Topic: 2.12

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added popup help to all buttons on the track lane headers and the mixer strips.
    • Fix: Fixed an elusive bug that could cause a crash on startup.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

That was a quick fix . Thanks! 😆

gamble
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is the right thread; however, random crashes at startup are addressed here so I’ll continue…
    podium (2.10) crashes randomly at startup without a detailled windows message. it’s splashscreen -> new project dialog with demo reminder.
    is that the specific “random crash” fixed in 2.12? besides for being fixed, what’s the supposed reason for the crash?
    I’m running a windows xp sp 3, 1.7 Ghz Pentium M with midiYoke and a alesis io 26

regards

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@gamble wrote:

podium (2.10) crashes randomly at startup without a detailled windows message. it’s splashscreen -> new project dialog with demo reminder.
    is that the specific “random crash” fixed in 2.12?

It could be. I’ve just uploaded the 2.12 demo version. Please give this a try, and let me know if you still get crashes.

Klemperer
    Participant

The online help function added just yesterday for 2.11 is wonderful! I was a bit of ranting during the last weeks because I had tried to show people Podium and always got the same answers – and now that’s a major change i think. Wonderful work :). People test Podium, find themselves in need of help at some point – and get it!

gamble
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@gamble wrote:

is that the specific “random crash” fixed in 2.12?

It could be. I’ve just uploaded the 2.12 demo version. Please give this a try, and let me know if you still get crashes.

well, problem still exists. however, I can’t tell if it’s platform-specific.
    maybe the following error dump might help you. it’s a txt file you can obtain using the following link:

http://www.goaruna.com/qqx

regards

edit: it seems there is some problem when podium queries the asio driver at applocation startup. it’s random, however. I’ll try to locate and narrow the problem within the next days.

gamble
    Participant

after several tryouts it seems the problem has vanished. however, I have no explanation for it. anyway, I’m gonna keep testing this terrific app! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2.12’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave