Topic: 2.30

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added “snap to closest grid line”, “snap to previous grid line”, “snap relative to grid” and “snap to edit cursor” options to the editor snap menu. If more than one option is enabled, the snapped position will depend on which snap point is closest.
    • Modified the way that the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys affect timeline drag actions. Pressing Shift after starting a timeline drag action will temporarily disable snapping. Pressing Alt after starting an event drag action will lock the dragged selection in either the horizontal or vertical position.
    • The Ctrl key is now used to copy-drag both phantom and unique events in the arrangement editor. Previously Alt was used to drag phantom copies. The Ctrl key can be tapped again during the drag operation to toggle between phantom or unique copy. The mouse pointer icon indicates the copy mode.
    • Pressing the Ctrl key when drawing a curve, or when dragging a single point event in the curve editor, will snap the point to the default parameter value.
    • Shift+clicking to start a marquee selection will reset existing selection first. Ctrl+clicking an empty area will start a marquee selection adding to the existing selection. This now also works with the pencil tool.
    • Modified the behaviour of the Q/W key shortcuts: Q/W moves the edit cursor in steps of the grid value. Shift+Q/W steps the edit cursor between marker events and active loop, punch and segment ranges. Ctrl+Q/W will set the edit cursor to the start or end of the current event selection.
    • Middle-click on the timeline will set the edit cursor snapped. Holding Shift while clicking will set the edit cursor without snapping.
    • Renamed the Quantize menu to “Grid & Snap” menu. Shortcut key is Alt+G (previously Alt+Q).
    • Changed the shortcut key for toggling snap mode to A (previously T).
    • Added Ctrl+E as shortcut for the “link edit cursor to play cursor” option.
    • Added Ctrl+R as shortcut for resetting current event/segment selection.
    • Added Ctrl+U as shortcut for converting a phantom sequence/sound event to a unique copy.
    • When a track event is selected, the Left Arrow key navigation will stop at the first event on the track, instead of selecting the track.
    • Removed the obsolete “editor snap” option from the preferences.
    • Assigning an audio-enabled device mapping to a non-audio track will automatically enable the fader and meter on the track.
    • Added an extra decimal digit to plugin parameter value readouts in the curve editor and the mixer parameter faders.
    • Fix: A child track that is tagged can now be collapsed if the group track is also included in the tag selection.
    • Fix: Unassigning an instrument from a track which had MIDI parameter tracks would cause a crash.
    • Updated the key shortcuts page in the guide.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I was waiting a lot an update like this one. Thanks you!!

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Hmm, I wrote in the preview topic that I don’t find vertical position locking useful, but I neglected the other editors besides the arrangement view… It is certainly very useful especially in the curve editor! 😳

Thank you for another great update!

4mica
    Participant

Do you ever sleep? You should get an award of some kind. Thank you-

H-man
    Participant

Another huge set of refinements …thankyou!

@Zynewave wrote:

• Updated the key shortcuts page in the guide.

Sounds like a pretty good place to start 😉

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, there is a small bug when you adjust timming. Don’t know how to reproduce it, but I have a pod file that I could send you if you want:

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Frits, there is a small bug when you adjust timming. Don’t know how to reproduce it, but I have a pod file that I could send you if you want:

Please send the pod file, and tell me what your adjust timing dialog settings are.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

A little bug with controls overlapping when using the mixer setting “Gain/pan fader: Disable”.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

D’oh #-o

I’ve found that the backup of the original timing is not saved correctly to the pod file. Negative offset adjustments are reset to zero. As a consequence the “undo timing adjustments” command and the “calculate adjustments from original timing” option will not work reliably. I’m fixing this by simply ignoring the original timing backup when loading older project files. Project files saved with 2.31 should save and load the timing adjustment backup correctly.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

A little bug with controls overlapping when using the mixer setting “Gain/pan fader: Disable”.

Fixed.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, this isn’t the first time this happens me. I don’t know anyway to clone this, but sometimes when I have few track bounced and I save the file, when I open the file again the plugin adjustments are deleted and I only have got the default patch. I *think* that the other times this happened with Synth1 too, so it could be a fail of the plugin.

I reeopened today a track that I did two weeks ago to ear it with clean ears and I ‘ve lost the setting of one Synth1.

I’d like to know if other people have similar experiences, that’s the reason I post this here.

edit: yup! I reopened the track (without save it) I turned off bounce and now the plugin can recall its settings, I’m going to do a copy, save the presets and look for a way to replicate it. :-k

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘2.30’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave