Topic: 1.37

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Updates to the guide:
      Rewritten ‘Devices’ section.
      New ‘Transport Toolbar’ chapter on the ‘Arrangement’ page.
      New ‘Preset Panel’ and ‘Parameter Panel’ chapters on the ‘Tracks’ page.
      New ‘Using Presets’ and ‘Parameter Automation’ pages.
    • Improved CPU overload detection accuracy.
    • The CPU indicator background remains red after an overload has occurred. Clicking the indicator will clear the red color.
    • Using key shortcuts to activate editor zoom tools will update the toolbar buttons and mouse cursor in all open editors.
    • Editing curves by dragging mixer sliders will create curve points of same type as neighbor points.
    • Sequence and audio events that are resized during playback will keep playing.
    • Fix: Recording auto-extending audio events would leave gaps of silence.

The Podium demo has been updated to this version and can be accessed on the download page. You may have to refresh the page in your browser to see the latest download link.

super_crunchy
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

[*]Sequence and audio events that are resized during playback will keep playing.

Thanks Frits, nice improvement

Doug B
    Participant

Just did a fresh install of Podium 137 and all the menus are just a blank box, no printing in the menus
    or when younright click.

Never had this problem with Podium before…
    Any ideas?

Thanks.

spoonboiler
    Participant

hi, are you using karmaFX modular synth by any chance?

i have this problem with previous versions when using karmaFX synth.

i have not tried 1.37 yet though.

Doug B
    Participant

@spoonboiler wrote:

hi, are you using karmaFX modular synth by any chance?

i have this problem with previous versions when using karmaFX synth.

i have not tried 1.37 yet though.

Nope,sorry. Thanks for trying though… 🙂

Zynewave
    Keymaster

all the menus are just a blank box, no printing in the menus or when you right click.

Could you try this for me: Select ‘new project’, exit Podium, start up again. Are the menus still blank?

What was the previous Podium version you used without problems?

What Windows version are you using?

acousmod
    Participant

Hi Frits,

Not really a bug, but this new version is unusable for me : the CPU indicator is now always in red with constant more or less periodic clics.
    So I have reinstalled the 1.36 in which the average CPU is about 30 % less, with not clics while playing, only the CPU peaks when editing.

I’ve not tried to bounce with the 1.37 since it was already impossible with the 1.36 due to the fact that passages that goes well when played present the same CPU peaks when boucing.

Do you think that this will be improved soon ???

Thanks !

Conquistador
    Participant

The CPU indicator background remains red after an overload has occurred. Clicking the indicator will clear the red color.

Frits how about an option for this instead. While the idea of having the CPU meter red until clicked is good, I would certainly prefer at least an option to change this behaviour. Constantly clicking it would become a problem over time.

I really do not get that many CPU spikes anymore frankly, but I would prefer a simple option for the CPU meters behaviour.

What do you think Frits? ❓

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Not really a bug, but this new version is unusable for me : the CPU indicator is now always in red with constant more or less periodic clics.
    So I have reinstalled the 1.36 in which the average CPU is about 30 % less, with not clics while playing, only the CPU peaks when editing.

I’ve not tried to bounce with the 1.37 since it was already impossible with the 1.36 due to the fact that passages that goes well when played present the same CPU peaks when boucing.

Hi Jean-Marc,

I assume you’re using your RME multiface soundcard. What version of the RME driver software are you using? What ASIO buffer size are you using?

With this release I added support for the RME ASIODroppedBuffers extension to the ASIO spec. It is a method that allows the host to query the driver if there was a buffer under/overrun. It works on my Multiface/Cardbus but I believe it was only supported in RME driver versions 2.52 and above. If this is causing problems with some driver versions, I may have to remove this support again.

When the CPU indicator goes red, does the CPU percentage rise to 100?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

The CPU indicator background remains red after an overload has occurred. Clicking the indicator will clear the red color.

Frits how about an option for this instead. While the idea of having the CPU meter red until clicked is good, I would certainly prefer at least an option to change this behaviour. Constantly clicking it would become a problem over time.

I really do not get that many CPU spikes anymore frankly, but I would prefer a simple option for the CPU meters behaviour.

What do you think Frits? ❓

I don’t know if you have tried it yet, but the sticky red color is only a slight red coloration of the background. You can still tell when a regular CPU overload occurs. Does anyone else think this should be an option?

acousmod
    Participant

I don’t know if you have tried it yet, but the sticky red color is only a slight red coloration of the background.

When i say “red” I mean that it goes to 100 % every second…
    I don’t bother the color but the crakling of sound that occurs nearly all the time.

The same project in 1.36 (with the same buffer settings) shows an average CPU of about 50 % with no clics (during normal playing).
    With the 1.37 it pulses between 60 and 100 %.
    When there is only one or two tracks active (16 channels) the CPU spikes occurs less often, but there is always a clic each time.

The CPU spikes are perhaps due to the plugins, but there is a huge difference for me between the two versions.
    So I continue to use the 1.36.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

I don’t know if you have tried it yet, but the sticky red color is only a slight red coloration of the background.

When i say “red” I mean that it goes to 100 % every second…
    I don’t bother the color but the crakling of sound that occurs nearly all the time.

The same project in 1.36 (with the same buffer settings) shows an average CPU of about 50 % with no clics (during normal playing).
    With the 1.37 it pulses between 60 and 100 %.
    When there is only one or two tracks active (16 channels) the CPU spikes occurs less often, but there is always a clic each time.

The CPU spikes are perhaps due to the plugins, but there is a huge difference for me between the two versions.
    So I continue to use the 1.36.

You quoted my reply to Conquistador. Did you read my previous questions to your post?

Doug B
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

all the menus are just a blank box, no printing in the menus or when you right click.

Could you try this for me: Select ‘new project’, exit Podium, start up again. Are the menus still blank?

No, the menus now show printing as they would normally do.

What was the previous Podium version you used without problems?

All other versions of Podium did not have this problem.

What Windows version are you using?

Windows XP Home.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

No, the menus now show printing as they would normally do.

I’ve experienced blank menus in Podium, but it was caused by the loading/unloading of a specific plugin (the one spoonboiler referred to above). When you had the problem with blank menus, had you been importing plugins or loading plugins by activating arrangement monitoring?

If you load the problematic project again, does the menus turn blank right away, or only when you activate monitoring?

Doug B
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

When you had the problem with blank menus, had you been importing plugins or loading plugins by activating arrangement monitoring?

If you load the problematic project again, does the menus turn blank right away, or only when you activate monitoring?

All I had done was a ”quick setup” in the Project Wizard. Then all menus were blank. That’s all I did.

🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘1.37’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave