Topic: 2.40

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The inspector, browser and project page tabs will show icons instead of text, depending on font size and project window size.
    • The minimum width of the inspector and browser pages will scale according to configured font size.
    • The timeline ruler region will adjust its minimum height according to font size.
    • Fix: Fixed a couple of issues with latency compensation during bounce rendering.
    • Fix: Using the “render within punch range” command would sometimes leave a silent gap at the end of the range.
    • Fix: Starting Podium after manually deleting the Podium.ini file would not create a complete default setup.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

[*]Fix: Fixed a couple of issues with latency compensation during bounce rendering.

Honestly, thanks you πŸ˜€

4mica
    Participant

Tadow! Thanks much, as always. And even though I’m a bit of a scrooge, have a good holiday season everybody!

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

I’ve been using a project template to start projects with my preferred bus configuration up until now, but I thought I’d try to skip a step and directly use the plug-in database file.

After some testing, am I right in thinking that when you create a project and select “load plugin database”, that really only the plug-ins are loaded from PluginDatabase.pod? I’m asking because it seems that the bus mappings I edited (amount, names, folder structure, etc.) are not loaded, and the default bus setup is created instead. The same goes for audio/MIDI devices, but that is obvious enough as you select them on the new project page.

So… if that means the entries for busses and audio/MIDI devices in PluginDatabase.pod aren’t ever used, why’re they in it? :-k

MelodyMan
    Participant

Yes, the latency-bounce bug is fixed for me! Thanks.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

I’ve been using a project template to start projects with my preferred bus configuration up until now, but I thought I’d try to skip a step and directly use the plug-in database file.

After some testing, am I right in thinking that when you create a project and select “load plugin database”, that really only the plug-ins are loaded from PluginDatabase.pod? I’m asking because it seems that the bus mappings I edited (amount, names, folder structure, etc.) are not loaded, and the default bus setup is created instead. The same goes for audio/MIDI devices, but that is obvious enough as you select them on the new project page.

So… if that means the entries for busses and audio/MIDI devices in PluginDatabase.pod aren’t ever used, why’re they in it? :-k

Correct. Only plugin device objects are loaded from the plugin database file. The bus, audio and MIDI mappings are there, because the plugindatabase.pod file is saved like a standard project. I hope you can forgive me for not writing code that removed these mappings from the database file. Since we’re striving for perfection here, let’s put this on the todo list for 2012. πŸ˜‰

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, there is a bug merging audio sequences. The lenght of the last sample is cut down. Try to merge 4 drum samples, placed each one in a beat. In this picture I used an 4/4 signature and a snap value of 1/4

kind regards πŸ˜‰

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Something problematic I noticed:

When you move a sequence (just keep it ‘floating’ a second or two by not releasing the mouse button) in the arrangement editor while recording/real-time bounce recording something, playback is interrupted until you drop the sequence or cancel moving it. πŸ™

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Here’s another thing… I hope I can explain properly.

Concerning making copies of an arrangement – when you create a phantom copy, the sequences are linked in both the old and new arrangement.
    A unique copy, on the other hand, converts all sequences to unique copies, meaning there are no phantom sequences at all anymore.

I think there’s an option missing to create an exact copy, which has unique sequences (not linked to those in the original arrangement), but retains the relationship of unique and phantom sequences within the arrangement.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Something problematic I noticed:

When you move a sequence (just keep it ‘floating’ a second or two by not releasing the mouse button) in the arrangement editor while recording/real-time bounce recording something, playback is interrupted until you drop the sequence or cancel moving it. πŸ™

Thanks. Fixed.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Frits, there is a bug merging audio sequences. The lenght of the last sample is cut down. Try to merge 4 drum samples, placed each one in a beat. In this picture I used an 4/4 signature and a snap value of 1/4

kind regards πŸ˜‰

I could not reproduce this bug. If you still have the project file, please email it to me, along with the associated drum sample.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Zynewave wrote:

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

kind regards πŸ˜‰

I could not reproduce this bug. If you still have the project file, please email it to me, along with the associated drum sample.

Thanks for the file. The bug happens because the sound file is 44.1k and the arrangement is 48k samplerate. As you know, Podium currently does not properly support using sound files of a different samplerate than what you select for the arrangement. Once I implement samplerate conversion and time-stretching, these issues will be fixed.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Here’s another thing… I hope I can explain properly.

Concerning making copies of an arrangement – when you create a phantom copy, the sequences are linked in both the old and new arrangement.
    A unique copy, on the other hand, converts all sequences to unique copies, meaning there are no phantom sequences at all anymore.

I think there’s an option missing to create an exact copy, which has unique sequences (not linked to those in the original arrangement), but retains the relationship of unique and phantom sequences within the arrangement.

Thanks. I’ve now fixed the “New Arrangement as Unique Copy” command so that it properly recreates phantom copies within the arrangement.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Thanks for the file. The bug happens because the sound file is 44.1k and the arrangement is 48k samplerate. As you know, Podium currently does not properly support using sound files of a different samplerate than what you select for the arrangement. Once I implement samplerate conversion and time-stretching, these issues will be fixed.

Yes, I thought they could be related. However I considered it was a good idea notify it to you πŸ™‚

4mica
    Participant

I was wondering: are the fixes made for the next version, or is there an updated current version with fixes? Thanks-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘2.40’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave