Topic: 2.17

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Redesigned the “create new project” page. The page can be scrolled vertically if it does not fit within the window. This can occur if running on a netbook with low screen resolution.
    • If the “Zynewave/Podium” application data folder created by the installer is not found when Podium is started, the folder where Podium.exe is located is used as data folder instead. The Podium.ini file will thus be stored in this folder. This makes it easier to run Podium from a flash drive on a PC system where Podium has not been installed.
    • The installer no longer creates the “Zynewave Podium Projects” folder in the Documents folder. Instead the user is presented with a “project folder preferences” dialog the first time Podium is started. The user can let Podium build the default folders, or configure the folders in the preferences.
    • The “Sound file cache folder” setting in preferences can be left blank to use the Windows temp folder. The default setup now uses this instead of the Cache folder previously created by the installer.
    • Removed the “Relative to project path” option from the sound properties dialog. Sound files are now always referenced with a relative path in the project file if the sound file is located within the project folder.
    • Removed the “Relative path” plugin file option from the Device Mapping properties dialog. Plugins are now always referenced with their full path in the project file.
    • Multiple VST plugin scan folders can be specified in the preferences dialog.
    • Added “automatically search for missing plugins when loading a project” option to preferences. This option is enabled by default.
    • The track inspector embedded in the project window is automatically opened/closed when an arrangement editor is opened/closed.
    • Clicking outside the navigator zoom pane will not change the vertical track zoom position.
    • Double-clicking in the navigator will toggle between full zoom and restoring previous zoom range.
    • Removed the outdated example projects from the installer.
    • Fix: Recording on a composite track could crash if recording was started at a position before an existing comp event on the track.
    • Fix: Clicking outside the zoombar in the navigator could freeze the UI for a few seconds if the “follow play cursor” view option was enabled.
    • Fix: Pressing the ‘B’ key shortcut with focus on a parameter track would insert new bounce tracks instead of toggling bounce mode on the existing track.
    druid
    Participant

My thoughts (on the install process). I removed the previous installation entirely to see what would happen.

Positive:

• No more default project directory being created; this is great!
    • I can shift the podium.ini to the directory and get rid of Podium’s appdata folder!
    • Now I can leave the file association of .pod alone; because of your changes, double-clicking a .pod file when the default DDE behaviour is on does not recreate all those folders!
    • I’m much happier with these behaviours!

Negative (intended more to be constructive feedback – I am greatful for your work so far!):

• When choosing to create default folder or use a different one, it would be more helpful if it had a browse option where a user could select it straight up. Or if it detected one already set up in the podium.ini, it would just not display the question at all! (I didn’t get to test that though, because I made a fresh install, so podium.ini was not there.)
    • The installation is still creating the [Program Files]Zynewave folder. I always install to c:ongenpodium so I don’t know why it’s creating it. Maybe because you have two folders deep as default, in order to show the potential second folder, it must create the first? That seems likely; it never makes the Podium folder, only the Zynewave one.
    • The matters I discussed here, to do with a previous release. In particular, the creation of .mini files when only previewing.

I hope this helps! Thank you for a great release as always! And I apologise that I did not test in beta stage; as someone who was complaining about some of the previous actions, and making suggestions, I should have been helping to test it.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

I had a problem with the dialog on first run (looks like one of the template folders wasn’t created), and it didn’t show again after subsequent installations.

It worked fine the second time ’round after I deleted podium.ini, re-installed and let it create the folders anew.
    So as always, thanks for your great work!

By the way, I just noticed the description for the releases board says “Bug reports goes here.” πŸ™‚ Nobody caught it yet?

druid
    Participant

Hey Frits, I’m just wondering why this release was even announced on KVRAudio but it’s still not on the front page of the Zynewave page? It’s no problem, just making sure you didn’t forget!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@druid wrote:

Hey Frits, I’m just wondering why this release was even announced on KVRAudio but it’s still not on the front page of the Zynewave page? It’s no problem, just making sure you didn’t forget!

Thanks. The home page is updated, and a new demo version is up.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

By the way, I just noticed the description for the releases board says “Bug reports goes here.” πŸ™‚ Nobody caught it yet?

You mean the spelling error? I’ll correct that.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@druid wrote:

When choosing to create default folder or use a different one, it would be more helpful if it had a browse option where a user could select it straight up. Or if it detected one already set up in the podium.ini, it would just not display the question at all! (I didn’t get to test that though, because I made a fresh install, so podium.ini was not there.)

I’ll consider adding a “Browse” button. The dialog should not appear at all, if the setup file already contains valid folder assignments, or if Podium detects existing default folders created on a previous run.

The installation is still creating the [Program Files]Zynewave folder. I always install to c:ongenpodium so I don’t know why it’s creating it. Maybe because you have two folders deep as default, in order to show the potential second folder, it must create the first? That seems likely; it never makes the Podium folder, only the Zynewave one.

I’ll keep that in mind when looking for a new installer tool. I did not realise that the “Zynewave” parent folder was created even if you selected a different install folder.

Thanks for the feedback.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Thanks Frits, two good updates!

I’d like point a small bad behaviour, when you move the navigator focus part of the navigator isn’t used at all!

druid
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

The dialog should not appear at all, if the setup file already contains valid folder assignments, or if Podium detects existing default folders created on a previous run.

Well, that could well be so! As I said, I deleted all previous forms to test the tool in its “primal” state; I look forward to the next release so I can test it again, this time with the previous install still there! πŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Thanks Frits, two good updates!

I’d like point a small bad behaviour, when you move the navigator focus part of the navigator isn’t used at all!

The reason the bottom part is empty, is because I limit the height of an individual track to 5 pixels. It would be difficult to distinguish the tracks otherwise. Once you start adding more tracks to your arrangement, the navigator will soon fill up.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Ok Frits, though it seems a little ugly πŸ˜› I’ll survive.

However the bug of drums recording continues already… I cannot records drums with my pads due to this bug, I hope it will be easy to fix. I’ll quote myself:

Frits, I was just recording some tribal drums with a midi controller and I discovered a bad behaviour that I don’t see before (maybe I’m wrong).

Just draw a small drum sequence in sequencer, set a loop on it and record some random drums. If you allow that cursor do the loop (or if there is another phanton sequence) the new midi events that should be played will be recorded.

This is the final result, tons of midi notes superimposed:

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

However the bug of drums recording continues already…

There must be some MIDI loopback occurring. Podium will not record MIDI notes that it is playing, unless the receiving device sends back the same MIDI notes to Podium. What drum device are you using?

DFusion
    Participant

I experienced the same with Disco DSP Discovery when i had Midi out from the vst enabled.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

There must be some MIDI loopback occurring. Podium will not record MIDI notes that it is playing, unless the receiving device sends back the same MIDI notes to Podium. What drum device are you using?

mmmmmmmh :-k that’s true…. i’m using Poise, should I contact to One Small Clue then?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

mmmmmmmh :-k that’s true…. i’m using Poise, should I contact to One Small Clue then?

Check the Poise documentation or ask OSC if there is a way to disable MIDI output of incoming MIDI input.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘2.17’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave