Topic: 2.34

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Rewritten the “Getting Started”, “Projects”, “Project Window”, “Project Start Page” and “Browser Window” chapters in the Podium guide.
    • Added “Refresh file list” button to the file browser toolbar.
    • Added “Explore Folder” to the file browser menu. The command opens a Windows Explorer for the folder shown in the Podium file browser.
    • Renamed the old “Arrangements & Sounds” panel to “Contents” panel.
    • Changed the layout of the Contents and Devices list right-click menus.
    • When drag-reordering objects in a list, dropping objects on the center of a folder will automatically move the objects into the folder. Previously you had to use the Ctrl key to drop objects into a folder.
    • Changed the power button key shortcut from Shift+Space to Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Space. This reduces the risk of accidental power button activation when pressing space to start/stop playback.
    • The Podium setup file is saved when clicking the “Create project” button on the Create New Project page. This avoids that the current setup is lost if the plugin scanning results in a crash.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Added “Refresh file list” button to the file browser toolbar.

I like it, few times I’ve missed it.

From the manual, device panel chapter:

The device list can be updated with the **Devices** menu and the list right-click menu.

List right click menu? I don’t see nothing in that menu :S

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

The device list can be updated with the **Devices** menu and the list right-click menu.

http://www.zynewave.com/wiki/doku.php?id=guide:project_start_page#devices_list_menu

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

http://www.zynewave.com/wiki/doku.php?id=guide:project_start_page#devices_list_menu

Yes, but you cannot update the device list from that menu (I think)

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Yes, but you cannot update the device list from that menu (I think)

When I write “update” I mean that the list can be edited, organized, etc.

What did you think I meant by “updated”?

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Something like “refresh devices” or something like the option “update plugin database (with new devices that aren’t added yet)”. But you’re using the word update like ‘manage’, which I don’t know if that’s right

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Something like “refresh devices” or something like the option “update plugin database (with new devices that aren’t added yet)”. But you’re using the word update like ‘manage’, which I don’t know if that’s right

Point taken. I’ve updated the text, so that it now uses “maintain” instead of “update”. I could also have used “manage”.

4mica
    Participant

Thanks Frits—

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Getting started–>Mixing–>Last paragraph:

The bus send sliders will control the level of the “wet” signal that is sent to the busses. The gain fader on the track will control the level of the “dry” signal going out of the track.

I think it should be:

the level of the “dry” signal that is sent to the busses

or

the level of the “wet” signal that is come back from the busses

or delete the words “wet” and “dry” and everything will have sense:

@fixed wrote:

he bus send sliders will control the level of the signal that is sent to the busses. The gain fader on the track will control the level of the signal going out of the track.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Getting started–>Mixing–>Last paragraph:

The bus send sliders will control the level of the “wet” signal that is sent to the busses. The gain fader on the track will control the level of the “dry” signal going out of the track.

I think it should be:

the level of the “dry” signal that is sent to the busses

or

the level of the “wet” signal that is come back from the busses

or delete the words “wet” and “dry” and everything will have sense:

@fixed wrote:

he bus send sliders will control the level of the signal that is sent to the busses. The gain fader on the track will control the level of the signal going out of the track.

I did not swap dry/wet by mistake, but I can see why the description can be confusing. I’ve changed the text, and removed dry/wet references.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, there is an small conflict deleting files from file explorer, if the file is playing (browser preview) and you try to delete it you get the tipical windows error that file is in use. Maybe you can change this behavior in two minutes, stoping the playback once you select ‘Delete’ 🙂

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Frits, there is an small conflict deleting files from file explorer, if the file is playing (browser preview) and you try to delete it you get the tipical windows error that file is in use. Maybe you can change this behavior in two minutes, stoping the playback once you select ‘Delete’ 🙂

Fixed.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Noticed something peculiar yesterday:
    I wanted to transform a series of points into a curve, but Podium won’t let me transform only those points that are selected. Because of this, I had to transform the points before and after this section separately.

An even simpler experiment: if you select any two points, and use any of the transform commands, all points inbetween those two will also be transformed.

I guess this is intentional? It seems a little strange to me, though, if it’s like in the picture example.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

I guess this is intentional? It seems a little strange to me, though, if it’s like in the picture example.

Sort of intentional. Originally you could only transform a segment selection to a spline curve. When I extended it to also include event selections, the code would only search for the first and last selected event, and then transform that time range. I’ve now changed it so that Podium will divide it into smaller segments if there are “holes” in the selected events.

Thanks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘2.34’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave