Topic: 2.09

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The price of a Podium license is now only 50 US$. This is the result of a change in the licensing and upgrade policy. The zynewave.com purchase page has all the details. Existing customers are not affected by the changes.
    • Updated the piano roll editor with a new scalable photographic keyboard image.
    • The “white key contrast” value in the piano roll region properties can be set from 0% (white keys drawn with the panel color of the current color scheme) to 100% (true white/black colors).
    • Increased the resolution of vertical zoom in the piano roll editor. The old +/- vertical zoom keys are replaced with a zoom slider.
    • Clicking the piano roll keyboard will keep the note playing until the mouse button is released. Dragging up or down the keyboard will retrigger the played note. The clicked horizontal position controls the attack velocity.
    • Alt+clicking any ghost note shown in the piano roll timeline will switch the editor to the corresponding sequence.
    • The piano roll region properties dialog is extended with several new options: “colorize notes with track color”, “draw notes with shadow effect”, “highlight octave separators”, “highlight black keys”, “double-click to delete”, “create clone of selected note with pencil tool” and
      “audition selected and edited notes”.
    • The Shift/Ctrl/Alt-click actions on the piano keyboard can be customized separately for the select and pencil tool. The available actions include various note selections with audition, and a set of commands for step editing.
    • Using the step-editing actions on the piano keyboard will add/delete notes at the edit cursor position. The editor quantize value determines the duration of the notes. If the edit cursor is moved using keyboard shortcuts before releasing the mouse then the current edit cursor position determines the duration. If looping is enabled then the edit cursor stepping wraps around at the loop end position. If playback is started and the “link edit cursor to play cursor” option is enabled then the start and duration of the added notes are determined by the real-time position of the play cursor.
    • Enabling the “show quantization button panel” option in the piano roll region properties will show a panel of shortcut buttons to the left of the piano keyboard. Clicking the buttons will set the editor quantize value. Ctrl+Clicking the buttons will quantize the start of selected events. Alt+Clicking the buttons will set the duration of selected events.
    • The timeline grid now reflects the editor snap settings. If snap is enabled and is not set to bar snapping, then the snap grid is drawn instead of the arrangement time-signature grid.
    • Resizing a note event by dragging either the start or the end of the note will resize all notes in a multiple note selection. The resizing is done in realtime instead of on mouse release.
    • When inserting new notes by double-clicking with the select tool or by single-clicking with the pencil tool, before releasing the mouse button you can drag left/right to resize or up/down to adjust velocity.
    • Added note event “Alt+Click” and “Alt+Double-click” customizable edit actions. Available edit actions include: drag velocity, drag size, drag size proportionally (for multiple note selections) and delete events.
    • Added “piano roll region properties” shortcut to the piano roll keyboard right-click menu.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Big update. Congrats. I love this piano roll, I’m very happy 😀

Pigini
    Participant

In my view, a very important update. With the right adjustments in the right places, it’s just so much more usable now.
    Podiums old piano roll used to be the reason, why I preferred another app for mouse input. No need for that anymore.
    Excited to read the work in the piano roll area continues. It’s such a vital part in any host and not many of them are actually good at it.

H-man
    Participant

Thanks again Frits! 😀

bladerunner
    Participant

these updates have absolutely made my day, week, month! the piano roll now has all the functions i could possibly want and is quicker at getting the job done.

@Pigini wrote:

Excited to read the work in the piano roll area continues. It’s such a vital part in any host and not many of them are actually good at it.

agreed. in some other (far higher profile) apps using the piano roll can be a cumbersome and laborious process. it is a REAL pleasure to use such a well thought out piano roll.

many thanks for the update frits 🙂

Conquistador
    Participant

As always Frits a top draw release thanks 🙂

I was having some trouble loading projects in 2.08. For some reason after making changes and multiple saves any attempt to load another project resulted in Podium simply slowing to a crawl and not responding if any click was made on the screen (after waiting for minutes).

I did not bring it pre 2.09 as it disappeared almost as mysteriously as it appeared. Last 3 projects in 2.08 were fine even the same problem projects are fine now in 2.08.

Yet to see problems in 2.09 and it was intermittent in 2.08. I am having a good look at Vistas Resource Monitor (pretty cool) to see if anything was / is starving Podium of Ram (I have 8GB so that is more than plenty for Vista and Podium). So far so good. I’ll let you know if it flares up again. It might have been a plugin…not sure.

Interestingly though when loading a project form the Recent Projects: area there was no lock up or slow down. Are they different processes in Podium? Will the Recent Projects list cache projects in some way?

So far so good for now (2.09) but I am interested on how Podium saves data thanks. 🙂

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

Interestingly though when loading a project form the Recent Projects: area there was no lock up or slow down. Are they different processes in Podium? Will the Recent Projects list cache projects in some way?

Loading projects by double-clicking in the recent projects list is no different from loading the file with the “Open Project” menu and file dialog.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Loading projects by double-clicking in the recent projects list is no different from loading the file with the “Open Project” menu and file dialog.

Ok thanks. That must mean the problem I had must have been caused by something else. In any case if it crops up again I will let you know. 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2.09’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave