Topic: podium on dual monitors

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • #1719
    bladerunner
    Participant

    hi everyone,

    i have just delved into the wonderful world of having double my previous screen real estate. i wondered if anyone else using dual monitors could give any pointers on how they are doing it with podium. ideally i want to have the main arrangement screen open on one and the mixer on the other. is there any way i can have a window solely for the mixer and nothing else? i have tried this with the ‘open new browser window option’ but its not as ideal as i had hoped. you can pull the mixer up as far as it will go but you still see lots of other elements within the same window(scrollbars and the timeline etc.).

    any pointers would be greatly appreciated πŸ™‚

    #13301
    ronin
    Participant

    I’m using podium with dual monitoring. One screen with an arrangement view and another one with the mixer.

    look at your browser windows preferences. go to “view->editor profile properties” all elements you don’t need

    #13309
    bladerunner
    Participant

    thanks for the reply πŸ™‚ i will have a play around with this in the next day or two

    #13310
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

    @bladerunner wrote:

    i have tried this with the ‘open new browser window option’ but its not as ideal as i had hoped. you can pull the mixer up as far as it will go but you still see lots of other elements within the same window(scrollbars and the timeline etc.).

    You are on the right path. The Podium default setup includes an “Arrangement – Split Mixer” profile. Select this profile from the view menu in the second browser window. You can then customize this profile as you like.

    #13313
    bladerunner
    Participant

    wow. that is exactly what i wanted. i have the ‘split mixer’ option ticked on the left monitor window and ‘split timeline’ on the right. perfect, thanks πŸ™‚

    #14763
    mr_es335
    Participant

    Hello,

    First, thank you to those that have posted information on setting Positum with dual monitors – and absolute must today!

    However, each time I load Podium, both screens default to the New Project screen.

    This is the process:
    1. Launch Podium
    2. Screen Left: main Podium screen – New Project
    * Double click new arrangement on the New Project screen to get to New arrangement screen
    3. Screen right: Double click new arrangement to get to New arrangement screen
    * Go to View, select Mixer Only (my edited version).

    This is a total of 3 steps to get to what I would refer to as my “default setup”. Am I missing something or is there a better way to do this?

    Thank you!

    mr_es335

    #14764
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

    @mr_es335 wrote:

    This is the process:
    1. Launch Podium
    2. Screen Left: main Podium screen – New Project
    * Double click new arrangement on the New Project screen to get to New arrangement screen
    3. Screen right: Double click new arrangement to get to New arrangement screen
    * Go to View, select Mixer Only (my edited version).

    This is a total of 3 steps to get to what I would refer to as my “default setup”. Am I missing something or is there a better way to do this?

    Enable the “link browser navigation” option in the setup menu. That should reduce the 3 steps to only 1 step.

    #14767
    mr_es335
    Participant

    Hello,

    Thank you for your response.

    That did help a bit, but I still have to do the following:

    1. Launch Podium
    2. Screen Left: main Podium screen – New Project
    * Double click new arrangement on the New Project screen to get to New arrangement screen
    3. Screen right: Go to View, select Mixer Only.

    This is a total of 2 steps to get to my “default setup”. Your suggestions has eliminated one step. Any fuither thing I can do?

    Thank you again.

    mr_es335

    #14769
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

    @mr_es335 wrote:

    That did help a bit, but I still have to do the following:

    1. Launch Podium
    2. Screen Left: main Podium screen – New Project
    * Double click new arrangement on the New Project screen to get to New arrangement screen
    3. Screen right: Go to View, select Mixer Only.

    This is a total of 2 steps to get to my “default setup”. Your suggestions has eliminated one step. Any fuither thing I can do?

    Each window remembers the last selected arrangement editor profile. If your mixer profile does not automatically appear, then it’s probably because you have not selected “Arrangement” as the editor type in the profile properties.

    #14770
    mr_es335
    Participant

    Hello,

    Thank you Zynewave, that did it!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Β© 2021 Zynewave