Topic: 1.70

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
    Podianer
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Because when we use the tamplate arrangement to visually categorize and sort the templates, coloring them inside the template arrangement is highly useful imo.

So, you want the template tracks to inherit the color from the template parent track when copied to another arrangement? If so, that should be easy to do.

Exactly. 🙂

Podianer
    Participant

I must admit, I am longing for a change in the actual system of template tracks, that allows me to copy the template track to another project. The templates can make live so much easier, but having to create them all over again is quite time consuming.. 🙁

EDIT: But I assume, due to the layout of Podium’s project structure, this won’t be possible. At least we can copy the pure layout without the mappings assigned. Or we can copy the whole project and delete everything, we do not need.. 🙂

darcyb62
    Participant

@Podianer wrote:

I must admit, I am longing for a change in the actual system of template tracks, that allows me to copy the template track to another project. The templates can make live so much easier, but having to create them all over again is quite time consuming.. 🙁

EDIT: But I assume, due to the layout of Podium’s project structure, this won’t be possible. At least we can copy the pure layout without the mappings assigned. Or we can copy the whole project and delete everything, we do not need.. 🙂

I would agree. This is where I see benefit with templates. To be quite honest I doubt that I would have much of a need for a template within a project. But then I might have a different context of a project.

Conquistador
    Participant

I must admit, I am longing for a change in the actual system of template tracks, that allows me to copy the template track to another project.

Agreed. 🙂 I think however that Frits wanted at least something or some level of track Template implementation in place now, but I think he will certainly improve on it in future. I am glad (as I am sure you are) that he has at least has gone this far, as it creates the foundation for further improvements in future. 😉

Podianer
    Participant

I would agree. This is where I see benefit with templates. To be quite honest I doubt that I would have much of a need for a template within a project. But then I might have a different context of a project.

I see what you mean. This is really dependent on one’s own workflow. If you have one song per project, the template feature won’t give you any help. But when having like 15 songs in one project, you certainly can benefit from it. But as I stated before, with the current project structure, it won’t be possible to copy the templates, I guess.. 🙁

Zynewave
    Keymaster

But as I stated before, with the current project structure, it won’t be possible to copy the templates, I guess..

Correct. But it is possible it will support this in the future. I need to extend the .pod file format so that you can export part of the project (such as the template arrangement) and have it store references to objects outside the exported part such as mappings, presets and parameters. These references would be stored as a path/name text instead of the actual object. When you import this .pod file, Podium would then try to relink the path/name references to the objects that are already in the project.

Max
    Participant

It seems that with replacing Podium wizard we’ve lost “search for missing instrument in VST folder tree” function. Am I right? If so, can we have it back?

Podianer
    Participant

Missing VSTs are showed by a red symbol in the devices list. Or is this not what you meant?

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Correct. But it is possible it will support this in the future. I need to extend the .pod file format so that you can export part of the project (such as the template arrangement) and have it store references to objects outside the exported part such as mappings, presets and parameters. These references would be stored as a path/name text instead of the actual object. When you import this .pod file, Podium would then try to relink the path/name references to the objects that are already in the project.

Sounds good to me. 😉

Max
    Participant

@Podianer wrote:

Missing VSTs are showed by a red symbol in the devices list. Or is this not what you meant?

Well, not exactly… There was a button in old Podium wizard, after pressing it Podium has automatically searched in VST folder tree for missing dlls.

Podianer
    Participant

@Max wrote:

@Podianer wrote:

Well, not exactly… There was a button in old Podium wizard, after pressing it Podium has automatically searched in VST folder tree for missing dlls.

Yeah but Podium seems to do that automatically when it shows you that there are VSTs missing – hence the red icons. So why do you want that extra search button? 🙂

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Max wrote:

@Podianer wrote:

Select all the plugin mappings that are shown with a red icon, right click the selection and use the “search in file folder” menu. Podium will search in sub folders as well, so select your root VSTplugins folder unless you have several root VST folders.

Podianer
    Participant

😳 now I understand how that was meant.. sorry..

Max
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@Max wrote:

@Podianer wrote:

Select all the plugin mappings that are shown with a red icon, right click the selection and use the “search in file folder” menu. Podium will search in sub folders as well, so select your root VSTplugins folder unless you have several root VST folders.

Thanks, Frits. Will try.

@Podianer wrote:

now I understand how that was meant.. sorry..

It seems that you are happy with how your VST plugs sorted 😉

Podianer
    Participant

It seems that you are happy with how your VST plugs sorted

Yes 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘1.70’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave