Topic: 0.92

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

This version will expire on April 22, 2004.

• Simplified the detection method of ASIO drivers on Podium startup. Driver details in the Interfaces dialog will now only be available when driver has been activated. This solves the problems with some wrapper-drivers that would pop-up dialog boxes during startup.
    • Added extra validation code in ASIO buffer handling. This fixes compatibility issue with the MOTU FireWire 828mkII interface.
    • Using the wizard to create audio input mappings will now use the channel names supplied by the sound card driver.
    • Added ‘Import multitimbral plugin’ option to the plugin panel in the wizard.
    • When importing global plugins all created mappings for the plugin instance will be put in a separate folder.
    • When an arrangement does not contain any tracks a ‘New track…’ button will appear in the track inspector header.
    • Adding new tracks with the pencil tool, menu command or by dropping objects will now set the group level to be under the master out track.
    • Raised the size limit of plugin library presets to 256 MB.

To download the installer, click the link below. In the authorization dialog that appears, enter the words ‘betatester’ as the username and ‘beta’ as the password. You don’t have to be registered on the forum to download the beta.

Podium Beta

Jahbo
    Participant

Gonna test it whit my Creamware card tonight to se if the prob there is fixed aswel..
    Thanx.

nproject
    Participant

tested with pulsar2 and i went ok (not tested with multiple outputs tho) 😀
    thanx frits you made my day 😉

suges
    Participant

This new build does appear to solve the “Could not start xxx streaming” error for my card! Well done.

Donald S. Griffin
    Participant

Fixed on my MOTU 828 MkII ❗

fst
    Participant

Might just be my system, but the installer dropped another 4 shortcuts onto my desktop, all of which were 0Kb 😕 and undeleteable, but which disapeared after running 0.92 once via the old short cut.

Also, had a crash after the following procedure :-

– Open sequence editor for an audio track
    – Normalise
    – Exit editor without re-saving clip (at that point i realised i had to.. ;))
    – Repeat x 2 on other audio parts
    – Podium crash after the 3rd operation.

HTH

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@fst wrote:

Might just be my system, but the installer dropped another 4 shortcuts onto my desktop, all of which were 0Kb 😕 and undeleteable, but which disapeared after running 0.92 once via the old short cut.

Never seen this before, what Windows version are you using? What were the names of the 4 shortcuts? Did they have the Podium icon? Did it happen when you updated to 0.91?

Also, had a crash after the following procedure :-
    – Open sequence editor for an audio track
    – Normalise
    – Exit editor without re-saving clip (at that point i realised i had to.. ;))
    – Repeat x 2 on other audio parts
    – Podium crash after the 3rd operation.

Just tried to normalize like crazy on my system, no crashes. There must be something else in your test-procedure that is causing the crash. Could you reproduce the bug and give me more details?

fst
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Never seen this before, what Windows version are you using? What were the names of the 4 shortcuts? Did they have the Podium icon? Did it happen when you updated to 0.91?

Win XP SP1 – All shortcuts were for Zynewave Podium, and had the Podium logo i.e. identical to the usual shortcut, occured when updating 0.91 to 0.92. Right clicking for ‘properties’ gave a size of 0Kb. Maybe nothing to worry over, as they disapeared after running Podium again.

Just tried to normalize like crazy on my system, no crashes. There must be something else in your test-procedure that is causing the crash. Could you reproduce the bug and give me more details?

Reproduces with the following recipe :-

– start new project
    – import into project 3 audio files/drum loops etc. @ 16/44.1, and in this case mono
    – in a new arrangment, drag them onto separate tracks, all feeding one master stereo out
    – open each one in turn in it’s editor by double clicking it
    – select a segment and then perform an editing operation ; normalise, silence, reverse etc.
    – moving from clip to clip, keep performing edits, one per clip, without saving the modified audio
    – sooner or later, the number of edits varies each time, Podium hangs with a ‘Podium has encountered a problem…’ etc. message. Task manager cannot kill the process, and a BSOD eventually results after approx 5 mins. (drivers not unloading probably)

This is 100% repeatable on my system.

Anyone else able to reproduce this?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@fst wrote:

Reproduces with the following recipe :-

– start new project
    – import into project 3 audio files/drum loops etc. @ 16/44.1, and in this case mono
    – in a new arrangment, drag them onto separate tracks, all feeding one master stereo out
    – open each one in turn in it’s editor by double clicking it
    – select a segment and then perform an editing operation ; normalise, silence, reverse etc.
    – moving from clip to clip, keep performing edits, one per clip, without saving the modified audio
    – sooner or later, the number of edits varies each time, Podium hangs with a ‘Podium has encountered a problem…’ etc. message. Task manager cannot kill the process, and a BSOD eventually results after approx 5 mins. (drivers not unloading probably)

This is 100% repeatable on my system.

Bug found. Thanks to your dr.watson report I indeed found a bug in the code for normalize, reverse, invert editing. The bug does not crash my system, but I’m 99% sure that it is the cause for your crash. Fix will be available in 0.93 (friday/saturday).

fst
    Participant

8)

spoonboiler
    Participant

Hey.
    First off, I am loving this program. I just bought Energy XT, and I haven’t even touched it 🙄 thanx to Podium…

I have had a problem with a plug that I really wish I could use: Samplerchan!

Pleas know that I understand perfectly that this could be, and likely is a problem with the plugin, and I certainly don’t want you to spend time on this if it is. I only post this on the off chance that it means something to you, and that it is something that helps you out. If not, please ignore, I have something else I can use instead of Samplerchan.
    It is not available anymore and the site is gone, so I don’t have a lot of hope that this can be fixxed, but heres the exception anyway:

Access violation at address 77E7A75E in module ‘Kernel 32.dll’. Read of address 00000001

Here is what happens: Import samplerchan with wizard, create group track, rename, creat subtrack, Samplerchan GUI pops up as normal, looks like everything is working untill I touch it with the mouse, then BLAH!!! I get that stupid message, and it pops up over and over, infinitely, everytime I hit ok, another takes its place instantly. Only way out is taskmanager.

Cheerz.

EDIT: some other jibberish: Same violation address, but with 4A01125S
    and Access violation at address 77E7A922, kernell 32 read address 1001120C

hahahaha, as if I have any notion whatsoever what that means, but hey, you might! 😀

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Hey,

I guess you’re talking about this: http://www.kvr-vst.com/get/137.html
    Have the company folded, or is it available somewhere else? Without the actual plugin I have no chance of debugging why it crashes. When a plugin performs an illegal action, Podium will show a dialog telling you that the plugin has crashed and to save your work and restart. If SamplerChan crashes without Podium catching it, I would guess it is because SamplerChan is running as a separate application?

spoonboiler
    Participant

They just disappeared. I never got an email or anything. I know that a couple of other’s over at KvR have this too, I don’t know if maybe they know what happened.
    Let me see if I can find the old demo version.

Cheerz.

spoonboiler
    Participant

I dug up the demo, but like I said before, if this is the plug’s fault, I wouldn’t want you to spend your time trying to figure it out. Podium is wicked, and I can save up for Kontakt or something.
    Cheerz.

duncanparsons
    Participant

looked them up on archive.org..

take your pick: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.samplerchan.com/

they archived the downloads too!!

HTH
    DSP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘0.92’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave