Added combobox settings for gain, pan and send controls to the mixer region properties dialog. This adds several new control types, including the option to show send sliders. A new row showing the gain and pan value will appear in the mixer if the gain or pan control types have been set to sliders without value readouts on the knob.
    • Fix: The configurable double-click action in the mixer was not working correctly.
    • Fix: Loading a device setup would overwrite the current project name.
    Conquistador
    Participant

Lovely thanks! 🙂

H-man
    Participant

Thanks again Frits!

She’s a real ‘looker’ now 8) .

swindus
    Participant

Great release as usual! 😉

One thing I have found while using a MCU: Changing the fader position with the grid does not work correctly with a MCU. The MCU controls only the top most fader of the effect chain. After switching to another fader in the chain the MCU fader controls nothing.

And a small nitpick: In the mixer you can use a double click to open the editor window or track properties. This setting is not possible/equal on the track headers.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Looks great!

A find: The track panel in the inspector displays normal sliders even when set to readout sliders.

UncleAge
    Participant

Once again, another nice update Frits. Can’t wait to see what else might roll out before Xmas.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

A find: The track panel in the inspector displays normal sliders even when set to readout sliders.

It was on purpose that I left these sliders use the non-readout style. After thinking about it, I agree that it is more consistent if these sliders use the readout style as well. I changed this and it will be available in 2.06.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@swindus wrote:

One thing I have found while using a MCU: Changing the fader position with the grid does not work correctly with a MCU. The MCU controls only the top most fader of the effect chain. After switching to another fader in the chain the MCU fader controls nothing.

The current Mackie Control implementation was made before the compact track layout mode was implemented. I have a long list of improvements I would like to make to the MCU support, but I would like to wait with those until I have completed the compact mode feature set, and have removed the expanded mode option.

pj geerlings
    Participant

I think I’m finally ready to resume music making 😉

And …
    It looks like Podium has come quite a long way since I last looked at it (!)

Is it now possible to chain a VST Instrument to a VST Effect on the same Podium channel and route MIDI conntrol to both the Instrument and Effect from the same MIDI keyboard?

Thanks in advance,
    pj

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@pj geerlings wrote:

Is it now possible to chain a VST Instrument to a VST Effect on the same Podium channel and route MIDI conntrol to both the Instrument and Effect from the same MIDI keyboard?

Are you referring to the discussion we had here?
    http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1096

I don’t think I’ve made changes to the way input mappings are handled since this discussion.

pj geerlings
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@pj geerlings wrote:

Are you referring to the discussion we had here?
    http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1096

I don’t think I’ve made changes to the way input mappings are handled since this discussion.

Yes – that was the discussion – I’ll try the solution you outlined in that thread …

Thanks,
    pj

rinxai
    Participant

A marvelous update once again. Thanks 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘2.05’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave