Hi, it’s been bugging me for a while and is in fact the most annoying part for me with podium, I’d like to have the ability to open the editor *panel* with double click and not open a new editor window, is there any way to make it so the double click opens the panel ?
This isn’t exactly what you asked for, but you can add a horizontal scrollbar to the arrangement view, which makes navigation a lot easier…
1. In an arrangement, go to View menu > Customize Editor Profile.
2. In the Editor Profile Properties dialog, click “Insert new…” button, then select “Scrollbar” from the list.
3. In the Scrollbar Region Properties dialog, click OK to accept the default layout options.
4. Back in the Editor Profile Properties dialog, make sure “Scrollbar” is selected in the Region list, then use the “Move down” button to move it down below “Tracks”.
5. Click OK. You now have a horizontal scrollbar… With bonus zoom out and zoom to selection buttons.
The same technique works inside Editor windows also, as their profiles can be similarly customized.
I don’t use the editor *window* much and prefer the editor *panel* as well, so having double click open that would be fine too. But it wouldn’t matter to me, I just use the “2” key to open the editor panel anyway, “1” to go back to tracks.
In my opinion, no additions needed for scrolling either:
Scrolling horizontally is left alt key + mousewheel.
Zooming horizontally is left alt key + left ctrl key + mousewheel.
I’ve always found Podium to be super-easy and consistent regarding navigation. Tried some other free DAWs too, even before using Podium, and nothing came even close 😀