Topic: 1.37

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

All I had done was a ”quick setup” in the Project Wizard. Then all menus were blank. That’s all I did.

That will do it. The quick setup will load each located plugin, examine it, and unload it. Do you have the KarmaFX synth installed?

Doug B
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Do you have the KarmaFX synth installed?

Yes I did have it installed. I had forgotten about it, but now that I see the problems it causes, I removed it. No big deal, I wasn’t that interested in it.

Cheers 8)

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@Conquistador wrote:

The CPU indicator background remains red after an overload has occurred. Clicking the indicator will clear the red color.

Frits how about an option for this instead. While the idea of having the CPU meter red until clicked is good, I would certainly prefer at least an option to change this behaviour. Constantly clicking it would become a problem over time.

I really do not get that many CPU spikes anymore frankly, but I would prefer a simple option for the CPU meters behaviour.

What do you think Frits? ❓

I don’t know if you have tried it yet, but the sticky red color is only a slight red coloration of the background. You can still tell when a regular CPU overload occurs. Does anyone else think this should be an option?

Well. It is a slight tint. But unless it requires a problematic rewrite of Podium I still think an option would be better.

It’s fine as it is Frits really. Just giving you some user feedback, thats all. Not a major issue, but more choices means greater flexibility, which caters for more users. Sometimes it’s the little things.

Again not a big deal, but a better way of implementing it would be to make it optional IMHO. 😉

Have a good evening 8)

Wow, we have not had two pages for a release thread since Podium 0.92..while it was still in beta 🙂

acousmod
    Participant

You quoted my reply to Conquistador. Did you read my previous questions to your post?

oups !

What version of the RME driver software are you using?

What ASIO buffer size are you using?

In general 2048, but 4096 in safer. Some times, I must set it to 8192 to avoid drop outs…
    I can use 1024, but the CPU indicator goes higher and there is more CPU spikes and clicks when editing.
    512 is nearly impossible with my actual project, even with the 1.36.

I have played the same part with the same buffer (4096) with 1.36 and 1.37.
    With 1.36 the average CPU is about 30 % with spikes at 45/55 %.
    With 1.37 the average is about 45 % with spikes at 80 %.
    When the buffer is 1024 (1.37, same passage) the CPU indicator shows fast values between 60 and 90 %, with often 100 % red values and clicks.

If I use only one RME interface, the cardbus or the PCI, the average CPU is lowered by about 10 / 15 % in both versions. So the Spikes and the clicks are more rare in the 1.37 too.
    It does not depend on the number of outputs.
    I use 16 outputs choosen from the two interfaces, routed with a matrix plugin, with the not needed outputs disabled.

acousmod
    Participant

Sequence and audio events that are resized during playback will keep playing

It works when I resize the end of the event, but stop the sound when I resize the begining…

rjy
    Participant

Podium doesn’t seem to recover from stand by mode too well in windows 2000. The output of my sound card remains disabled when returning from stand by mode. Closing and reopening Podium fixes the sound card output.

Can you repeat this problem with your system or is this perhaps a driver issue? While this is quite minor problem it still is a bit annoying.

I’m using windows 2000 with M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

acousmod: It must be the code for the RME dropped buffers detection that causes your problem. I’ll remove it for the next release.

It works when I resize the end of the event, but stop the sound when I resize the begining

Correct. Resizing the start position requires that the event is reordered in the event list, so that will require a slightly different implementation. That will appear in a later release.

Podium doesn’t seem to recover from stand by mode too well in windows 2000

I’ve actually never used stand by mode myself, so I’ll do some testing with it.

German Fafian
    Participant

Hi there Frits and every one;
    How`s the summer going? I just bought and installed a new M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 sound card (the most basic model) and I have been working with Podium on a couple tunes and the new version is working just fine. Haven`t had any crackles or problems so far. I`ll try and see if I can squeeze the hell out of the program.
    I haven`t tried recording my guitar yet so I still have to figure that one out but so far everything runs smooth here 😀
    BTW. I have been looking for it, but can`t seem to find an undo option anywhere in the menu. Is there one? I fuck up quite often 🙄 specially while working early in the morning and an un-do option is quite a good option. I`m sure there must be one, but can`t seem to find it.
    Anyway. Have a nice summer people! See you around. I`m off to work some more in my music.
    The Germinator
    😈

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Hi Kaos, summer is going fine,

I have been looking for it, but can`t seem to find an undo option anywhere in the menu. Is there one?

Currently they’re not in the edit menu. There are two undo/redo buttons in the toolbar, and the standard ctrl+z/y can also be used to undo/redo. Maybe I should put the undo/redo commands in the edit menu as well?

German Fafian
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Hi Kaos, summer is going fine,

Cool. Glad you are enjoying it. We are having some serious summer storms right now so beach time is out of the question fro a couple days 😥 Other than that we are having one hell of a hot summer in the best mediterranean style (Lots of chilled wine and seafood 😀 )

Currently they’re not in the edit menu. There are two undo/redo buttons in the toolbar, and the standard ctrl+z/y can also be used to undo/redo. Maybe I should put the undo/redo commands in the edit menu as well?

I just found the undo options in the right click menu 😳 I never knew the key shortcut for them so I will be using those from now on.
    I was looking for the edit menu as it is the place where I have found the undo function in most other hosts. I don`t think you should really change them around. Actually I should read the freaking manual 🙄 😆
    I just finished hooking up the sound card and my new micro mixing board. Will try some guitar track recording and will let you know how it all goes.
    Thanks for the reply 😉

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@rjy wrote:

Podium doesn’t seem to recover from stand by mode too well in windows 2000. The output of my sound card remains disabled when returning from stand by mode. Closing and reopening Podium fixes the sound card output.

Can you repeat this problem with your system or is this perhaps a driver issue? While this is quite minor problem it still is a bit annoying.

I’m using windows 2000 with M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

I’ve now tested this with both my RME ASIO drivers as well as the Asio4All driver, and they both recover from stand by mode. Even if I enter stand by when Podium is playing, when turning the PC back on playback continues. This is on XP Home, so it could be your soundcard driver or a W2K issue. You probably can avoid having to quit and restart Podium, if you just open the MIDI/Audio interfaces dialog and click OK. This will reset the drivers.

rjy
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

You probably can avoid having to quit and restart Podium, if you just open the MIDI/Audio interfaces dialog and click OK. This will reset the drivers.

Clicking OK in MIDI/Audio interfaces works for me. Thanks for testing.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘1.37’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave