Topic: 1.71

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The Podium guide and tutorials are now available as printable documents. They can be printed from the Zynewave wiki website. The guide and tutorials are included as pdf files in the Podium installer. The old HTML guide is removed.
    • The “getting started” section in the guide has been updated to reflect the recent changes in the Podium UI.
    • Redesigned splash screen and desktop icons.
    • Sound and sequence events that are moved during playback will start playing immediately and no longer requires playback to be restarted.
    • Changing the program from within a plugin editor will assign the matching program preset on the track.
    • “New bus instance” is added to the start page device list menu.
    • “New multitimbral instance” is added to the context menu of insert plugin instrument mappings.
    • “Sort alphabetically” is added to the context menu of multiple object selections in the browser and list windows.
    • New tracks created from templates will be assigned the color of the closest colored parent track in the template arrangement.
    • Fix: Creating template tracks did not store the current plugin settings.
    • Fix: Offline bounce could crash when bouncing plugins that introduced latency.
    • Fix: Selecting menus with the menu button in the embedded list panel did not work unless the list had key focus.

The Podium demo has been updated to this version and can be accessed on the download page. You may have to refresh the page in your browser to see the latest download link.

xis23
    Participant

Fix: Offline bounce could crash when bouncing plugins that introduced latency.

Cool hope this fixes curveeq problems.

Also you may have notice you haven’t heard from me for a while. That is because everything is going brilliantly. Also since I have been using a template track and the new “new>from template track” feature it has eliminated the need for me to switch the heirarchy of tracks which was the main thing that was causing multiprocessing to crash… now multiprocessing is working flawless too.

Thanks.

Conquistador
    Participant

Very nice! šŸ™‚

Conquistador
    Participant

It’s great to see the Podium guide as a PDF! šŸ™‚

One problem….I can barely make out the detail in the pictures. They are very blurry. Try page 8 as one example, really fuzzy.

It is as if the image has been increased in size instead of maybe decreased in size. So they appear badly pixelated.

Some issue on exporting the PDF maybe?

Just checked out z3ta regarding the issue we discussed previously…100% rock solid preset changes from within the GUI now. šŸ˜€

They sync up perfectly with the preset panel. šŸ™‚

Thanks!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Some issue on exporting the PDF maybe?

As I mentioned in another topic, I now maintain the Podium guide and tutorials on the wiki, where I’ve set up a link that will take all the wiki guide pages and present them in a single printer-friendly page. I currently use PDFCreator which is an open source printer driver that can print to PDF files. This setup makes it very easy for me (and other volunteers) to update the guide and tutorials on the wiki, and then simply print the latest version to PDF before each new Podium release. I think the coarse graphics are a result of this process. The graphics are available in hires in the wiki, but the conversion to html pages and then to PDF probably causes the graphics to be resized. There are some DPI settings in the PDF printer driver that may improve this. I haven’t tried this yet.

If anyone knows of a way to create higher-quality PDF files, I’m all ears. What is important to me is that I can generate the PDFs automatically from the wiki contents. It would be too much work if I have to cut and paste wiki changes into a dedicated PDF program like Adobe InDesign.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

If anyone knows of a way to create higher-quality PDF files, I’m all ears. What is important to me is that I can generate the PDFs automatically from the wiki contents. It would be too much work if I have to cut and paste wiki changes into a dedicated PDF program like Adobe InDesign.

he he….that may be where I can help you Frits… šŸ˜‰ I have IndesignCS2 and Acrobat Professional so really with those tools the output should be top notch and it would save you a great deal of time.

As for the images…I noticed on the Wiki that even those images are not that clear either…if you could let me have all the original screen grabs possibly going back a few years…I might be able to come up with the kind of PDF result you may be interested to see. šŸ˜‰ Just offering some assistance here. I cannot of course help with development, but I can possibly help you in this area 8)

I am still getting to grips with Indesign and Acrobat. My time is spent mostly learning Photoshop CS2, GoLive and Flash Pro 8 but I am happy to give some time to help produce improved images for the Podium PDF and any other possibly areas within the PDF if you need assistance.

I don’t know how long it will take me but I can get back to you once I have something ready.

I just need all the original Podium guide screen grabs, prior to any conversion…I think I would need to work with them in PhotshopCS2 in their original state for the best results.

Interested? šŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

he he….that may be where I can help you Frits…

Thanks for the offer. Podianer also has InDesign and has previously offered me help with this as well. But as I said, this could involve a lot of work. When the guide is more complete, I aim to update it before each release with the new features. To update a second version of the guide in another format (InDesign) would take time, and I would depend on you to make the updates before I could include the PDF in a new release.

If you want to experiment with this, you can download the fullsize screenshots in the getting started wiki page. Clicking the screenshots in the wiki guide will open them first in a semi-size window, and another click opens them in fullsize. The other screenshots in the ‘old’ parts of the guide I don’t have in fullsize.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Zynewave wrote:

and I would depend on you to make the updates before I could include the PDF in a new release.

Another solution could be to remove the PDF files from the installer, and make them available as separate downloads. They are relatively large and take up considerable space in the installer. That way I don’t have to worry about the PDFs before each release, and you can update the guide whenever you have the time. Still, a lot of work for you šŸ˜‰

Jaegerteam
    Participant

thanks for the update 8)

Conquistador
    Participant

But as I said, this could involve a lot of work.

If as you suggested in your second response, separating the PDF updates from the release time frame then that should be Ok.

Of course it would help if you can give me an idea as to what sort of help exactly you would be interested in…

Graphics only?

Text and Graphics?

Rewriting sections of the Podium guide with updated graphics?

Other?

To update a second version of the guide in another format (InDesign) would take time, and I would depend on you to make the updates before I could include the PDF in a new release.

I need to look into this a bit more but I think all I would need is Acrobat Professional for the PDF output. I only mentioned Indesign because you did. Thinking it over I think there should be no need really for Indesign if all you need is a very good quality PDF for Podium.

I have the full version of Acrobat. Acrobat Professional.

I can create a PDF from a single or even mulitple files, web page (even directly from Internet explorer) so there should be no need for a second Indesign version of the Podium guide (as a PDF) maybe we misunderstood each other there, as after thinking it through there should be no need for Indesign if all that is needed is a high quality PDF. šŸ˜‰

If you want to experiment with this, you can download the fullsize screenshots in the getting started wiki page. Clicking the screenshots in the wiki guide will open them first in a semi-size window, and another click opens them in fullsize. The other screenshots in the ‘old’ parts of the guide I don’t have in fullsize.

Yes, thanks for the tip there…I think I will experiment with that. šŸ˜‰

Another solution could be to remove the PDF files from the installer, and make them available as separate downloads. They are relatively large and take up considerable space in the installer. That way I don’t have to worry about the PDFs before each release, and you can update the guide whenever you have the time. Still, a lot of work for you

Yes this too could work. Would there still be a HTML version with the Podium installer though?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I can create a PDF from a single or even mulitple files, web page (even directly from Internet explorer) so there should be no need for a second Indesign version of the Podium guide (as a PDF) maybe we misunderstood each other there, as after thinking it through there should be no need for Indesign if all that is needed is a high quality PDF.

That sounds like the best solution. I have never worked with InDesign or Acrobat, so I don’t know which tool is best for this job. Another thing that is missing in the current wiki to PDF setup, is a TOC with page number references. Maybe that can easily be auto-generated in Acrobat too?

Would there still be a HTML version with the Podium installer though?

No. The whole point of the work I have done with the wiki setup, is to avoid having to maintain the separate HTML guide.

Podianer
    Participant

Thanks for the update! šŸ˜‰

Really appreciate the bugfixes!

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

That sounds like the best solution. I have never worked with InDesign or Acrobat, so I don’t know which tool is best for this job. Another thing that is missing in the current wiki to PDF setup, is a TOC with page number references. Maybe that can easily be auto-generated in Acrobat too?

Most likely. I will look into it. šŸ˜‰

No. The whole point of the work I have done with the wiki setup, is to avoid having to maintain the separate HTML guide.

We are on the same page then. šŸ˜‰

Vonbrucken
    Participant

ok sounds good , thanks for the new release

acousmod
    Participant

Sound and sequence events that are moved during playback will start playing immediately and no longer requires playback to be restarted.

Aaaaahhhh !!!!
    And also when splitting and resizing…
    Great !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘1.71’ is closed to new replies.
Ā© 2021 Zynewave