Topic: 3 things that really annoy me about podium

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    outsiderinvention
    Participant

1. why does it ask me if i want to save everytime i close the program when i always save prior to clicking on the X? i just saved my project so don’t ask me again.

2. why is the cpu meter so ridiculously sensitive? it’s constantly spiking into the red when i have no resource issues and no audio glitches? it’s really annoying to look at and not at all accurate according to windows metering and other hosts. i have a quad core cpu and it will spike into the red with only 4 plugs loaded. it’s really annoying.

3. why can’t the project window be extended to show some empty space in the timeline automatically. why do i have to resize things manually or be grabbing at the edge of the screen to insert or duplicate clips?

all in all podium is great, but sometimes i just find these little things that really just annoy me. 😡

svrc
    Participant

+1 for jumpin cpu meter

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

@outsiderinvention wrote:

1. why does it ask me if i want to save everytime i close the program when i always save prior to clicking on the X? i just saved my project so don’t ask me again.

I’ve only experienced this with some Native Instruments plug-ins so far. Maybe if you could try to find out which plug-in is responsible, it’ll make it easier to ‘fix’ the problem.

Here’s a quote from Frits regarding this (from an older topic):
    @Zynewave wrote:

When exiting, Podium requests the preset data from plugins, and if the data is different from the last saved data, it asks to save. Some plugins return different data every time it is requested. That can be because they put a time stamp in the data, or som other forms of counters/randomness related to copy protection.

3. why can’t the project window be extended to show some empty space in the timeline automatically. why do i have to resize things manually or be grabbing at the edge of the screen to insert or duplicate clips?

Not sure I understand correctly… :-k You can always zoom out as far as you’d like to show empty room on the timeline, but maybe this is what you mean by resizing things manually.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2021 Zynewave