Topic: The Podium Music Lounge

This topic contains 164 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Forber 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 165 total)
  • #18853

    German Fafian
    Participant

    New tune I just started as soon as I fired up Podium for the first time in ages, last week.

    METANOIA

    Metanoia; changing one’s mind, in the sense of embracing thoughts beyond its present limitations or thought patterns (Wikipedia)

    Finished the mix and decided on not keeping any guitar parts.
    Hope you enjoy 😈

    #19061

    German Fafian
    Participant

    Second tune finished using Podium.

    Water Memories

    I used;
    Podium (off course)
    Sytrus,
    Harmless,
    EZDrummer,
    Toxic Biohazard,
    Wusik,
    Bootsy Plug ins,
    and a few other free FX.

    Comments?

    πŸ˜‰

    #19082

    bobbackwards
    Participant

    A work in progress…

    Remembrance http://soundcloud.com/bobbackwards/remembrance

    Comments welcome…

    #19097

    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

    @German Fafian wrote:

    Second tune finished using Podium.

    Water Memories

    I used;
    Podium (off course)
    Sytrus,
    Harmless,
    EZDrummer,
    Toxic Biohazard,
    Wusik,
    Bootsy Plug ins,
    and a few other free FX.

    To be honest I’ve heard the track, however it isn’t my favorite music genre (in fact I never hear it), and my opinions can be a bad reference:

    1. No samples?
    2. The first FX are cool, I’d like to learn to synth some of them.
    3. 2.43 hearing with headphones, I notice the mix too panned.
    4. It remembers me when I played RPG games few years back :_)
    5. Maybe a bit long? My friends complains when I hear in my car ‘those infinite noise’ (aka techno/trance song of five minutes)

    #19103

    bobbackwards
    Participant

    @German Fafian wrote:

    New tune I just started as soon as I fired up Podium for the first time in ages, last week.

    METANOIA

    Metanoia; changing one’s mind, in the sense of embracing thoughts beyond its present limitations or thought patterns (Wikipedia)

    Finished the mix and decided on not keeping any guitar parts.
    Hope you enjoy 😈

    This track kept my attention even though I don’t often listen to this genre…the Mozart bit was nice. I thought the mix was a little “thin” but that may be intentional, nice work.

    #19112

    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

    This video’s music was made entirely in Podium. It only features few D16 synths and fx, nothing more, you will see them in the mixer. No eq and no compression, only a small limiter in the master.

    The video was recorded with a single cheap camera and while learning Vegas demo.

    And yes, the guy in the video it’s me (and no, usually I don’t wear chains, (it’s a fantasy video), that’s my pc, my city, my car and my roommate’s XXXXXX enjoy πŸ™‚

    #19113

    thcilnnahoj
    Participant

    @liquidproj3ct wrote:

    And yes, the guy in the video it’s me (and no, usually I don’t wear chains, (it’s a fantasy video), that’s my pc, my city, my car and my roommate’s XXXXXX enjoy πŸ™‚

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQimSs_b8Y

    πŸ˜†
    Very cute – I enjoyed it a lot. It’s good that the teddy already put the song on a CD, otherwise he’d be very mad at you for deleting his hard work! πŸ˜‰

    #19114

    4mica
    Participant

    Great job man! After I fix my car, I might look into some d16…sounds good. That was the best bear headspin I’ve seen to date. Keep him around!

    #19116

    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

    I feel happy that it has achieved you had smiled πŸ™‚ I had tons of fun while recording the video, people was watching me while I was with the camera driving… and fake scenes…. when I was recording the hand-brake scene I raised accidentally my foot from the regular brake and the car (which was in a slope) started to go back really quick, the camera flied while I was shokked one or two seconds 😳

    #19117

    Zynewave
    Keymaster

    @liquidproj3ct wrote:

    This video’s music was made entirely in Podium. It only features few D16 synths and fx, nothing more, you will see them in the mixer. No eq and no compression, only a small limiter in the master.

    The video was recorded with a single cheap camera and while learning Vegas demo.

    And yes, the guy in the video it’s me (and no, usually I don’t wear chains, (it’s a fantasy video), that’s my pc, my city, my car and my roommate’s XXXXXX enjoy πŸ™‚

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQimSs_b8Y

    πŸ˜†

    Fabulous. I’ll add that as a favorite to my YouTube channel later on.

    And, if I’m not mistaken, we have the same headphones. The AKG K701.

    #19122

    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

    Glad you enjoyed it πŸ˜† yes, those headphones are akg701, you’re right πŸ™‚

    #19172

    Levendis
    Participant

    @liquidproj3ct wrote:

    “Allow It” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQimSs_b8Y

    I envy your talents. Your techno was solid and the video suited the atmos. A DJ would surely include this in a set.

    #19173

    German Fafian
    Participant

    I just got back from a few days off in Barcelona and found these comments.

    Thanks for listening πŸ™‚

    @bobbackwards wrote:

    This track kept my attention even though I don’t often listen to this genre…the Mozart bit was nice. I thought the mix was a little “thin” but that may be intentional, nice work.

    Thanks for the comment πŸ˜€

    What exactly do you mean by “thin” mix? I will take a listen and figure if I can get a different sound.

    @liquidproj3ct wrote:

    1. No samples?
    2. The first FX are cool, I’d like to learn to synth some of them.
    3. 2.43 hearing with headphones, I notice the mix too panned.
    4. It remembers me when I played RPG games few years back :_)
    5. Maybe a bit long? My friends complains when I hear in my car ‘those infinite noise’ (aka techno/trance song of five minutes)

    I used sounds from the Internet archive and loaded them in Morphine to morph and destroy them as well as in Fruity Granulizer or in Edison to add Blur and Reverb/ backward FX.

    Too panned?
    As in a wide mix?

    As for the lenght. It is quite short compared to the rest of songs from the genre πŸ˜†
    BTW. I watched your vid and somehow I had the idea you were older from the forum posts πŸ˜‰

    Later and thanks for listening.

    #19175

    bobbackwards
    Participant

    @German Fafian wrote:

    What exactly do you mean by “thin” mix? I will take a listen and figure if I can get a different sound.

    Later and thanks for listening.

    I am not sure if it is the instrumentation or the mix but it seemed to lack “punch” maybe needs compression? My monitors aren’t the best in the world so it may just be me…

    #19192

    bobbackwards
    Participant

    Another work in progress…it needs a lot of work but comments are appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β© 2019 Zynewave