Topic: 2.33

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Time-stretching is now supported for note and curve sequence events on tracks. Hovering the mouse over a sequence event will show two new stretch drag handles above the resize drag handles. Dragging the stretch handles will compress or expand the playback of the events within the sequences. Stretching will not affect the events within the sequences, so you can use phantom copies of the same sequence, each with a different stretch factor.
    • When a sequence event has been stretched, the stretch factor is written in parentheses in the event header.
    • Added “Reset Time-Stretch” command to the edit menu.
    • Emphasized the coloring of the parameter track automation curve overlaid on the timeline.
    • Added “Tap Tempo” button to the tempo event dialog.
    • Fix: Using the “snap to previous grid line” and “snap relative to grid” options in combination would cause erratic jumps when resizing the end of events.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, is “BasicHeader.cpp” a Podium file? I getting this crash using DirectWave (simply loading sfz and playing them), so I think it’s related with DirectWave

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Frits, is “BasicHeader.cpp” a Podium file? I getting this crash using DirectWave (simply loading sfz and playing them), so I think it’s related with DirectWave

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BasicHeader.cpp is not part of my source code. It must be from DirectWave. I assume this bug is not new to Podium 2.33, but also occurred in previous versions?

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Don’t worry about it, I’ve the same problems in Live lite and Sonar LE, they crash with DirectWave under same circunstances.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Minor bug, when you drag a clip to a zone where you cannot drop it, the cursor doesn’t turn in a no-go icon

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

If you do a simple click in a stretch point the clip is shortened one snap value. And clips cannot be resized to its relative value if this is less than one snap value (I think this last bug isn’t too important, though)

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

If you do a simple click in a stretch point the clip is shortened one snap value. And clips cannot be resized to its relative value if this is less than one snap value (I think this last bug isn’t too important, though)

Many drag operations will only start once you have moved the mouse a few pixels away from the clicked point. This is to reduce the risk of accidentally moving stuff when you for example click an event to select it.

When you click the resize handle, the drag operation is started immediately, to allow for small changes. Thus, if you have snap enabled, the current size will be snapped immediately.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Many drag operations will only start once you have moved the mouse a few pixels away from the clicked point. This is to reduce the risk of accidentally moving stuff when you for example click an event to select it.

Yes I like this behaviour. Maybe you could do it avaliable ONLY when snap is enabled and shift key isn’t being used for clips and notes, all events.

Sometimes I’m writting notes and I when I click in the first half of a grid and move the mouse just 1 pixel the note is resized to 1/128, which is a little annoying. That’s the reason I asked that minimum size for notes were the relative point value in 2.34 thread. Or maybe you could adopt the quoted behaviour while snap is enabled, so it would avoid mistakes while writting and editing events with a mouse, doing the editors an absolute pleasure 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2.33’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave