Topic: 1.70

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Template tracks can be created with the “copy track to template” and “copy group to template” track menus. A dialog will pop up where you can edit the template name and select whether timeline events should be copied. Once track templates have been created, they can be accessed on submenus of the “new track”, “new child track” and “new group track” track menus.
    • Track templates are stored in an auto-generated “track templates” arrangement. You can edit this arrangement to organize the order of the template tracks. Placing the templates in group tracks will create submenus in the track menus. A stickie note attached to the arrangement explains how this works.
    • Using the “copy group to template” command will copy the entire group as a single template. This can be used to manage e.g. effect chain tracks or a set of tracks for a multiple IO plugin.
    • “Recall track” is added to the track menu if the project contains track templates. Selecting a template from the submenu will replace the settings of the current track with those of the template track.
    • Deleting a group track will move any child tracks one step up the hierarchy.
    • When inserting new tracks the key focus will be set to the first of the new tracks.
    • Holding the alt key while clicking on a group track header will drag the entire group and not just the single track. Previously dragging a group was only possible if the group was collapsed.
    • Assigning a global plugin mapping to a track will automatically assign the local bank preset. This was previously only done for insert plugins.
    • The start page device list menu contains two new sub menus: “import plugin definition” and “import hardware definition”. The sub menus show all device definition files found in the “Zynewave Podium ProjectsLibrary” folders. Importing a hardware definition will show a dialog with options for selecting MIDI and audio interface connections.
    • The project wizard window is removed. All the essential wizard features are now found on the project start page. The Ctrl+W shortcut opens the browser window instead.
    • Fix: Windows that are positioned outside the current desktop area will be centered so they are always visible. This can happen if you used a larger display resolution the last time you ran Podium.
    Technophobia
    Participant

Thanks for the continual updates. I’m having difficulty keeping up 🙂

Podianer
    Participant

Nice!! I like the implementation of the templates. To see it in action is rather simple considered the complex discussions before! Good one. But what I do not understand is, why is there an extra parent track created when copying to a template Track?

Holding the alt key while clicking on a group track header will drag the entire group and not just the single track. Previously dragging a group was only possible if the group was collapsed.

That is great, but could you also implement a way to delete one entire group by pressing ALT + delete? That would complete this feature imo.

Assigning a global plugin mapping to a track will automatically assign the local bank preset. This was previously only done for insert plugins.

That is something that annoyed me for a while. Good to have this solved!! Well done.

The project wizard window is removed. All the essential wizard features are now found on the project start page. The Ctrl+W shortcut opens the browser window instead.

Thanks for that! The browser needed a shortcut!!

A bunch of great new features!! I like them all, and the new recall and template feature makes working with arrangements a breeze in the future! Very powerful features. I hope audio features are next and in the near future!! 😉 Then everybody will be happy (almost! 😉 )

Thanks again for that great update. Looking forward to working with it.

Max

Zynewave
    Keymaster

why is there an extra parent track created when copying to a template Track?

The extra parent track is the track that is shown in the template menus, and it’s just a placeholder for the actual template tracks. Thus you can name a new template track “Compressor -3dB” (if you e.g. have the track gain set to -3dB) but still have the inserted new tracks retain their original track names. It also allows you to arrange a set of tracks directly under the template track, which means you can use template tracks to insert a set of tracks on the same group level, and not just group tracks.

you also implement a way to delete one entire group by pressing ALT + delete?

You can press G (to collapse group) and then delete. I need to think about whether Alt should be used for these types of alternative group commands. If it should be used for deletion, then there is a whole range of commands that really ought to follow those guidelines, and I’m not sure that is possible.

Podianer
    Participant

The extra parent track is the track that is shown in the template menus, and it’s just a placeholder for the actual template tracks. Thus you can name a new template track “Compressor -3dB” (if you e.g. have the track gain set to -3dB) but still have the inserted new tracks retain their original track names. It also allows you to arrange a set of tracks directly under the template track, which means you can use template tracks to insert a set of tracks on the same group level, and not just group tracks.

Ah!! You really thought that out! Didn’t you? 😉 Makes perfect sense.

You can press G (to collapse group) and then delete. I need to think about whether Alt should be used for these types of alternative group commands. If it should be used for deletion, then there is a whole range of commands that really ought to follow those guidelines, and I’m not sure that is possible.

Ok, I knew the “workaround”, but I thought it would be a nice addition to the just added feature of moving groups. [/quote]

Podianer
    Participant

The new template feature is really easy to use and very powerful! I love it! But is it possible to create template tracks right withing the template arrangement? When I try to do that, creating a template track in an ordinary arrangement does not work for the manually created template tracks. It only works with the copy function.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

is it possible to create template tracks right withing the template arrangement?

Yes. Does your manually created template track appear in the menu?

You should just create a template track with the stickie note “Template” (no trailing linefeeds), to make it appear in the track context menus. And then create the real template track(s) as child tracks.

Podianer
    Participant

ok, I accidentaly pressed enter inside the sticky note, that was why the menu was looking strange. Works fine now!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Podianer wrote:

ok, I accidentaly pressed enter inside the sticky note, that was why the menu was looking strange. Works fine now!

I’ve now changed it so that only the first word in the stickie note needs to be “Template”.

Podianer
    Participant

Nice! Is it possible to just copy the template arrangement to other projects, or do I have to set everything up again?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Podianer wrote:

Nice! Is it possible to just copy the template arrangement to other projects, or do I have to set everything up again?

If you copy the template arrangement, open another project, and paste the arrangement in, you will lose all device, preset and parameter assignments on the template tracks. If you build up a set of templates in a project, you could save that as a template for new projects.

Podianer
    Participant

So there is no chance to transfer a set of template tracks to another existing project? 😥

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Podianer wrote:

So there is no chance to transfer a set of template tracks to another existing project? 😥

Not currently. This may be improved in future updates, but for now I need to focus on to other more important features.

Podianer
    Participant

Right! 😉

acousmod
    Participant

# Template tracks can be created with the “copy track to template” and “copy group to template” track menus. A dialog will pop up where you can edit the template name and select whether timeline events should be copied. Once track templates have been created, they can be accessed on submenus of the “new track”, “new child track” and “new group track” track menus.

It is indeed a really nice feature.

But the current state of an inserted plugin is not saved with the template, like it is when we copy/paste a track.
    Could it be the same for the templates ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘1.70’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave