Topic: 3.0.2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added support for 64-bit ReWire in Podium x64.
    • Fix: Events copied with the Insert key were not always appended at the end of existing events.
    • Fix: Starting MIDI recording on a new track could skip the first note, if the note was short and overlapped a bar line.
    thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Thanks!

@new in version 3.0.1 wrote:

The installer now logs the folders where the Podium application and the Zynewave plugins are installed. Future Podium installers will use these folders as defaults, so that you don’t have to select your customized folders each time you update Podium.

Unfortunately, this didn’t work for me, at least when going from 301 to 302. I’ll keep an eye on it when 303 comes out.

michi_mak
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

• Fix: Starting MIDI recording on a new track could skip the first note, if the note was short and overlapped a bar line.

improved but not gone in my experience

tayfun
    Participant

@michi_mak wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

improved but not gone in my experience

does it fix in free version?

mezhick
    Participant

Rewire doesn’t work (win xp sp3) !! Sad
    I can’t see buses in devices section and rewire soft doesn’t start in slave mode (reason 5).

in version 3.01 everithing was fine…

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@mezhick wrote:

I can’t see buses in devices section and rewire soft doesn’t start in slave mode (reason 5).

I’ll do some testing. All I did was update to the latest Propellerheads ReWire SDK, with some minor tweaks to the Podium code. Maybe I overlooked something.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Zynewave wrote:

@mezhick wrote:

I’ll do some testing. All I did was update to the latest Propellerheads ReWire SDK, with some minor tweaks to the Podium code. Maybe I overlooked something.

Done testing:

The new ReWire SDK (which supports both 32-bit and 64-bit) expects to find the ReWire.dll file in a different folder than the older ReWire SDK versions. The old SDK expects to find ReWire.dll in “C:WindowsSystem32”, where the new SDK expects it to be in “C:Program FilesCommon FilesPropellerhead SoftwareReWire”.

The latest Reason 6 installer will install ReWire.dll in the proper folder under Common Files, and Podium 3.0.2 will work as expected with Reason 6. If however you use Reason 5, the ReWire.dll is in the System32 folder, and Podium 3.0.2 will not be able to open ReWire.dll.

The Propellerhead ReWire SDK documentation recommends that third-party software that supports ReWire should include the ReWire.dll in their installers, but I think that is a messy solution. Whenever Propellerhead updates the ReWire.dll, there will be a large number of third-party installers that will try to install older ReWire versions. IMO a better solution would be if Propellerhead offered a free download of a dedicated ReWire.dll installer. That way third-party software developers can refer users to download the latest ReWire from the propellerhead website. Similar to how soundcard manufacturers offer downloadable driver updates.

If you are comfortable with using a file explorer, you can make Podium 3.0.2 work with Reason 5, by creating two folders and copying the ReWire.dll file:

Note that the “C:Program FilesCommon Files” folder may be different depending on your Windows OS language.

Create a new “Propellerhead Software” folder under Common Files.
    Then create a new “ReWire” folder inside the Propellerhead Software folder

Copy the ReWire.dll from the folder “C:WindowsSystem32” into the “ReWire” folder you just created.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

A follow up on the ReWire support:

Currently, Reason 6 is probably the only ReWire device software that uses the new ReWire SDK. I installed the latest Reaper version, and it still uses the older SDK version. To avoid that a large number of users will experience that ReWire does not appear to work in Podium, I’ve now included the ReWire.dll as an option in the Podium installer. I reserve the right to remove the ReWire.dll feature from the installer in the future, once the majority of third-party software have switched to the new ReWire SDK.

So, with the next Podium 3.1.0 release, you won’t need to do the file copying I described in my previous post.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0.2’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave