Topic: 2013 roadmap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    xx JPRacer xx
    Participant

The end of November will mark the 1st year anniversary since I’m using Podium. I really like the app, but before paying for another year of update I would like to know if you can share some of the plan you have for it in 2013, if it’s possible.

Also, I’m using the latest version and when I do midi loop recording the 1st note is always missing. I really hate that, think you can do something about it?

Thanks!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Hi,

I understand your concern. Podium development has been slow for a long period now. I’m in a transition period at the moment. Besides having another part-time job to pay the bills, I’ve had to spend time on Windows 8, new development tools (Visual Studio 2012), new source control system (not decided yet, most likely Microsoft TFS 2012 Express), and a redesign of zynewave.com. It’s been several years since I designed the current zynewave.com, and it’s starting to fall to pieces. I ended up spending far more time than I anticipated on getting up to date with the latest web design technologies. So far I’m betting on WordPress, but I don’t have anything to show yet.

So, it’s difficult for me to say what will come in 2013, but I’m getting anxious to return to ‘pure’ Podium development mode. I have no major features lined up for the next releases, so perhaps the best solution for you would be to wait with the update renewal, until you notice the Podium release cycle has returned to a more permanent stride.

The Telenator
    Participant

Greetings,

First to JPRacer’s remark. I don’t know why but several DAWs also tend to clip that first note(s). Leave yourself space, a measure, etc., and anticipate this. I saw it explained in some forum but can’t remember why it happens — and happens often.

To Frits, I have loads of experience ‘abusing’ WordPress by floating personal and band websites with them. I’ve had lots of success with WordPress, though I should say I’m not crazy about how their system works. It seems needlessly a little too complicated. I did want to chime in here if only to say it would be a valid option. There are so many options very lately to WordPress that I know much less about, so something else might suit better!

The Telenator
    Participant

You had mentioned the possibility of trying WORDPRESS. Here is a great example of an audio recording software dev who makes full use of this blog host, containing one of my very favourite collections of freeware plugins. I expect you’ve seen it already, but if not I wanted to be sure. They have several other pages and articles published and linked. Nice, aye?

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/vst-effects/

Zynewave
    Keymaster

One of the things that attracted me to wordpress was that it required little effort to make a good-looking site, with the huge number of custom themes that are available.

I came pretty close to finishing a new zynewave.com in wordpres, extended with membership and forum plugins. I decided on using BBPress, the most common forum plugin for wordpress, but it has issues when trying to import a phpBB forum. According to their roadmap, this will be improved in the next 2.3 version, so that’s what I’m waiting for.

I’m not going to use wordpress.com as host though. I will set up my own WordPress install, so the site address will continue to be zynewave.com.

The Telenator
    Participant

Frits wrote:

I’m not going to use wordpress.com as host though. I will set up my own WordPress install, so the site address will continue to be zynewave.com.

That’s exactly the way I do it. Private host using WordPress’ ‘machinery’. I wasn’t sure at first if they — WordPress — would leave me alone and let me publish as many pages as needed and go ab out conducting my business, but they totally have. I heard as long as you don’t do threatening, revolutionary or illegal acts that they let you do pretty much whatever you need.

Yeah, there are something like 1200 graphics/style choices currently. You always find something you like. It is also very easy to hook up sub-hosts for music players and photos, etc. You can tie SoundCloud to your pages (although I’m using VibeDeck instead right now for the player and downloader).

Levendis
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I decided on using BBPress, the most common forum plugin for wordpress, but it has issues when trying to import a phpBB forum.

Let’s go tabula rasa!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Levendis wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

I decided on using BBPress, the most common forum plugin for wordpress, but it has issues when trying to import a phpBB forum.

Let’s go tabula rasa!

Tempting, but there’s a large amount of knowledge shared in the forum posts, which I’d like to keep online somehow. I’d prefer if it was possible to import all forum posts and user accounts into the new forum. This would also make the old forum posts available to the nice search functionality that WordPress offers.

The Telenator
    Participant

Zynewave +1 on your intentions there. Hehe — ‘archive’ us all!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2021 Zynewave