Topic: 2.22

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added “export to sound file” command to the arrangement and sound editor file menus. An export dialog will appear with bit resolution and normalize settings. The arrangement export uses the bounced audio of the master track. An “export bounced audio to sound file” command is also available in the bounce submenu of each individual track.
    • Added “move bounced audio to new track” command to the bounce menu. Removed the now redundant “hide bounce track lane” option.
    • Reorganized the layout of the fader, meter and bounce track submenus.
    • Removed the MIDI and bounce settings from the effect track properties dialog. The bounce settings are now exclusively managed with the track bounce submenu.
    • Added “adjust tempo and stretch to align bar at cursor” command to the tempo lane right-click menu. This is useful if you have recorded a midi performance that has dynamic tempo changes. You can then use this command to edit tempo events and align the grid to your performance while keeping the original timing of the performance. The command complements the old “adjust tempo to align bar at cursor” command which is used for aligning the grid to an audio recording with dynamic tempo changes.
    • Added marker region to all the sound editor profiles in the default setup.
    • The sound editor now supports the Alt+M shortcut for inserting a marker at the cursor. The Q/W shortcuts will step between markers in the sound, in addition to the markers in the arrangement. When a marker is selected the cursor left/right keys can be used to select the previous or next marker.
    • Updated the edit menu in the sound editor. The “select all” and “select all from cursor” commands will now select an audio segment instead of markers.
    • Added “fade-in” and “fade-out” edit commands to the sound editor.
    • Renamed the “clone phantom sequence” and “crop unique sequence” edit commands to “clone” and “crop”. Added “clone and crop” command which will do both actions in one step.
    • Moved the color picker from the track panel to the top of the inspector. Right-clicking the color picker shows a menu with “enable track color”, “copy color” and “paste color”. Added popup-help to the color picker.
    • Removed the now redundant “enable track color” command from the track menu. Also removed the color option from the effect and parameter track dialogs.
    • Updated the button layout in the piano roll, velocity and curve regions, to match the recent updates to the toolbar layout.
    • Speed optimized the UI switching of editor profiles.
    • Pressing the 1-9 numeric keys switches between editor profiles.
    • Pressing F6 toggles the browser page.
    • Pressing F7/F8 restores/minimizes the first and second resizable region in the editor. This includes the embedded editor and the mixer.
    • The browser page can be activated by pressing the Tab key to rotate key focus between open panels.
    • List boxes in the browser and the project start page are framed when they have key focus.
    • Improved compatibility of MIDI file import.
    • Updated the “Getting Started” chapter in the Podium guide.
    • Fix: VST effects are no longer reset with “all notes off” MIDI messages. This avoids crashes occurring with IK Multimedia effect plugins.
    • Fix: Popup help would sometimes remain open when switching editor profiles.
    aMUSEd
    Participant

Pity there is no realtime export option – would be useful to be able to do that for the whole project rather than having to realtime bounce per track then export.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@aMUSEd wrote:

Pity there is no realtime export option – would be useful to be able to do that for the whole project rather than having to realtime bounce per track then export.

No need to do it per track. Just set the master track to realtime bounce mode, do the bounce recording, and then export the bounced audio on the master track.

aMUSEd
    Participant

True but if there’s going to be an export it would still be useful to have it in 2 speeds – offline and realtime, so there’s no need to bounce first at all.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Thanks you Frits!

ronin
    Participant

Thank you Frits! Profile switching is really fun now. Works fast and flawlessly here.
    Something I thought about:
    I’ve integrated the switch-buttons into the transport-toolbar to preserve more space for the arrangement-editor. Since you can switch with the number key now, I think there is no real need for a large profile-bar(because you don’t have to click the buttons)…maybe this integration should be standard but on the other hand this integration may not very useful for small resolutions. I’m working with 1680×1050 and have enough space left in the transport-bar.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@ronin wrote:

I’ve integrated the switch-buttons into the transport-toolbar to preserve more space for the arrangement-editor. Since you can switch with the number key now, I think there is no real need for a large profile-bar(because you don’t have to click the buttons)…maybe this integration should be standard but on the other hand this integration may not very useful for small resolutions. I’m working with 1680×1050 and have enough space left in the transport-bar.

The new screenshots in the getting started chapter is made at 1280×800 resolution (common resolution in laptops of today). As you can see, when the inspector is open, the edit and transport toolbars are almost maxed out. No room for the profile bar.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

It seems the problem with popup help getting stuck also applies to help bubbles for buttons on the mixer (when using the keyboard to switch from mixer to another profile).

H-man
    Participant

Thanks Frits, lots of useful additions with this release 🙂

rinxai
    Participant

Yet another excellent update.

thank you Frits 🙂

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Maybe I’m doing something terribly wrong, but it looks like the changes to the bounce mode in 2.22 kind of broke real-time bounce recording. When you set up a bounce track, an empty audio event the size of the arrangement would be created with it. Since this is no longer the case, it seems, you have to go in there and create it yourself, or it won’t record anything.

estwing
    Participant

Recording audio has been a problem for me since about ver.2.09 when i could use real time record.

its partly my fault by not learning each version thoroughly,
    simple example;
    drum vsti on midi track-i want to record a couple of bars in audio to reverse and process
    well the realtime record doesnt seem to work and the bonce creates a long file i have to search for,finally find the audio segment in the editor,clone the clip, reverse it and its gone again,ive reversed the whole file and not the segment.

Ok its my problem,I should put more time into learning,but some things could be easier.

sorry Frits.

estwing
    Participant

Hi Frits
    is the ‘render inside punch range’ not yet available,or am i missing something,
    the option is there, but in faded text and the ‘alt+b’ doesn’t seem to work.

thanks.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Hmm, it’s working fine for me in 222 and 223. Are you sure you’ve set the in/out marker(s) correctly? The option is also greyed out if bounce playback is activated on the track.

estwing
    Participant

thanks for the help thcilnnahoj,

i probably removed the ‘punch in/out’ elements from my toolbar over a year ago, to save space !

they are back now, and when activated, punch recordings fine.
    cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘2.22’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave