Topic: 2.38

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added font selection settings to the Appearances page in the preferences dialog. The font name can be entered directly in the text field or selected with the font dialog opened by clicking the browse button.
    • Added “scale font size to button size” percentage setting to the Appearances page. Entering 0% will keep font sizes at the minimum size no matter how large the button size is.
    • Object list images and button images have been redesigned to be unicolored. This avoids cases where images could be hard to distinguish with certain color setups.
    • Clearing the group or composite option on a track will automatically move all child tracks out of the group.
    • The serial number appended to sequence names are prefixed with a decimal point. This applies both to new sequence events added to a track, and phantom copies converted to unique copies.
    • Using the Insert key to add copies of selected events will be pushed forward on the timeline until reaching a position where there are no overlap with existing events.
    • Fix: Modified the code that saves the Podium.ini file. This eliminates the long delay that could occur on some PC systems when exiting Podium, or when starting a plugin scanning.
    • Fix: Shift+clicking would not override snap when dragging a segment selection or when dragging a marquee selection in the curve editor.
    • Fix: The “default sample rate” setting in the audio interfaces dialog can now be set before activating the ASIO driver.
    • Fix: Fade-in/out curves with a duration of 1 sample could result in level overload.
    • Fix: The Merge command did not properly handle merging sequences with different stretch factors.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I consider quality features all the fixes and the most of new features within this update. I’m particulary happy with these:

@Zynewave wrote:

• The serial number appended to sequence names are prefixed with a decimal point. This applies both to new sequence events added to a track, and phantom copies converted to unique copies.
    • Using the Insert key to add copies of selected events will be pushed forward on the timeline until reaching a position where there are no overlap with existing events.
    • Fix: Modified the code that saves the Podium.ini file. This eliminates the long delay that could occur on some PC systems when exiting Podium, or when starting a plugin scanning.

I wasn’t affected by the long delay while exiting Podium, although. But I think this is very important to the future of Podium. Thanks.

kingtubby
    Participant

Thanks for the update Frits – particularly the fast shutdown fix. That had been a problem for me in the past, but it now closes very quickly 🙂

Mart.

4mica
    Participant

A smashing good update, sir! Now the font freak in me has to refrain from going off and using blade runner font, or dukes of hazzard/hobo font(gulp).

German Fafian
    Participant

Fix: The Merge command did not properly handle merging sequences with different stretch factors.

Fix confirmed!
    Thanks 😀

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Using the Insert key to add copies of selected events will be pushed forward on the timeline until reaching a position where there are no overlap with existing events.

😀 Very nice Engrish description there! I just hope it once again works like it previously did. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Fix: Fade-in/out curves with a duration of 1 sample could result in level overload.

Also great news. Unfortunately I can’t give it a test, but I’ll make sure to let you know if it still happens sometime.

From the 2.37 thread:

– Mono and multichannel side-chain mappings (or multi-mappings in general) seem to share instance numbers. Ex.: If there are both a mono SC #1 and a stereo SC #1, creating a new instance of stereo SC #1 names it stereo SC #3. Of course this only applies if the mappings were created from the same DLL.

The mappings belonging to a single plugin instance are linked by the combination of the plugin file name and the instance number. Are you suggesting that the mapping names should read “#2”, even though the instance number in the properties is 3?

I guess so – it would make more sense to me that they’d be treated like separate plug-ins in this regard. It’s true that there’s a discrepancy with the configuration in the device mapping properties… Then again, I haven’t encountered a situation in which I needed to manually assign instance numbers.
    You know I just report this and other things as I notice them, and most are minor issues that can be saved for a rainy day, if you even think they merit some more attention. 😉

@levendis wrote:

When you move a fader and set it back to the original value in one action (not by right-click cancelling), it still creates an undo point, which is kind of a waste…?

I like this behaviour.
    I can ‘enter current value’ at the edit position. Then, as any edit, have the option to undo.
    Thank-you thcilnnahoj for being observant.

Oh yes, it’s indeed useful for parameter faders. I was thinking of the usual gain, pan, or send level faders – as always, a super-minor thing.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

I also need to apologize for the increasing delay on the bounce chapter I said I would write. I must admit I’ve made very little progress so far, as it would appear that I have a job now. 😉 That, and a few personal decisions have left me with much less time to spend on Podium-related stuff. I’ll still try to pop in for beta-testing (you know I love it! :mrgreen:) now and then.

Oh, and I will definitely try to slip you a little something from my first paycheck. 😉

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Bug report! 😉
    The color picker doesn’t resize correctly when you increase button size. It only does once you resize the inspector afterwards.

outsiderinvention
    Participant

Bug Report –

2.38 does not save the midi device with a project.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Another bug: when mixer strips are enough slim they doesn’t switch between meters modes single clicking on them

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@outsiderinvention wrote:

Bug Report –

2.38 does not save the midi device with a project.

Thanks. I misunderstood you the first time I read your post, as I thought you meant MIDI device objects in the project and not the MIDI settings in the interfaces dialog. I’ve now fixed this bug, and will release 2.39 within a day or two.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Another bug: when mixer strips are enough slim they doesn’t switch between meters modes single clicking on them

This is on purpose. I disable this feature when zoom is less than 100%, because the fader click area starts to overlap the meter.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘2.38’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave