Topic: 1.71

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
    acousmod
    Participant

Redesigned splash screen and desktop icons.

Just an opinion : I am not convinced at all with the look of the splashscreen, with the black border, which makes me think of a mourning announcement…
    I find this sooo sad for a so innovative software…

And the icon… a white square on the desktop… ?
    Nostalgic of Apple’s “purity” ?

I suppose that you wanted to make serious ?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

the splashscreen, with the black border, which makes me think of a mourning announcement.

Really? 😯 Anyone else feel depressed when they see the splash screen? 😕

Naturally I don’t make that connection. Is it because the background is greyish? Or is it the black border? What could be done to improve it?

I got tired of the old green colored icons and splash screen. The new design uses the brushed metal texture that was recently introduced in Podium.

acousmod
    Participant

Really? Shocked Anyone else feel depressed when they see the splash screen? Confused

Sorry, I didn’t want to be alarmist 😉

Or is it the black border? What could be done to improve it?

I don’t know…
    Perhaps a fade to transparent border instead ?
    A blue sinus wave across ???
    No splashscreen ?

No, seriously I have no idea about it, just found this one not very appealing…

You could make some contest ?

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Really? 😯 Anyone else feel depressed when they see the splash screen? 😕

😆 I would not say depressed he he. I prefer it to the older version as far as the size is concerned and the brushed look.

Naturally I don’t make that connection. Is it because the background is greyish? Or is it the black border? What could be done to improve it?

I suppose a bit of colour would not hurt. Maybe a soft blue colour or tint would help for the background of the splash screen.

The desktop icon is ok, maybe a bit of colour there as well?

No big deal for me really either way as I like the new splash screen but a tint of blue might be better. 😉

Jaegerteam
    Participant

I can not confirm this… the Podium design is not old fashioned.

I do not think it has to have the latest look (e.g. like these web 2.0 websites, candy colours, polished buttons and so on).
    The newer Apple look will also disappear after a while, I would bet.

For standing over those trends you need a more classical / timeless appearance, I think Podium has this.

Max
    Participant

Well, I did not want to talk about this, but since acousmod mentonied it… Yeah, I kinda agree with him. New splashscreen design looks oldfashioned for me (but Podium design is not), and the icon now looks strange… Because it’s hard to recognize it in windows start menu (it has a white background by default).

I believe that icons that uses 32bit colour depth with pseudo3d effects looks more catchy for potential user’s eyes.

But of course it just my opinion.

Podianer
    Participant

@Max wrote:

Well, I did not want to talk about this, but since acousmod mentonied it… Yeah, I kinda agree with him. New splashscreen design looks oldfashioned for me (but Podium design is not), and the icon now looks strange… Because it’s hard to recognize it in windows start menu (it has a white background by default).

I believe that icons that uses 32bit colour depth with pseudo3d effects looks more catchy for potential user’s eyes.

But of course it just my opinion.

I agree with that.. Lets start a little contest! 😆

Frits, how do you like this one??

I know it is nothing really extraordinary, but I think the colors match perfectly to the standard theme.. What do you guys think?

acousmod
    Participant

Hi Podianer,

I agree that it suits well to the actual Podium, it looks very “pro”.
    But with a splashscreen like this, people will think that Podium costs a lot of more ! 😉

Well done.

Max
    Participant

Hey Podianer!

Nice one.

But more colors would be nice. 8) 😛

Podianer
    Participant

Frits? You don’t like it? 😕

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Is the blurred background image a screenshot of Podium?

To be honest, I’m not sure I like this better than the existing splash screen. But I would like to hear more opinions.

Podianer
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Is the blurred background image a screenshot of Podium?

Yes. Three screenshots.

To be honest, I’m not sure I like this better than the existing splash screen.

😥 ok.. It was just a try.. Podium is your baby! 😉

Black Coffee
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I like the splashscreen (designed by Podianer) very much… It really looks “pro” and YES (!), I think it really suits Podium.
    I can’t wait to buy my own copy, I just saw Podium in action at a friend’s homestudio.

So I think the suggested design represents Podium very well… It has such powerful recording abilities and furthermore, I do not see reasons for “hiding” or keeping the splashscreen design looking like the price, Podium costs.

Additionally there has to happen a lot more of marketing stuff around the product – I wish Podium to be known better among the “recording people”.

Conclusion => @Podianer: More then well done! I really like it 8)

darcyb62
    Participant

The 1st thing I try to do is turn off the splashscreen so I am somewhat ambivalent to this.

acousmod
    Participant

The 1st thing I try to do is turn off the splashscreen so I am somewhat ambivalent to this.

Me too, every time the option exists…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘1.71’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave