Topic: 2.21

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added a menu bar at the top of the project window. This holds the menu buttons that previously were placed between the inspector and project page tabs. The menu bar has an auto-hide option button when the window is maximized. When auto-hide is enabled the menu bar can be shown by moving the mouse cursor to the top of the screen and holding it there for half a second.
    • Moved some of the commands in the Setup menu into a new Window menu.
    • Moved the browser page tab next to the inspector tab. Selecting either the inspector or the browser will automatically hide the other.
    • Updated the button layout in the inspector and browser pages.
    • Changed the transport toolbar buttons from rectangular to circular shape to unify the appearance of all toolbar buttons. Changed the layout of the transport toolbar in the default setup.
    • Changed the way that toolbar buttons are spaced. Buttons placed next to each other will be joined into a button bar. Buttons can be separated by inserting a space element between the buttons in the toolbar properties dialog.
    • Added “slice button” and “stretch button” elements to the toolbar dialog. Placing the slice element before or after a button will make the button side rectangular instead of rounded. Placing one or more stretch elements after a button will widen the button.
    • Added an “apply” command to the toolbar dialog.
    • Added “restore default editor profiles” command to the Setup menu.
    • Added “Customize Region” submenu to the editor view menu for quick access to the properties dialogs for individual regions. Removed the region properties shortcuts from the various editor context menus.
    • The menu button in the mixer is renamed from “view menu” to “mixer menu” to avoid confusion with the view menu in the editor.
    • The name entered in a project or sound properties dialog is now linked to the filename. When a new project is created, the project properties dialog shows “Project name (used as filename when the project is saved)”. When the project has been saved the name field is made read-only and the caption reads “Project name (same as filename)”. The same applies to the name field in the sound properties dialog.
    • Creating a new project from a template will show the project properties dialog.
    • The zReverb VST plugin is included in the demo installer.
    • Fix: Crash could occur during audio recording depending on the current timeline zoom range.
    swindus
    Participant

Thanks! Some nice changes/improvements here.

kingtubby
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Added “Customize Region” submenu to the editor view menu for quick access to the properties dialogs for individual regions. Removed the region properties shortcuts from the various editor context menus.

Good move – much better to have these grouped under one menu IMO

Thanks for the release Frits.

Mart.

Conquistador
    Participant

Cheers Frits. A nice UI focused release. 🙂

I think the “Search for missing plugins” command does not work. For some reason nothing happens when I use this command.

Looks broken. Please verify… :-k

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

I think the “Search for missing plugins” command does not work. For some reason nothing happens when I use this command.

Check your VST plugin paths in the preferences. If you have run the beta exe from a folder that has a VSTPlugins subfolder, then that folder may have replaced your normal VSTplugins folder in your Podium.ini.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@Conquistador wrote:

Check your VST plugin paths in the preferences. If you have run the beta exe from a folder that has a VSTPlugins subfolder, then that folder may have replaced your normal VSTplugins folder in your Podium.ini.

Ah…ok I’ll double check that thanks.

Conquistador
    Participant

Yeah that was it Frits the VST plugin path was blank. I did load the default set up (after saving my own) it must have wiped my settings out (as it should). I then loaded a colour set up only, instead of my complete set up, so the VST path remained blank. Good call thanks. 8)

H-man
    Participant

A little late to the party but thanks once again Frits. Enjoying the changes here.

Ben 😀

z_sfyr
    Participant

I really like the wav browser on the right hand side – right eyed or whatever. It seems a little cluttered having the Inspectror and browser bunched together. Is it possible to add align right/left?
    Beyond that the program keeps getting tighter all the time. [Still waiting on shuffle though ;)]

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@psychesonic wrote:

I really like the wav browser on the right hand side – right eyed or whatever. It seems a little cluttered having the Inspectror and browser bunched together. Is it possible to add align right/left?

I’d like to keep the embedded inspector and browser bunched together. If you prefer a different setup, you can open a browser window and place it to the right of the project window. The F9-F12 key shortcuts can be used to switch between different window layouts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘2.21’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave