Topic: 4 Song Guitar Medley

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    pbattersby
    Participant

I just finished a 4 song guitar medley consisting of:

Pipeline – (Chantays)
    Walk Don’t Run (Ventures)
    Wipe Out (Surfaris)
    La Bamba (Ritchie Valens/Los Lobos)

Have a listen if this interests you:

4 song guitar medley

Levendis
    Participant

A medley whose parts flow seamlessly šŸ™‚ I’m under the impression you admire the children of Fender’s Stratocaster šŸ˜‰

šŸ’” I’m curious to hear the 4 songs layered simultaneously; with some tasteful pruning by you. Perhaps the bass line from one, rhythm from another etc.

p.s. What module did you use to make the ‘Song List’ on your blog ā“

pbattersby
    Participant

@levendis wrote:

A medley whose parts flow seamlessly

Thanks. šŸ˜€

@levendis wrote:

I’m under the impression you admire the children of Fender’s Stratocaster

Not quite sure what you mean by the children of Fender’s Stratocaster but all the guitar parts were recorded using the same modern Ibanez guitar, fed almost directly into my sound card then I used a VSTi called FreeAmp to make the otherwise clean raw guitar sound more like a 50s guitar with a tube amp.

@levendis wrote:

p.s. What module did you use to make the ‘Song List’ on your blog

Nothing fancy. It’s provided by Blogger and it’s called “Labels”. It just displays a list of all the labels used to tag the blog posts. I simply tag each song’s blog post with it’s own name preceded by a “-” so that all the song titles appear first in the alphabetical list followed by any other labels.

Before the song list gets too much longer, I’ll have to write my own module to query blogger for the list of songs/blog posts and replace the song list with a dropdown list.

Levendis
    Participant

@pbattersby wrote:

ā€¦ all the guitar parts were recorded using the same modern Ibanez guitar, fed almost directly into my sound card then I used a VSTi called FreeAmp to make the otherwise clean raw guitar sound more like a 50s guitar with a tube amp.

That answers my question šŸ™‚
    Convincing emulation!

@levendis wrote:

p.s. What module did you use to make the ‘Song List’ on your blog

@pbattersby wrote:

Nothing fancy. It’s provided by Blogger and it’s called “Labels”. It just displays a list of all the labels used to tag the blog posts. I simply tag each song’s blog post with it’s own name preceded by a “-” so that all the song titles appear first in the alphabetical list followed by any other labels.

Thanks šŸ˜€

@pbattersby wrote:

Before the song list gets too much longer, I’ll have to write my own module to query blogger for the list of songs/blog posts and replace the song list with a dropdown list.

Would you mind describing this process when you do it too?

pbattersby
    Participant

@levendis wrote:

Would you mind describing this process when you do it too?

No problem. I now have 18 songs on my music web site so I’ll probably have to create the drop down list sooner than later and when I do, I’ll send you a personal message with any code I had to write and the details of what I had to do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Ā© 2021 Zynewave